AFMC MBBS 2018 Admission, Armed Forces Medical College MBBS Application Form, Exam Dates, AFMC MBBS 2018 Eligibility, Selection Process, Merit List , Syllabus
AFMC MBBS 2018 Admission: The admission to MBBS courses offered by Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) is to be done on the basis of NEET scores. AFMC MBBS 2018 admission application process has commenced from May, 2018. The admission of AFMC MBBS 2018 is conducted by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). On the basis of NEET merit, DGHS will shortlist applicants for the screening test at AFMC, Pune to be held on May. AFMC MBBS 2018 is to be conducted for admission to MBBS courses offered in Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. The AFMC Medical Admission 2018 to be done for around 130 MBBS available in medical college. Out of the total number of MBBS seats, a total 105 and 25 seats are reserved for boys and for girls respectively. Based on NEET 2018 scores and screening test, two merit list will be prepared by AFMC; one each for boys and girls respectively. The applicants included in the merit list will have to complete the admission procedure. Applicants who wish to appear in AFMC MBBS 2018 must check the eligibility criteria, important dates, application form, counselling procedure and more from the article below.
AFMC MBBS 2018 Important Dates
Applicants can check all the important dates of AFMC MBBS 2018 to stay updated with the events. It helps the applicants to avoid missing any important admission process.
|S. No.||AFMC MBBS 2018 Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Information bulletin available from||May, 2018|
|2.||Online Registration starts||May, 2018|
|3.||Last date of submission of application form (without late fees)||May, 2018|
|4.||List of applicants selected for screening||May, 2018|
|5.||Screening at AFMC, Pune||May, 2018 onwards|
|6.||Publication of AFMC MBBS merit list||June, 2018|
|7.||Reporting of selected applicants for admission||August, 2018|
|8.||Reporting of waitlisted applicants subject to vacancy||August, 2018|
AFMC MBBS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants those who wish to pursue MBBS for Armed Forces Medical College must fulfill the eligibility conditions mentioned below.
Nationality: An applicant has to be a citizen of India. Foreign nationals of India origin can also apply for the admissions, only if they acquire Indian Citizenship or if the Ministry of Home Affairs issues an eligibility certificate.
Note: Applicants from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are also eligible for admission to AFMC, Pune.
Age: Applicant’s age must be 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission. For B.Sc holders, the age of applicants should not be more than 24 years.
Academic Qualifications: Applicants must have passed the qualifying examination mentioned below in first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together. Applicants must not secure less than 60% aggregate in three main subjects and not less than 50% in English and 50% marks in science subjects. It is mandatory to qualify Mathematics in class 10. The qualifying examinations are:
- Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in science from statutory university or recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English. Any other examination equivalent to 12th examination or pre-professional/pre-medical examination.
- Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination after class 12 with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology
- The applicants must have completed 1st year of three years degree course from a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- sc. Examination from a recognised Indian University must be provided proving that the applicants have passed B.sc. Examination
- Applicants who appeared or will be appearing in qualifying examination can also apply.
- If the applicants have not offered Mathematics in final year, but have studied up to class 10, are eligible to apply for AFMC MBBS 2018. Applicants who studied Mathematics in I.sc or B.sc exam can also apply
Marital Status: The applicant must be unmarried. While pursuing MBBS marrying is not permitted.
Medically Fit: The applicants should be medically fit as per the prescribed standards of Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
AFMC MBBS 2018 Application Form
The application form of AFMC MBBS 2018 has been made available in May, 2018. The eligible applicants who are interested in AFMC MBBS 2018 must have to register themselves before Last week of May. AFMC MBBS application form 2018 is made available by Directorate General of Health Services. Applicants have to fill the AFMC MBBS 2018 application form before the due date. AFMC MBBS online registration process can be done in five stages – registrations, filling of qualifications and personal details, uploading of photograph and signature and paying of application fee. It must be noted that no admission will be granted without submission or incomplete submission of application form.
Exam Pattern of ToELR
- Exam Mode:Exam will be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Total Questions Asked:There will be total 40 questions asked in the exam.
- Questions Type:Only Multiple Choice Type questions will be appeared in the exam.
- Marking Scheme:2 marks will be given for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Exam Duration:Total 30 minutes will be given for the exam.
Students who fulfill all the eligibility criteria shall be called for the entrance examination at one of the examination centres on the first Sunday of May 2018. The selected applicants on the basis of merit in the entrance examination shall be called for an interview to be held in the month of May / June 2018 at AFMC Pune. About 900 applicants are called for the interview out of which about 120 students (105 Boys and 25 Girls) are finally selected for admission (10 seats for SC / ST).
AFMC MBBS 2018 Counselling
The counselling of AFMC MBBS 2018 will be done in two stages. First of all, the registered applicants will be shortlisted for the screening test at AFMC, Pune. The applicants selected for screening test will be published on July, 2018. Around 1500 applicants (1200 boys and 300 girls) will be selected for screening. During the screening, an interview will be held at AFMC, Pune. The applicants will also be required to furnish originals of certificate & mark sheets, NEET admit card, NEET score card, original certificate of NCC. The marks secured in NEET UG 2018 will be merged with screening to prepare the merit list.
Highlights of AFMC MBBS 2018 Counselling
- The registered applicants will be selected for screening as per their NEET scores
- Based on marks in NEET and screening, the merit list will be prepared
- As per the merit rank admission is to be granted in AFMC Pune
- At the time of admission, applicants must furnish the original NEET admit card, copy of AFMC MBBS application form, original mark sheet and other asked documents
- In case of vacant seats, applicants from waiting list will be called for AFMC MBBS 2018
AFMC MBBS 2018 Merit List
The merit list of AFMC MBBS 2018 will be made available on July 29. It is to be prepared by admission committee of Armed Forces Medical College. AFMC MBBS merit list will be prepared on the basis of NEET scores and screening at AFMC, Pune. The admission committee will publish two merit list; one for boys and one for girls. AFMC MBBS 2018 to be granted to 130 applicants (105 boys and 25 girls) as per their final merit rank. The shortlisted applicants will be required to join AFMC as per the prescribed schedule. All the remaining applicants will be included in waitlist. If the seats will be left vacant, applicants from waitlist will be called for admission.
Documents required at time of admission
- Class 10 marksheet
- Pass certificate of class 10
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Pass certificate of class 12
- Date of birth proof
- Nationality certificate
- Gap certificate if gap is more than 2 years
- Proof of passing class 12 as regular applicant
- Character certificate
- Income proof of parents
- Domicile certificate
- Color photograph in white background
- NCC certificate if applicable
- Sports certificate
- Proof of ex-servicemen status
- Serving applicant if one or both parents are serving personnels
- Aadhar card
- NEET 2018 mark sheet
- NEET 2018 admit card
- Caste certificate if applicable
- Caste validity certificate if applicable
- Transfer certificate or school leaving certificate
- Migration certificate
AFMC 2018 Syllabus
Those applicant who get shortlisted for screening test must be aware of syllabus. First, know what AFMC 2018 exam is about.
- Screening process
- Identification and Verification of documents
- Test of English Language Comprehension, Logic & Reasoning (ToELR)
- Psychological Assessment Test (PAT)
- Interview by the Board of Officers
- Medical Examination & Medical Board
- During screening test, all applicants will first have to undergo the document verification process. Applicant’s several documents must be in order. It is advisable to all the applicants that they keep their document ready from the day he/she apply. Avoid last minute rush to gather documents as that increases chances of missing out on something.
- Then after that applicants will sit for a ToELR. It is a test for English language comprehension, logic and reasoning. To do well in this exam, applicant must practice from some Standard English books that have verbal ability tests.
- After that applicants will appear for psychological assessment test.
- Then at last the selected applicants need to have leadership qualities, effective communication skills and excellent physical standards, as the same are prime requisites for serving officers of the Armed Forces.
If Applicant having query regarding AFMC MBBS 2018, then you may ask us by leaving your query below.