JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Application Form, Exam Dates, JEE Advanced 2019 Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Cutoff, Syllabus, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result, Rank List, Counselling
JEE Advanced 2019: JEE Advanced is the entrance exam for IITs and a few other colleges. JEE Advanced is the second entrance exam after JEE Main for applicants who are willing to seek admission in IITs. Every year, around 14-15 lakhs applicants appear for JEE Main and only around 1.5 lakhs applicants appear for JEE Advanced after which again only a few thousand applicants get selected for counselling and allotted in respective colleges. JEE Advanced is considered to be one of the most difficult entrance exams in the country. They were easily able to manage and score better than most of the applicants.
JEE Advanced Accepting Colleges other than IITs
- Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE), Visakhapatnam
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
JEE Advanced 2019 – Important dates
Here, we are providing Tentative schedule of JEE Advanced exam dates 2019. Check important dates below:
|Registration stats for foreign nationals||April 2019|
|Online Registration Starts for others||May 2019|
|Online Registration Closes||May 2019|
|Last date for fee payment of registered candidates||May 2019|
|Admit Card Availability||May 2019|
|JEE Advanced (Paper 1 & Paper 2)||May 2019|
|Copy of candidate responses to be sent to the candidates||May 2019|
|Answer Key Released||May 2019|
|Receiving feedback from candidates on answer keys||May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||June 2019|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Online Registration Date||June 2019|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam Date||June 2019|
|AAT Result Declaration Date||June 2019|
|Seat Allotment Starts||June – July 2019|
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria:
The following criteria should be met by every applicant who’s willing to appear for JEE Advanced exams:
- Performance in 12thClass:Applicant appearing for JEE Advanced 2019 requires a minimum of 75% score for General & OBC and 65% score for SC, ST & PwD in 12th or equivalent class.
The applicant should be in the top 20 percentile category-wise in class 12 or equivalent exam.
- If a applicant clears Class 12 (or equivalent) in 2017, but is writing one of the required subjects in 2019 in improvement exams or for any other reason, the aggregate % is calculated considering the best marks secured in the required subjects.
- Performance in JEE (Main) 2019: Applicant should be among the top 2, 20,000 by scoring minimum marks JEE Main 2019.
- Age Limit: Applicants must be of the age on or after October 1, 1993. For applicants from SC/ST category, the age limit will have a relaxation of 5 years.
- No of Attempts: The applicants can appear for the exam only twice in consecutive years. Applicants who appeared for JEE Advanced in 2017 are eligible in 2019 as well. However, applicants whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination results for the academic year 2015-16 were declared after June 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2019.
Applicant must have appeared the 12th class first time with all the subjects either in the year 2017 or 2019. If applicant seeking for the improvement in the year 2019 then he/she has to appear the improvement exam in all the subjects.
- Earlier admission at IITs: A applicant should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR accepted the IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. The applicants whose admission at IITs was cancelled are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2019.
- Applicants who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2016 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2019. The applicants who have paid seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat (by not reporting at any reporting centre during joint seat allocation in 2017) are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2019.
JEE Advanced 2019 Application Form
The applicant should satisfy each and every one of the seven eligibility criteria. Registration will be cancelled if, at a later date, it is found that the applicant does not meet any of these seven eligibility criteria.
Applicants should register for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2019. Registration is only through the online portal where detailed instructions will be provided.
Stepwise registration procedure:
- Step-1:After login, provide the basic data including the choice of the language of question paper (English or Hindi), the choices of the cities for the examination. The applicant will have the option of adding another cell phone number on top of the number/s provided during JEE (Main) registration. Please note that the JEE (Advanced) 2019 result will be sent to one of these numbers by SMS.
- Step-2:Upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents
- Step-3:Pay registration fee. Registration fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
Application Form Fees:
Female Applicants: INR 1200
SC,ST, PWD Applicants: INR 1200
All other applicants: INR 2400
Late Fee: INR 500
Outside India (SAARC Countries):
All Applicants: USD 135
Late Fee: USD 80
Outside India (Non SAARC Countries):
All Applicants: USD 270
Late Fee: USD 80
JEE Advanced Paper Pattern:
What makes JEE Advanced more challenging is the fact that there’s no fixed paper pattern for it. This makes the exam unpredictable and hence, more competitive.
- Date of Exam:The examination will be organized on May 2019.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through online mode (computer based test).
- of Papers: The exam will be comprised of two papers (Paper 1 & 2). Both papers are compulsory.
- Attempts: Candidates have to attempt both the papers.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English & Hindi
- Exam Duration: The duration of each paper will be 3 hours.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain objective type questions (multiple choice and numerical answer type).
- Subjects: The question paper of both the paper will consist of the three separate sections which include Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
JEE Advanced 2019 Cut Off (Rank List)
Based on 2017 figures, the JEE Advanced 2019 cut off will be as follows:
|OBC – NCL||115||31.5|
JEE Advanced 2019 Maximum Marks:
Based on 2017, the 2019 maximum marks will be as follows:
|Sr. No||Aggregate/Subject||Marks Required|
|1||Aggregate marks||366 (183 in each paper)|
|2||Aggregate marks in Physics||122 (61 in each paper)|
|3||Aggregate marks in Chemistry||122 (61 in each paper)|
|4||Aggregate marks in Mathematics||122 (61 in each paper)|
JEE Advanced Subject Wise Cut Off:
|Sr. No||Rank List||Minimum percentage marks in each subject||Minimum percentage of aggregate marks|
|1||Common Rank List (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|2||OBC NCL Rank List||9.0||31.5|
|3||SC Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|4||ST Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|5||CRL – PWD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|6||OBC-NCL-PWD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|7||SC PWD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|8||ST PWD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|9||Preparatory Course Rank List||2.5||8.75|
JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus
The JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus will consist of three subjects such as Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. Applicants, those want to apply for architecture programme offered by the IITs, they have to appear in AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test) exam. The syllabus of AAT exam will comprised of some extra syllabus like free hand drawing, architectural awareness, geometrical drawing, etc. The syllabus is mentioned here:
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Freehand drawing
- Geometrical Drawing
- Three-dimensional perception
- Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
- Architectural awareness
JEE Advanced Admit Card
Applicants who successfully registered for JEE (Advanced) 2019 will be able to download the admit card from the official website in the month of May, 2019.
The admit card will bear the following details of the applicant: Name, Roll number for JEE (Advanced) 2019, photograph, signature, date of birth, address for correspondence, category and language of the question paper. In addition, the admit card will have the name and address of the examination centre allotted to the applicant.
Applicants should carefully examine the entries in the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2019 of the respective zonal coordinating IIT.
In case the admit card is not available for downloading, the applicant should contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2019 of the respective zonal coordinating IIT.
A copy of the downloaded admit card should be produced at the time of examination. The original admit card will be issued to the applicant during the Paper 1 examination. This original admit card must be retained safely till all the formalities of admission are complete.
JEE Advanced ORS & Answer Keys
The conducting authority will release the answer key & Optical Response sheet (ORS) through online mode. The authority will announce the ORS and scanned responses from May 2019. The JEE Advanced answer key will be published on May 2019.
JEE Advanced Result
JEE Advanced 2019 Result will be declared on June 2019 through online mode. Applicants will view their result in our website whenever it announced. After the announcement of the IIT Advance result, successful applicants will check their category wise All India Rank (AIR). There is no other mode to send the result & rank card. Holding a rank in JEE Advanced does not confirm your admission to IITs or ISM.
JEE Advanced Rank List
On the basis of the marks secure by the applicants in the examination, the rank list will be prepared. Applicants, those appeared in both JEE Advanced papers will be considered for ranking. In case, the aggregate marks of two or more applicants will same, then the highest rank will be given to the applicant who secures more marks in Mathematics subject. If this process does not work, then the highest ranking will be allotted to the applicants on the basis of Physics marks. If again, the process fails then the same rank will be given to the applicant. JEE Advanced Cut-Off 2019 will also released by the exam conducting authority.
JEE Advanced 2019 Counselling
- The seats across IITs, NITs, IIITs and other Govt. Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) will be allocated by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA).
- All the applicants who are eligible for admission will have to participate in the joint seat allocation process by filling in their choices of the courses. The detailed instructions for filling-in the choices and the seat allotment procedure will be made available by JoSAA through Seat Allotment Brochure.
- The schedule of the joint seat allocation will be announced separately by JoSAA 2017.
- The list of courses that will be offered by the IITs for admission for the academic year 2019-19 will be made available at the time of online filling-in of choices.
Procedure for JEE Advanced Counselling:
Applicants clearing the cut off marks will be eligible and they will have to follow the following 5 steps:
- Registration: Applicants need to go on the official website and register themselves using their IIT enrolment number and password. The registration is compulsory and free of cost.
- Choice Filling: Applicants will be asked to select the colleges through which they want to complete their graduation. The colleges should be selected in the order of priority and preference. The most preferred college should be selected first and the least preferred option should be the last one in the list.
- Provisional Offer Letter & Confirmation Process:Once the applicant has given their choices, JOSAA will allot the applicant a college depending on his ranks.
- Document Verification:The following documents would be required for verification when the applicant goes for physical verification:
- JEE Advanced Provisional Seat Allocation Letter
- JEE Advanced Rank Card
- 10th & 12th Marksheet
- JEE Advanced Counselling Form
- 2 Passport Size Photos
- JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card
- Category Certificate, if any
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Personal representation at the institute: Applicant will have to report in the allotted institute. If a applicant wants to switch a college on account of vacancy in other college, he will have to go and present himself again in the new college.
What colleges do I get through JEE Advanced?
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneshwar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Indore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Pallakad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Tirupati
- Indian Institute of Technology, (BHU) Varanasi
- ISM Dhanbad
If Applicants having query regarding JEE Advanced 2019, then you may leave your query down below.