ICAR AIEEA 2018 Exam Application Form, Exam Dates, ICAR AIEEA Exam Eligibility, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Seat Reservation, Result, Counselling, ICAR FAQ’s AIEEA 2018
ICAR AIEEA 2018: ICAR AIEEA Exam dates are postponed. The ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) conducts the entrance examination popularly known as AIEEA (All India Entrance Examination for Admission). This examination is basically organized for providing admission to UG and PG programmes. AIEEA UG is the entrance examination through which the applicants are admitted to the bachelor degree programmes in agriculture other than veterinary sciences While AIEEA PG is organized for the applicants those who are seeking admission in master’s degree programmes offered by the Agricultural Universities. ICAR also conducts the entrance examination for PhD course namely AICE-SRF (PGS). Check complete details about ICAR AIEEA 2018 exam including admission, etc from this article.
ICAR AIEEA 2018 Notification:
Due to administrative reason the dates for conducting ICAR’s 23rd All India Entrance Examination for UG, PG and Ph.D. admissions scheduled to held on 12th May 2018 (for AIEEA-UG) & 13th May 2018 (for AIEEA-PG/Ph.D.) have been Postponed. The fresh dates of examination will be published soon.
ICAR AIEEA 2018 Application Form will be released soon in the month of April 2018.
ICAR AIEEA Exam Dates
The official dates of ICAR AIEEA UG & PG courses are given here:
|Availability of online application form||April 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application form||April 2018|
|Last date for successful final transaction of fee for online application||May 2018|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of computer generated confirmation page of online application (from non-remote areas)||May 2018|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of computer generated confirmation page of online application (from remote areas||May 2018|
|Availability of admit card||May 2018|
|AIEEA UG exam date||May 2018|
|AIEEA PG exam date||May 2018|
|Exam Date of AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) for Ph.D admission||May 2018|
|Result Announcement||June 2018|
|Counselling Commences||June 2018|
ICAR 2018 Application Form
ICAR avails the application form for 23rd ICAR AIEEA UG and AIEEA PG from April 2018.
- The application form for AIEEA UG 2018 and AIEEA PG 2018 was available through online mode.
- AICE-SRF (PGS) application form for PhD courses was filled online only from 20th April 2018.
- Applicants can fill the AIEEA UG and AIEEA PG online application form through the official website of ICAR.
- Applicants fill the application form carefully, no correction will be allowed after the form submission.
- Applicants are allowed to submit only one application, more than one application will be rejected.
- In the application form, applicants have to upload sacnned images of photograph with name & date, signature & left hand thumb impression (for boys) & right hand thumb impression (for girls).
Before sending the hard copy of the application form, applicants must check the proof of fee payment has been attached. The filled-in offline application form duly affixed with postal stamp of appropriate amount should be reached through registered/speed post in the following address:
Controller of Examinations (Agril. Education),
ICAR, Room No. 216,
Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa,
Apply Online: ICAR AIEEA 2018 Application Form will be available on the official website: www.icar.org.in
AIEEA UG 2018:
- For GEN, OBC and UPS Categories – 500/-
- For SC/ST and PC Categories – 250/-
AIEEA PG 2018:
- For GEN, OBC and UPS Categories – 600/-
- For SC/ST and PC Categories – 300/-
- For GEN, OBC and UPS Categories – 1200/-
- For SC/ST and PC Categories – 600/-
Mode of Payment
The payment for the online application form can be done through credit/debit card/net banking by using the payment gateway of Canara bank.
UG courses (B.Sc (Hons./ B.Tech/B.F.Sc) are offered in the following subjects:
Agriculture/Horticulture/Fisheries/Forestry/Community Science(erstwhile Home Science) / Sericulture /Biotechnology/ Agricultural Engineering/Dairy Technology/Food Technology.
PG Courses are offered in the following fields:
Plant Biotechnology, Plant Sciences, Physical Science, Entomology and Nematology, Agronomy, Social Sciences, Statistical Sciences, Horticulture, Forestry/Agroforestry and Silviculture, Agricultural Engineering & Technology, Water Science & Technology, Home Science (Currently renamed as Community Science) (erstwhile Home Science), Animal Biotechnology, Veterinary Science, Animal Sciences, Fisheries Science, Dairy Science, Dairy Technology, Food Science Technology, and Agri-Business Management.
For AIEEA UG 2018:
- Applicant’s age should be 16 years as on 31st August 2018.
For AIEEA PG 2018:
- The applicants should not possess the age less than 19 years as on 31st August, 2018.
- No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
For AIEEA UG:
- Applicants should passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with 50% (for GEN/OBC (NCL)/UPS ((Under Privileged State)) & 40% (in case of SC/ST/PC) aggregate marks.
- Applicants should pass the above examination with PCM /PCB / PCMB /PCF subjects.
- Applicants with PCF combination are eligible for admission to B.Sc. (Horticulre) only.
- Appearing applicants are also eligible.
For AIEEA PG:
- Minimum educational qualification of bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Forestry, Agri. Marketing and Cooperation, Food Science, Biotechnology, Basic and allied sciences etc. is required to be eligible for this course.
- Those who have completed their bachelor’s degree programmes in the pattern of 10+2+5 or 10+2+4 or 10+6 years can apply for this course. Few seats are also available for applicants possessing bachelor’s degree in 10+2+3 education pattern.
- In the case of grading point, OGPA of at least 6.60/10, 3.25/5, 2.60/4 is required for General, OBC and UPS categories. The OGPA requirement of SC/ST/PC applicants will be 5.60/10, 2.75/5, 2.20/4, respectively.
- In the case of number system, at least 60% marks for General, OBC and UPS categories is required whereas for SC/ST/PC category applicants 50% marks are required.
ICAR AIEEA 2018 Admit Card
The admit card was available through online mode during specified period. The admit card was issued to the applicants on May 2018. Applicants are able to download their admit card through login by entering “Application Number” & “Password”. Along with the application form, the applicants are provided with the duplicate admit card. In that admit card, the applicants have to enter their details except roll number and exam venue. Keep one copy of admit card to yourself and submit another one with the application form.
Applicants have to bring the self-attested admit card in the examination hall. Applicant was not be allowed in the examination hall without self-attestation of photo, signature & thumb impression on e-Admit card. Save the admit card till the admission process not over. In case, applicant face any difficulty in obtaining the roll number/examination venue, applicants are advised to contact the Nodal Officer of the respective Examination City center; two days before the scheduled examination date.
The exam pattern details are given below:
For AIEEA UG:
- Number of Questions: It has only single question paper containing 180 multiple choice questions. 60 question was asked from each subjects.
- Subjects: The questions was asked in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Agriculture.
- Duration: The duration of the exam was 2 1/2 hours.
- Attempts: Out of five subjects, applicants have to attempt only three subjects.
- Marks: The question paper was 720 marks.
- Medium: The question paper medium was English as well as Hindi.
- Marking Scheme: For correct answer, 4 marks is allotted to the applicants
- Negative Marking: There is a negative marking of 1 mark for every incorrect answer.
For AIEEA PG:
- Number of Questions: The question paper of AIEEA PG admission test for each of the 20 major subject-groups consists of 150 MCQ type questions and 10 cross-matching type questions.
- Marks: The question paper was 650 marks.
- Medium:The medium of the question paper was English only.
- Marking Scheme: For correct response, 4 marks (for MCQ) & 5 Marks (for cross matching type questions) was awarded to the applicants.
- Negative Marking: There is the provision of negative marking of 1 mark for every MCQ incorrect answer and 0.2 marks for incorrect matching type sub-question/pairing.
ICAR AIEEA 2018 Syllabus
The exam syllabus is always given in official information brochure. Since the ICAR AIEEA UG 2018 brochure / prospectus is not yet available, you can make do with the last year’s syllabus. It is better to study all topics given in the syllabus to improve chances of scoring well.
ICAR exam 2018 syllabus contains: physics (20 units), chemistry (35 units), biology (9 units), mathematics (10 units), agriculture (4 units). Depending upon which courses you plan to study after 12th class, you will appear in PCM/PCB/PCA/ABC subjects.
Seat & Reservation
For the academic session 2018-2019, ICAR 23rd AIEEA UG and ICAR 23rd AIEEA PG will be conducted to admit applicants in 100% seats available at ICAR deemed-to-be-Universities namely NDRI, Karnal, RLB Central Agricultural Universities Jhansi, IARI, IVRI and CIFE. The undergraduate courses is offered by the NDRI, Karnal and RLB Central Agricultural Universities Jhansi while PG is offered by the NDRI, IARI, IVRI and CIFE. State Agricultural Universities also provides admission through ICAR 2018 AIEEA UG and PG entrance exam. It offers 15% seats for UG degree courses and 25% seats for PG degree courses. Reservation criteria is as following:
- SC – 15% seats
- ST – 7.5% seats
- PC – 3% seats
- UPS – 2% seats
- OBC – Reservation in Central Educational Institutions/ Universities will be as per govt. of India rules.
The Council declare the result of AIEEA UG 2018 and AIEEA PG 2018 in June 2018. The applicants can check the result online through the official website of council. Based on the merit obtained by the applicants in UG and PG All India Entrance Examination, the seats will be offered. On the basis of applicant’s merit in AIEEA UG, the National Talent Scholarships (NTS) will be awarded whereas 475 ICAR-Junior Research Fellowships will be awarded PG degree merit holder applicants.
After the announcement of the result, ICAR AIEEA 2018 counselling will be start after declaration of result. The counselling for UG & PG courses has been started from June 2018. The counselling is organized through online mode. Applicants have to register for the counselling procedure. Only qualified applicants will be considered for admission to the Agricultural Universities. Applicants have achieved a minimum of 50% marks for General and UPS categories and a minimum of 40% marks for SC/ST/PC categories in the Entrance examination.
AIEEA 2018 Counselling Documents
Applicants need to produce a list of documents in original and set of self-attested photocopies of each of the following:
- All certificates and mark sheets/grade reports, in original of Class 10th and 12th
- Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate
- Character Certificate from the School last attended.
- SC, ST and non-creamy layer of OBC categories have to provide original Certificate as per Central Govt. requirements and issued by Competent Authority.
- In case of Physically Challenged (PC) applicants have to provide a medical certificate issued by Medical Officer of any Government Hospital with description of the kind and the degree of disability.
- Birth Certificate, in case if Date of Birth is not mentioned in the Class 10th certificate.
- e- Admit Card in original
- Counselling call/invitation letter from ICAR in original.
- Three recent colored passport size photographs with name and date same as the one submitted on the application form.
- Domicile certificate.
- Authority letter/undertaking if the applicant is unable to attend the counseling personally.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Ques. When will the AIEEA 2018 Exam will be held?
Ans. The exams for UG and PG courses have been fixed on May 2018. It is now being rescheduled.
Ques. How to get the application form for the Exam?
Ans.Applicants can get the application form from both online as well as offline mode.
Ques. If the application fee is same for all courses of AIEEA 2018 Exam?
Ans. No the application fee is different for different courses. For UG courses it ₹ 500 for General, OBC and UPS applicants. And it is ₹250 for SC/ST/PS applicants. For PG courses it is ₹ 600 for General, OBC and UPS applicants. And it is ₹300 for SC/ST/PS applicants.
Ques. What is the medium of exam for UG courses?
Ans. English and Hindi, both are medium of exam for UG Courses.
Ques. What is the medium of exam for PG courses?
Ans. Only English is the medium of exam for PG courses.
Ques. If scholarships are given to applicants who tops the merit list of the exam?
Ans. Yes National Talent Scholarships are given to applicants who tops the merit list of the exam.
Ques. What should be minimum aggregate marks scored by General Applicant to become eligible for exam?
Ans. Applicant should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for UG courses and 60% marks for PG courses.
Ques. When result will be declared for the exam?
Ans. Results will be declared in the last week of June, 2018. Applicants can check their results online on the official website of the ICAR.
In case of any query regarding ICAR AIEEA 2018, you may ask us by commenting below.