JCECE 2020: Notification for Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE 2020) to be held by Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) for the academic year 2020. The Board will issue the Information Bulletin which would be downloadable from the official website i.e. jceceb.jharkahnd.gov.in in the Downloads column. All the candidates are advised to check their eligibility before they consider applying. If the eligibility met then the applications can be made in online mode only by clicking the link “Online Applications for J.C.E.C.E-2020“. The candidate has to give the examination in PCM/PCB/PCMB group.
The applications were begun from April 2020, and it would be filled at jceceb.jharkahnd.gov.in only until May 2nd week. There will be no need to send the application to anyone. However, you must retain the hard copy of the confirmation page with you. You are advised to furnish the particulars honestly. Then you will be issued the online admit card by 2 weeks before the exam. The issued admit card by the Board must be kept until the admission process is over. There will be only one stage of admission. The exam is scheduled to be held in the month of May 2020. After the entrance test, the candidate would be subject to document verification in the counseling. In this article, you shall read about the JCECE 2020 important dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus etc.
JCECE 2020 Exam Dates
JCECE 2020 admission will give the chance to candidates to get admission in programmes like the 1st year of B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture, B.V.Sc. & AH, B.Tech. (Dairy Technology), B.F.Sc., (Bachelor of Fisheries Science), B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry, Homeopathy degree courses. The candidates can check the important dates related to JCECE 2020 from the table below.
|Start of application form submission||April 2020|
|Application form submission closes||May 2020|
|Admit card issue date||May 2020|
|JCECE 2020 exam date||May 2020|
|Answer Key Releases||June 2020|
|Result Declaration||June 2020|
For more details, the candidates go through the entire page.
Courses offered subject group wise
The candidates can check the courses offered and the respective subjects also from the table below.
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture / B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry / B.Tech.(Dairy Technology)||PCM|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture / B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry / B.V. Sc. & A.H. / B.H.M.S./ B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)||PCB|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)Agriculture / B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry / B.V. Sc. & A.H. / B.H.M.S. / B.Tech.(Dairy Technology)/ B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)||PCMB|
The candidates can check the JCECE 2020 eligibility criteria from the points given below.
The candidate must be a permanent/local resident of Jharkhand state. Also, they should be able to produce a valid Local residential Certificate which is issued in their name by the Jharkhand State authority.
The candidate must be a permanent/local resident of Jharkhand state. Candidates must have the Local residential Certificate issued by the authority by Government of Jharkhand.
- For B.Tech courses, there is no age criteria.
- For Agriculture & Forestry courses, age of candidates must lie between 17 to 22 years as on 1stJuly of the exam year.
- For SC/ST candidates, there will be 3 years relaxation in maximum age.
- For Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) courses, candidate’s minimum age must be 17 years as on 31st December 2020.
- Qualifying Exam:A candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects:Must qualify the 12th exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subject along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject.
- Minimum Marks:Candidates should obtain at least 45% marks for General (40% for candidate belonging to reserved category) in all subjects.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates appearing the qualifying examination may also apply but they have to pass it before the date of Counselling.
For Agriculture & Forestry:
- Qualifying Exam:A candidate must pass I.Sc. / 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Subjects:Candidates must qualify the qualifying exam with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subject with one of the Mathematics/Biology.
- Appearing candidates: Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply in one condition that they will have to pass the previous exam before the date of Counselling.
For Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.):
- Qualifying Exam:It is necessary to pass Intermediate or equivalent exam from any recognized board/university.
- Subjects:Must pass with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subject.
- Appearing candidates: Final year candidates can also apply.
JCECE Application Form
Prior to fill the JCECE 2020 online application, candidates must read all the guidelines & then proceed to fill the application form. Aadhaar card & Mobile Number is mandatory for filling up the application form.
- Candidates can get the JCECE 2020 application form via onlinemode from the website.
- The commencement of online application form is from April 2020.
- The last date to submit the application form will be May 2020.
- At the time of filling the application form, candidates have to opt the group of examinations among PCM, PCB & PCMB.
- Before applying for application, ready with the scanned images (photograph, signature & left hand thumb impression) & mark sheet of 10+2.
- Candidates will be allowed to submit only one application form. More than one application will be rejected.
- No correction will be allowed after the form submission.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of filled-in application form to the board office. Save it for future use.
Application Fees: The candidates can check the application fee according to the subjects given below.
|General/ BC-I/ BC-II||Rs. 900/-|
|General/ BC-I/ BC-II||Rs. 900/-|
|PCMB Group||General/ BC-I/ BC-II||Rs. 1,000/-|
JCECE 2020 Admit Card will be issued before two weeks of the commencement of the exam. The admit card will be released online only. To download the admit card, the candidates will have to go to the official website. Then they will have to click on the link “Admit Card”. After it, they will have to select the examination for which they need the admit card. Then they will have to enter the Form Number or Candidates’ Name and click on “Submit” button. So they will be able to get the admit card.
How to Download JCECE 2020 Admit Card
- Navigate the official website link (link is given above).
- A new page will be opened on the screen.
- Enter the Login ID and Password.
- Click on “Submit” and your admit card will appear on your screen.
- Check the details on printed admit card carefully.
- Take the extra printouts of the admit card for further reference.
JCECE 2020 exam will be held in Offline mode i.e Pen & Paper form. The exam will have
- Type of Question: The question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: ¼ marks will be deducted from the total score for wrong answers
Total marks: 150 marks.
- Language: English and Hindi language.
- Duration of Exam: 1 hour will be given for the mathematics and 2 hours will be provided for the Physics & Chemistry
|Subject Group||Subjects||No. of Questions|
|PCM||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|PCB||Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|PCMB||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology|
- (i) Physics:- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Work, Laws of Motion, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Optics, Current Electricity, Properties of Bulk Matter, Magnetic Effects of current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic waves, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms & Nuclei and Electronic Devices
- (ii) Chemistry:- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Ethers, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Coordination Compounds, Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter : gases and liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Preparation and properties of some important compounds, Biomolecules, General introduction to p-Block Elements, Classification of hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, Solid State, Solutions, P-Block Elements, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles and Processes of isolation of Elements, D and F Block Elements, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Aldehydes, Organic compounds containing Nitrogen, Polymers, Some P-Block Elements, and Chemistry in Everyday Life
- (iii) Mathematics:- Sets, Relations & Functions, Binomial Theorem, Trigonometric Functions, Principle of Mathematical Induction, Linear Inequalities, Continuity and Differentiability, Permutations & Theorem, Sequence and Series, Straight Lines, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Conic Section, Three-dimensional Geometry, Limits and Derivatives, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics, Relations and Functions, Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Matrices, Determinants, Applications of Derivatives, Integrals, Applications of the Integrals, Differential Equations, Vectors, Three – dimensional Geometry, Linear Programming and Probability
The reservation policy for JCECE 2020 can be seen from the table given below.
|Name of the course||Extent of Physical Disability for consideration|
|B.H.M.S.||Disability between 50% to 70% i.e. Locomotory disability of lower limbs. If seats are remaining vacant, the Candidate with Locomotory disability between 40% to 50%|
|B.V. Sc. & A.H.||Minimum 40% Visually handicapped|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture||Minimum 40% Visually handicapped or hearing disability|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry||Minimum 40% Visually handicapped|
JCECE 2020 Test center
The test will be held at Bokaro, Ranchi, Dumka, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, and Jamshedpur. While filling the form, you would be able to pick your choice of centre to appear for the test. You would give two options.
JCECE 2020 Answer Key has been released by Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination. The answer key has been released for four sets of question papers. The answer key contains all the correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. So the candidates can get the idea of their rank and result on the basis of answer key. The candidates can also make the complaint if there would be any wrong answer in the answer key. The candidates will be able to do so in the month of the June 2020 itself. Then after the correction (if any) the correct answer key will be released.
How to Download the JCECE 2020 Answer Key
Here, the simple and easy steps are mentioned for downloading the JCECE 2020 Answer key. The answer key can be downloaded as:
- Go through the official website of JCECEB (link will be given above).
- Search for the appropriate link that takes you to the answer key link.
- Click on that link and download it in PDF format.
- Now, start matching your answers with the official answers and compute your marks.
- The candidates can also take the printout of the answer key for further use.
Board will announce the JCECE 2020 result in the May on the official website. After evaluating the sheets, the result will be made available for download. There is no provision for requesting re-checking or re-evaluating answer sheets.
How to Check JCECE 2020 Result
Candidates can check the details given below to download the JCECE 2020 result.
- Go to the official website link (link will be given above).
- After click on the link, you will be redirected to result page on board website.
- Now, select your exam.
- Enter the roll number and click on ‘Search’ button.
- The result will display on your computer screen.
- Download your result and click on the print button.
- Keep extra printouts of result for further process.
After the result declaration, the examinees would be called for JCECE 2020 Online Counseling. There are possibilities that there will be 2 rounds of counseling in which candidates will be allowed to sit after they pay the charges of Rs. 650/- (Rs. 400 in case of SC/ST/ Female of all categories) to participate in the counseling.
List of Original Certificates/Documents to be brought
- Admit Card, Mark sheet, Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional) of Matric or 10th
- Admit Card, Mark sheet, Passing Certificate (Original I Provisional) of 12th Local Resident
- Certificate issued by S.0.0. (Civil) I D.C. of Jharkhand State
- Caste Certificate issued by S.D.O. (Civil) I D.C. of Jharkhand State
- Income Certificate issued by S.D.O. (Civil) I D.C.
- 1 passport size photograph
- Admit Card of Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE-2020)
- Disability Certificate issued by Medical Superintendent/CMO/ Head of Hospital
If any Candidate having query regarding JCECE 2020, then you may leave your query down below.