CDS 2018 Registration, Application Form, Age Limit, How to apply for CDS 2018, CDA 1 Entrance Exam, CDS 2 Entrance, Official Website, Resize Image, Correction, UPSC CDS 2018: UPSC will organize Combined Defence Services 2018 exam for serving admission in Officers’ Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy and Air Force Academy. All over the country huge amount of candidates can apply for this exam. The CDS examination is directed two time in a year. The CDS 1st 2018 Online Form of application will be begin in November 2017 and the CDS 2 2018 form will be access most expected in the beginning of August, 2018. Candidates must be satisfied in advanced with the CDS Eligibility Criteria to order expect from the rejection of application and the authority will also take a action against them. All the eligible and interested candidates must read all important information which you can check in the following article as well as in the official notification.
CDS 2018 Notification
CDS 2018 Scheduled has been released by commission CDS 1 Application Form will be begin from 8 November 2017.
CDS 1 2018 Important dates (Tentative)
Candidates can check exam schedule for CDS 2018 below in the table:
|Events||For CDS 1|
|Official notice declaration date||8 November 2017|
|Online application will begin from||8 November 2017|
|Receipt of application form Closing date||4 December 2017|
|Admit card allotted date||January- February 2018|
|Written entrance exam date||4 February 2018|
|Result Displayed||May 2018|
CDS 2 2018 Important Dates
|Events||For CDS 2|
|Official notice declaration date||8 August 2018|
|Online application will begin from||September 2018|
|Receipt of application form Closing date||September- October 2018|
|Admit card allotted date||November 2018|
|Written entrance exam date||18 November 2018|
|Result Displayed||Notified later|
No. of Vacancies:
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||Will be updated soon..|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||Will be updated soon..|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||Will be updated soon..|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||Will be updated soon..|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai Women (Non-Technical) Course||Will be updated soon..|
|Indian Military Academy||19-24 years|
|Air Force Academy||19-23 years|
|Naval Academy||19-22 years|
|Officers’ Training Academy||19-25 years|
- The candidates must be an Indian national. OR
- A subject of Bhutan. OR
- A subject of Nepal. OR
- A Tibetan refugee who had come to India before 1stJuly 1962 to become a permanent resident of India. OR
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka & East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire & Ethiopia or Vietnam to become the permanent resident of India. If an candidate belongs to categories 2,3,4 & 5 then he/she must have obtained the certificate of eligibility that has been issued by Govt. of India. Gorkha subject to Nepal will also have to obtain the certificate of eligibility.
- For Indian Military Academy,candidates should be- Unmarried
- For Indian Naval Academy,candidates should be- Unmarried
- For Air Force Academy,candidates should be- Unmarried till 25 years
- For Officers Training Academycandidates should be- Married or Unmarried
- ForOfficers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical courses)- Unmarried or Widowed
- For Indian Military Academy,the candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy,the candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Air Force Academy,the candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognized University OR degree from a recognized university with Physics & Mathematics as subjects.
- For Officers Training Academy,the candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course), the candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
UPSC CDS 2018: Application Process
You can apply twice in a year for UPSC CDS and application form for CDS 2018 1st examination will be available from November 2017. After official notice you can apply for the same. To apply online for UPSC CDS Exam 2018 candidates need to visit UPSC Online Application Portal www.upsconline.nic.in.
UPSC CDS 2018: Application fee
- For General/OBC: Rs-200/- and SC/ST/reserved category students are exempted to pay the application fee charges.
- Payment can be done either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/State bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card
How to Apply for CDS I Exam 2018?
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in.
- You will land on to the homepage, then select career section.
- Now click on the notification of recruitment process CDS-I 2018 Exam Notification
- When you click on that notification, the form will be displayed along with the instruction set.
- Read all the stated instructions carefully into it.
- After reading all the instructions, fill in all the application form.
- Fill in all the credentials mentioned in the form correctly.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature, in the required column.
- If you’re filled information is correct, then click on the submit button.
- Make the Application Fee Payment for the CDS I 2018 Application Form.
- Now, they will take you to the page where your full application will be displayed.
- Take a printout of that application form for future reference
- Your recruitment form is submitted now. You will get an update in your mail account.
CDS 2018 Examination Centers
- The CDS exam will be held across 41 cities/towns in the country.
- On the basis of the first-apply-first-serve basis, the distribution of examination centers will be done.
- Candidates are recommended to apply on the early basis so that they could get an examination center of their choice.
List Of Exam Center Cities
Hyderabad, Patna, Aizawl, Agartala, Mumbai, Udaipur Gangtok, Shimla, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Mumbai, Udaipur,Chandigarh, Kochi, Chennai, Srinagar, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Delhi, Vishakhapatnam, Tirupati, Dharwar, Port Blair,Madurai, , Mumbai, Udaipur, Imphal , Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack & Kohima.
CDS 2018 Exam Syllabus
It is very important that the candidates should know the examination syllabus before they start their preparation. The examination syllabus will tell you the topics to be covered under each section of the question paper. If you know the syllabus in detail, you will be able to make strategies for your study.
CDS 2018 Exam Pattern
- Written examination will be arranged in offline process (Pen Paper Based).
- The paper will includes questions from Elementary English, GK and Mathematics subjects.
- The total marks will be fixed for written exam for admission into INA, IMA and AFA is total 300 marks.
- The written exam for admission to OTA (officers’ training academy) will have 200 marks.
- Negative marking is applied on this exam entrance.
Exam Pattern for CDS IMA, IAF Academy and INA:-
|Questions Form||Duration||Max Marks|
|General Knowledge||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100|
|English||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100|
Officers’ Training Academy:
|Questions From||Duration||Max Marks|
|General Knowledge||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100|
|English||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100|
Overview CDS 2018 Exam Pattern:
|CDS Exam Pattern||Descriptions|
|Examination Mode||Pen and Paper based (PPB)|
|Medium of Language||Both in Hindi as well as English not included English paper.|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Multiple Choice Question) in nature.|
|Criteria of Negative Marking||It is applied in the CDS examination, for each incorrect response, the deduction is 1/3 Marks.|
Important Points about CDS 2018 Exam.
In all paper of CDS, the all questions would be found as be objective type in nature. The Question booklet of the papers General Knowledge (GK) and Elementary Mathematics would be avail only in English or Hindi medium of language. All candidates should attempt the CDS papers by their own hand coz in any circumstances will not be allowed to take help of someone. Use of devices will be permitted to take in the examination hall such as, mobile, calculator etc.
Preparation Tips for CDS Exam
In the beginning you must ensure with the eligibility requirement, in order to know you are capable to apply or not. After that, you have well aware about the exam pattern or syllabus of CDS Examination. You need to identify your wear points on each subject and should have strong knowledge on the concerned subject. Begin his/her preparation with some effective books which is specially prepared for CDS.
Try to solve previous question papers as more as possible. Do practice after scheduling your study time because it will give best result. Always be aware about current affairs and read newspapers. In your preparation you must take rest of 15 minutes at least. You should be fit as mentally and physically. Beside it, you should do practice for interview which is held by SSB.
CDS Admit card
Those candidates who successfully submit the application form can apply for Admit Card. The authority (UPSC) will distribute CDS Admit Card 2018 on online procedure only. No Admit Card will be delivered via post services. Candidates must visit the website for download the admit card for CDS examination 2018. For Personality Test/ Interview the conducting authority will prepare a separate Hall Ticket/Admit Card. For downloading the CDS Admit card candidates need to visit the official website/link keep in mind that the admit card will be available only through online mode. While going to appear in the examination must take your valid admit card/hall ticket with you along with one valid photo ID proof. If any candidates would be failed to present their CDS Admit card they would not allow to enter in the examination hall in any condition. Must reached the respective examination centre according to the schedule which is prescribed by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC).
How to Download Admit Card?
- First, candidates have to visit the official website of UPSC.
- Then, home page will be display on the screen.
- Click on the Admit Card.
- Candidates have to fill the roll number and Date of Birth.
- Click on Download.
- we suggest to candidates, take the print out of Admit Card for future purpose.
UPSC CDS Answer key
Candidates who have successfully seem in the entrance test can look answer key which is published by UPSC after exam. With the aid of CDS Answer Key candidates have to calculate their estimated marks which they will acquired in the examination. But must remember this will your estimated marks we toughly advised you all wait for the official result to know your actual marks. Also download the CDS Answer Key 2018 from the official website of UPSC 2018.
UPSC CDS 2018 Result
Candidates can check the result from official website of UPSC. CDS 2018 Result will be revealed in 2 phases (for written examination and interview/SSB result). Initially the commission will reveal result of written examination. Candidates who succeed in the written examination will be invited for Personality test/SSB. The result of CDS 1st examination most anticipated would be released in the mid of May, 2018, and the result of CDS 2nd will be notified soon. In this page we also facilitated the direct link by accessing the CDS Result direct link would easily reached the official web page of CDS Result. Those candidates who cleared the exam, will be invited for the selection process.
How to check the result?
- Candidates have to visit the official website of UPSC
- Click on the result.
- Candidates have to fill the roll number
- And, click on apply
- Please, take the print out of result for future use.
CDS 2018 Selection Process
Selection of candidates will be based on some important components such as Written Exam, Personal Interview, Document verification and Medical report of the candidates.
- Written Examination- This is the first & foremost stage of CDS selection procedure. The candidates will have to qualify in this stage to take part in next stage of the selection procedure
- Personal Interview- Personal interview is the 2ndstage of selection procedure of CDSE and only the qualified candidates of written exam will be eligible to take part in this stage. This stage consists of various activities to shortlist the deserving candidates such as Group discussion, Group activities, Interview.
- Documents Verification- The successful candidates of the personal interview will be called for documents verification stage. The selected candidates will have to show their relevant documents to the selection authority.
- Medical Examination- Medical examination is the final but very important stage of selection. In this stage, the candidates will be tested on their physical fitness. The candidates will have to qualify this final stage of selection procedure in order to get selected in CDSE
UPSC CDS 2018: Important Points
- The Combined Defence Service Examination is generally conducted in order to recruit candidates for the post of officers in the three wings of the defence services, i.e. the Navy, Army and the Air force.
- The mode of Applying would be online. Application form submitted in any other modes won’t be accepted.
- Admit card will be issued by the commission on to the official portal.
As soon as the official notification will issue we’ll update on to our website.
If any applicant having query regarding CDS 2018, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.