AFCAT 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, AFCAT 2019 Eligibility, Admit Card, Result
AFCAT 2019 – Indian Air Force invites candidates to join IAF (Indian Air Force) as Commissioned Officers in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical), and Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches through Air Force Common Admission Test. The courses will start in the month of January, 2019 and its online application form will be available in the month of December, 2018. All AFCAT 2019 candidates will get here all its related information of AFCAT 2019 including exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern etc. simply by exploring this webpage.
AFCAT 2019 Exam – Highlights
AFCAT 2019 Important Dates
AFCAT examination is conducted for two times every year and candidates can find below tentative exam schedule associated to its various events. These dates are subject to be updated after release of official notification.
AFCAT 1 2019 Dates
|Sl. No||Events||Important Dates|
|1.||AFCAT 1 2019 notification releasing Date||1st week of December, 2018|
|2.||Online application will be accessible||1st week of December, 2018|
|3.||Online application process will end||Last week of December, 2018|
|4.||Admit card available||—-|
|5.||Written exam||Last week of February, 2019|
|6.||Date of releasing result||—-|
AFCAT 2 2019 Dates
|Sl. No||Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Date of release of AFCAT 2 2019 notification||1st week of June, 2019|
|2.||Online application will be accessible||1st week of June, 2019|
|3.||Online application process will end||Last week of July, 2019|
|4.||Admit card available||—-|
|5.||Written exam||Last week of September, 2019|
|6.||Date of releasing result||—-|
AFCAT 2019 Eligibility
Only Indian citizens can apply for the examination.
Flying Branch (Short Service Commission) & NCC Special Entry
- Secured 60% marks each in Physics and Maths in 12thor Equivalent Exam from a recognized board. Secured 60% marks in Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University.
- Secured 60% marks in their B.E. or B.TechDegree from a recognized University.
- Secured 60% marks in A and B Examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University.
In case of NCC, candidates must have acquired NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate on or after 15 December 2015 apart from the above specified criteria.
- Candidate should be aged between 20 and 24 years as on 1st Jan 2019. Therefore, candidates must have been born after 2nd Jan 1995 and before 1st Jan 1999.
- Upper age relaxation will be 2 years for Candidates with a valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India).
Ground Duty (Technical) (Both Short Service Commission and Permanent Commission)
The technical branch of AFCAT 2019 has two subcategories based on candidate’s graduation discipline:
Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)
Candidates must possess a minimum of 60% marks in both Mathematics and Physics in 12th or equivalent exams. Also, the candidate must have passed a minimum 4-year degree (Graduation/PG/Integrated) in Engineering/Technology from a recognized university.
Cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual study with at least 60% marks. List of accepted disciplines has been published in the official notification.
Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanics)
Same as Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) except for the disciplines accepted (Check the notification for accepted disciplines).
Age should be between 20 and 26 years as on 1st Jan 2019. Therefore, an eligible candidate’s DOB can fall in between 2nd Jan 1993 and 1st Jan 1999 (both inclusive).
Ground Branch (Non-Technical)
Administration & Logistics
A graduate from a recognized university with a minimum 60% marks as aggregate in any discipline.
Passed Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with 60% aggregate marks (at least) from a recognized university.
- Holding a B.Com degree with at least 60% aggregate marks.
A degree of MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International Studies / Defense Studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT /Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation with minimum 50% aggregate (2 years program at least). Along with this, candidate must have scored 60% marks in graduation.
For Integrated degrees, minimum 50% marks in all paper put together is acceptable.
- Aged between 20 and 26 years measured on 1st July 2019.
- Candidates below the age of 25 years should be unmarried (windows & divorcee are also ineligible) at the time of course commencement i.e. January 2019.
- Married candidates above 25 years of age are permitted.
Candidate must be in possession of Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/Mathematics/Statistics/Geography/Computer Applications/Environmental Science/Applied Physics/ Oceanography/Meteorology/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology &
Environment /Geo-physics/Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each).
Final Year Candidates
Final Year candidates can apply for the examination provided the candidate should not have any present backlog and must have secured minimum 60% marks up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared.
Also, candidate must be able to present the proof of passing the degree by November 2019.
AFCAT 2019 Application Form
It will be possible to access the AFCAT 2019 application form via online mode from the official website of exam conducting authority i.e. www.careerairforce.nic.in. Candidates can access the application form in the month of December, 2018. Once the application form will live on its official website, we’ll provide you direct link for the same.
What’s New in AFCAT 2019?
- NCC Special Entry (Flying) & Meteorology Branch: This year’s AFCAT examination will also be used to recruit NCC Special Entry into flying branch and Meteorology branch under the Ground Duty section.
- Aadhar Card: From 2019 onwards, Aadhar card has been made mandatory for AFCAT application.
- Mode of Answering: From this year onwards, the written test will becomputer-based test (CBT)e. candidates will have to use mouse to report answers on a computer screen.
- Application Fee: AFCAT 2019 will not be free of cost, rather an application fee of 250shall be taken as application fee.
- Scanned Signature & Thumb Impression: Unlike the previous years, candidates must upload their scanned signature and thumb impression (left-hand thumb impression for male and right-hand thumb impression for female) this time.
- Age Limit: Unlike the previous year, this year the age will be measured as on 1st Jan rather than 1st July 2019.
AFCAT 2019 Exam Pattern
AFCAT 2019 (both 1 & 2) Examination has two stages of selection—Written Examination and SSB Interview.
In Addition to the above two tests, Candidates will have to go through:
- An EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test) stage if they are applying for Ground Duty (Technical) Branch.
- A PABT (Pilot Aptitude Battery Test) stage if they are applying for Flying Branch.
|Particulars||EKT Test (For Technical Ground Duty only)||AFCAT Written Exam||SSB Interviews|
|No of Questions||50 questions||100 questions.||–|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for the correct answer.|
-1 mark for the wrong answer
|3 marks for the correct answer.|
-1 mark for wrong answer
|Total Marks||150 marks||300 marks||–|
|Subject/Sections||Engineering Discipline related subjects|
|Mode of Answering||Pen/Paper Mode (OMR sheets)||Pen/Paper Mode (OMR sheets)||–|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type/MCQ’s||Objective Type/ MCQ’s||–|
Written Exam Pattern
The AFCAT 2019 (both 1 & 2) written exam constitutes the 1 step of IAF recruitment’s. It is a 2 hour long objective type test with 100 questions in total. For every correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 3 marks.Written Exam Pattern
There is no division of sections as such but the paper will comprise of questions from the following topics:
- General Awareness
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Military Aptitude Test
1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Staff Selection Board (SSB) Interviews
On clearing the written examination, the candidates will receive a call letter inviting them for the SSB (Staff Selection Board) Interviews. The SSB interviews involve the following 2 Stages:
Stage-I involves the following 2 tests:
- Officer Intelligence Rating Test
- Picture Perception and Discussion Test
Qualifying candidates will move to the Stage-II of the SSB Interview.
Stage-II involves the following 3 tests:
- Psychology Test: Written Exam
- Group Test: Combination of Indoor and Outdoor Activities
EKT Exam Pattern
EKT or Engineering Knowledge Test is a meant for testing candidate’s engineering knowledge (as the name explains). The test is compulsory for candidates applying for Technical Ground Duty branch.
The EKT test will take place just after the AFCAT 2019 exam. It is a 45-minutes long test with 50 questions. Each correct answer is given 3 marks while 1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
- Age for the post of FLYING BRANCH:20 years to 24 years
- Age for the post of Technical Branch:20 years to 26 years
- Age for the post of Ground Duty:20 years to 26 years
Note: Age relaxation is applicable as per government rules.
Here are the important information associated with AFCAT selection procedure, please go through the same:
- There are various stages of selection procedure.
- Stage 1 will be an intelligence test. It is a kind of screening test after clearing which candidates will be able to go for further stages.
- The second stage will include Psychological, Group Tests and Interview which will be organized over five subsequent days.
- For Flying Branch: Candidates will have to undergone through a test conducted by CPSS (Computerised Pilot Selection System). It will be conducted once in lifetime.
Varanasi, Vadodara, Thiruvananthapuram, Thanjavur, Tezpur, Thane, Sulur (Coimbatore), Silchar, Shillong, Saharanpur, Sirsa, Suratgarh, Srinagar, Salua (Kharagpur), Port Blair, Pune, Patna, Pathankot, Ojhar (Nasik), Nagpur, Nal (Bikaner), Mysore, Mohanbari, Mumbai, Lucknow, Leh, Kochi, Kalaikunda(Kharagpur), Kolkata, Kanpur, Jodhpur, Jamnagar, Jaipur, Jorhat, Jammu, Jalandhar, Imphal, Hyderabad, Hashimara, Halwara, Guwahati, Gwalior, Gorakhpur, Darbhanga, Delhi, Dehradun, Chennai, Chabua, Chandigarh, Bareilly, Bagdogra, Bidar, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bathinda, Barnala, Ahmedabad, Agra, Allahabad, Amritsar, Ambala
How to apply for AFCAT Exam 2019:
- Candidates firstly need to visit the official site of exam conducting authority i.e. (careerairfoce.nic.in).
- after that they are required to click on the link “Apply online application AFCAT Exam 2019”.
- First of all make registration and fill application form.
- Candidates need to upload the images of Photographs and Signature.
- Review application form and pay application fees.
- Take hard copy print out of future reference.
AFCAT Preparation Tips
Aspirants who are looking forward to appear in AFCAT 2019 exam, should prepare for exam with full determination. Candidates can check some of the preparation tips for AFCAT exam:
- First of all candidates must know about exam pattern and prescribed syllabus.
- Download official information bulletin for more details regarding the AFCAT 2019 exam.
- There are four subject section in the exam, give proper time to each subject.
- Make time table for subject wise study and follow it passionately.
- Collect some good books and study material for preparation and practice hard.
- Solve previous year exam papers and mock test for better preparation.
- Learn how to manage time during examination and it is very very important.
- Take good care of your health and do not take unnecessary stress. Eat healthy and Stay fit.
AFCAT 2019 Admit Card
- AFCAT 2019 Admit Card will be available on AFCAT 2019 website two weeks before the written exam. The Candidates must take a print out of the Admit Card, as no Hard Copy of the same would be sent via post.
- It is mandatory to carry the Admit Card at the time of exam along with other identity proofs like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Driving Licence, etc., without which the candidates would not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Link for downloading the admit card will be uploaded soon.
AFCAT Syllabus 2019
The detailed syllabus of AFCAT is available here. The syllabus will give candidates a fair idea of the topics asked in the examination. The syllabus of AFCAT and EKT has been provided separately.
AFCAT syllabus will include the following topics:
- Verbal ability in English: Comprehension, error detection, vocabulary testing, antonyms, sentence completion, synonyms.
- Reasoning and military aptitude: Verbal skills and spatial ability.
- General awareness: Art, geography, Culture, environment, history, politics, current affairs, basic science, civics.
- Numerical ability: Decimal fraction, ratio, simplification, average, profit and loss, simple interest.
AFCAT Answer Key 2019
The answer key for the written exam of AFCAT will be released by some coaching institutes on the day of exam. All candidates who will appear for the exam will be able to check the answer key. Candidates appearing in the exam will be able to download the answer key with the links that will be provided. The answer key of AFCAT will help the candidates to calculate their probable score and analyse their performance in the exam. Check details about the answer key of AFCAT from the given link.
AFCAT 2019 Results
- AFCAT 01 2019 resultswill be tentatively declared in the 1st week of April 2019.
- AFCAT 02 2019 results shall be out by the 1st week of October 2019.
- The candidates qualifying in the written examination will be allowed to appear for the SSB Interviews.
- Candidates will be provided nearly 15 days to select a venue for SSB interviews out of 6 AFSB centers.
AFCAT 2018 Cut Off
The cutoff of AFCAT written exam is the minimum marks required to qualify the exam and to become eligible for next round of selection procedure i.e AFSBs. The AFCAT cutoff for the written exam will be declared along with the result. IAF decides AFCAT cutoff 2018 to select deserving candidates for Commission Officers in Indian Air Force. The AFCAT cut off is decided as per the induction requirements, performance of candidates as well as statistics of reporting and success rates at AFSBs. Based on AFCAT cutoff, merit list will be prepared to call candidates for AFSBs test. Candidates can check below for previous year AFCAT cutoff trends
|AFCAT Written Exam||150/300|
If any candidate having query regarding AFCAT 2019, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.