As a student, it is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of college life. However, there are some things that you should not forget about. One of these things is child labor.
Child labor is a problem that has been around for centuries and it continues to be a problem in the modern world. Child labor is defined as the employment of children below the legal working age.
Childhood is the most wonderful time of a person’s life; there are no worries or obligations. Simply lose track of time while playing and learning. However, such a childhood is not required for everyone.
Child labor is an issue that everyone is aware of. A child worker is a kid who is under the age of 14 who works for a livelihood.
Child Labor Is A Fact
Children continue to be trapped in the quagmire of child labor due to poverty, powerlessness, and parental persecution. Today, there are more than 200 million children under the age of 14 who work as child laborers throughout the globe.
And these children’s time is spent not in school with books and friends, but in hotels, homes, factories, cutlery, brooms, and tools. In India, the situation has grown very worrisome. India has the world’s highest number of child workers.
Why Do Kids Have To Work?
- Poverty is the primary cause; impoverished parents send their children to work in homes and businesses.
- Minors are also forced to labor instead of older people by merchants and small dealers, who simply have to pay half the price since they are children.
- Due to the current economic situation in many parts of India, parents are selling their children for a small sum of money to contractors who install them in hotels, restaurants, and other industries as needed. The proprietors of the same hotels and industries also force the youngsters to perform arbitrary labor in exchange for a little amount of food.
- During labor, children are often exposed to sexual abuse.
- Children who work in hazardous sectors are exposed to severe illnesses such as cancer and tuberculosis.
- Children labor tirelessly without becoming greedy.
How to Put an End to Child Labor
A stringent law should be enacted.
To end child labor, tough and severe regulations should be enacted, so that merchants and mill owners who deal with children under the pretext of low pay may be penalized and the child worker cannot be forced to work. Parents who send their children to work should be penalized as well.
Educate the public
Another method to reduce child labor is to encourage education since an illiterate individual has no idea what it is like to work as a kid. Child work will be prohibited if education is encouraged, and people would be aware of child labor.
Poor parents should pay close attention to their children’s education since, in certain schools, the government now provides services such as free education, food, and medical.
Unemployment must be eradicated.
Stopping child labor means eliminating or reducing unemployment. People who are unable to support their families owing to unemployment are forced to hire their children as child laborers. When unemployment is gone, parents will bring their children to school to learn to read and write, and their children will have a joyful childhood.
Poverty must be eradicated.
To halt child labor, poverty must first be alleviated, since poverty is the primary cause of child labor. Poverty must be eradicated so that impoverished people will not send their children to work.
The Final Word
Child labor is a social stigma that may be eliminated by everyone in the community speaking out against it. Remember that child labor not only degrades children’s lives, but it also tarnishes the country’s reputation.
If you have any more questions about the Stop Child Labor Essay, please leave them in the comments section below.
The child labour essay pdf is an essay written by a student about the importance of stopping child labor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can students do to stop child labour?
Students can do a lot to stop child labour. They can raise awareness about the issue, volunteer in organizations that help children, and work on policy changes themselves.
How do you write an essay about child labour?
There are many ways to write an essay about child labour. One way is by examining the history of child labour in different countries, and how it has changed over time. Another way would be to examine the effects of child labour on children.
Why is it important to stop child labor?
Child labor is a form of child exploitation. Its important to stop it because its illegal, and the children are exploited for their own well-being.
- short essay on child labour
- child labour essay 200 words
- how to stop child labour essay
- essay on child labour – wikipedia
- problems of child labour essay