AIIMS 2017: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is a group of 7 institutions/establishments boasting the name of AIIMS in India. These 7 institutions/establishments are the premier/first medical institutions that were providing the medical (MD/ MBBS/MS/Paramedical/Nursing/Health Science) education. AIIMS MBBS (medical) 2017 entrance exam is a national level entrance exam organized by AIIMS, New Delhi. It is conducted for those applicant who want to take admission to MBBS programme offered by 7 AIIMS institutions/establishments of the country. AIIMS 2017 MBBS Entrance Test will be held on 28th of May 2017. Here we provide, all information related to AIIMS 2017 MBBS: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Admit Card, Result, etc.
AIIMS MBBS Notification 2017:
Notice has been released about allocation of exam centers for AIIMS MBBS 2017 Exam.
Applicants can check their AIIMS 2017 application status via the login window.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Dates – Announced
Here, we provide all the official dates for AIIMS MBBS 2017 has been announced by the officials. All the AIIMS 2017 dates are given below:
|AIIMS Application form start from||24th January 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form||23rd of February 2017 (5:00 PM)|
|Application form rectification||8th of March (10 AM) to 15th of March (5 PM)|
|Status of Registration including deficiencies/rejection in application||7th of March 2017|
|AIIMS Admit Card availability||1st of May 2017|
|AIIMS MBBS Entrance Test||28th of May 2017|
|AIIMS Result declaration||14th of June 2017 (Expected)|
|1st Counselling||3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th of July 2017|
|Medical Exam of selected applicants for AIIMS, Delhi||7th & 8th of July 2017|
|2nd Counselling||3rd of August 2017|
|3rd Counselling||4th of September 2017|
|Open Counselling (if required)||27th of September 2017|
AIIMS 2017 Application Form
- Applicants can fill and submit the AIIMS 2017 Application Form via online only.
- The application form was released from 24th of January 2017 and available till 23rd of February 2017.
- Corrections in the application form will be available from 7th of March 2017.
- Providing the correction period is the subject of official right, as it may not be provided further.
- Applicants are required to keep ready the scanned images of left thumb impression, photograph, and signaturein recommended/prescribed size and format to upload in the application form.
Application fee payment can be paid via online mode (debit/credit card or net banking) or via the Challan form payable/owed at any branch of SBI Bank. Application fee for all the categories is different as given below:
|ST (Scheduled Tribe) category||Rs.800/-||As Applicable||Rs.800.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
|General category||Rs.1000/-||As Applicable||Rs.1000.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
|Other Backward Classes [OBC : Both Non-creamy & Creamy Layers]||Rs.1000/-||As Applicable||Rs.1000.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
|SC (Scheduled Caste) category||Rs.800/-||As Applicable||Rs.800.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility
Eligibility criteria for all medical courses i.e. is offered by AIIMS are slightly different. Here we are providing all information about MBBS eligibility criteria prescribed by AIIMS. Before applying for exam, applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria:
- Age Limit:Applicants must be completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission (2017).
- Qualification:Applicants must complete their 12th or alike exam from any well-known board with the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, English, and Biology subjects by securing minimum 60% of marks (for General and OBC category applicants) whereas applicants belong to ST/SC/OPH category need to secure 50% of marks for the same.
- Appearing Applicants:Applicants appearing in 12th or alike exam are also eligible to apply.
MBBS Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The AIIMS exam will be held via online mode (computer based test).
- Duration: 3½ hours (210 minutes).
- of Questions: question paper will consist of 200 MCQ’s.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct answer whereas 1/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
AIIMS exam pattern is given below:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
Seat reservation for different categories will be followed by 15% SC, 27% OBC, and 7.5% ST for Indian Nationals. 3% reservation for Orthopedic Physically Handicapped applicants shall be provided on horizontal basis. Seat matrix in the 7 AIIMS is as the following:
|Location of AIIMS||ST||SC||OBC||UR||OPH||Foreign*||Total|
The syllabus will be based on the 12th class under the 12th standard Scheme/Intermediate Science. The syllabus will comprise of several subjects such as Chemistry, Physics, Biology (Zoology & Botany) and Aptitude/General Knowledge. Applicants can prepare for this exam from the above given subjects. Detailed syllabus is given below:
· State of Matter
· Section A: General & Inorganic Chemistry:
· Structure of Atom
· Section B: Organic Chemistry:
· Chemistry of Elements and Compounds
· Molecule and Chemical Bond
· Periodic Properties of Elements
· Section C: Physical Chemistry:
· Chemical Equilibrium
· History etc.
· Current Affairs
· Punch line of companies
· Top officials of big companies
· Major corporate events
· World Records
· Famous award and prizes
· Books and authors
· Diversity of Animal Life
· Genetics and Evolution
· Anatomy and Physiology
· Reproductive System
· (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis)
· Developmental Biology
· Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals.
· Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots
· History, Importance, Factors and mechanism
· Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants
· Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development.
· Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis.
· Internal structure of stem and secondary growth
· Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions
· Transpiration and respiration
· Tropic and turgor movements
· Botany and Human Welfare
|· Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, first law of Thermodynamics.|
· Electro-Magnetic Induction
· Electronic Devices
· Kinetic Theory of Gases
· Circular Motion
· Nuclear Physics
· Wave Motion: Optics
AIIMS 2017 Admit Card
Admit card AIIMS 2017 will be released from 1st of May, 2017. And all the eligible applicants can download their admit card via online mode only. There is no need to send admit card by post. Applicants are required to keep the hard-copy (printout) of the admit card for future use. If any applicant didn’t take his/her admit card along with them then he/she is not permitted to enter the examination hall.
AIIMS 2017 Result
Result for AIIMS 2017 will be published on 14th of June, 2017. All Applicants can check their results from the official website of the authority. Applicants are required to take a hard-copy (printout) of their result and keep it safe until the admission procedure gets over.
Here we provide all cut-off score for different categories in the below given table:
|OPH||Cut-offs of the respective category|
|SC / ST||40%|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||45%|
First round of Counselling for AIIMS will be started from 3rd of July 2017. Merit list will be made on the basis of marks scored in entrance exam by applicants. Separate merit list will be prepared for all the categories. Applicants will be called for counselling round only on the basis of marks/rank secured in the merit list. For counselling procedure applicants are required to report at the place/location at the given time & date mentioned on the call letter with original documents/certificates.
For further queries related to AIIMS 2017, you may leave your comments below in the comment box.