XAT 2020: Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is the university level entrance exam, which is organized by the Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) on the behalf of XAMI. XAT 2020 exam is conducted for the admission in more than 150 B-Schools of the country. The exam is the gateway for admission in management courses. For more than 60 years XLRI is organizing XAT exam at all India level basis.
Candidates can get the complete details about XAT 2020 including Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Admit Card, Pattern, Selection Procedure, Syllabus, Result, Answer Key, Cutoff etc.
XAT 2020 Exam Overview
|1||Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|4||Conducting body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|5||Commonly known as||XAT|
|6||Programmes offered||Human Resource Management (HRM), Business Management Programme (BM), and Global MBA Programme|
|7||Exam duration||3 hours and 30 minutes|
XAT Exam Dates
Check Here Tentative exam schedule for XAT 2020 exam in below table:
|Application date starts||August 2019|
|Application date ends||November 2019|
|Last date for registration (with late fee)||December 2019|
|Editing of completed application details||August – December 2019|
|Online & offline fee payment||August – December 2019|
|Last date for printing your application||December 2019|
|Downloading Admit Card||December 2019|
|Date of Exam||January 2020|
|Candidate’s response sheet release||February 2020|
|Last date to check responses||February 2020|
|Result Declaration||February 2020|
|Score Card Release||February 2020|
XAT 2020 Registration
The necessary information regarding XAT 2020 registration is given below:
- Firstly register online on the XLRI – XAT 2020 Test website (expected to commence from 3rd week of August 2019 onwards)
- Upload your latest scanned color passport size photo at the time of Online XAT Registration 2020.
- Candidate must provide Correct Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email Address as these details cannot be changed once the XAT registration is complete. All above information is required for XAT 2020 Exam Registration.
- XAT 2020 Exam Registration process and application fee payment process for the MBA programmes in XLRI is simplified further. Now the candidates can pay the XAT 2020 Exam Fee and Application Fee for XLRI PGDM 2020-22 Programme through online xat Test website along with the XAT 2020 Registration
- No changes shall be permitted after closing date
- Ensure that the information you have filled is accurate in XAT 2020 Registration and application form.
- XAT 2020 registration form is to remain online only and there is no XAT 2020 offline registration facility
- XAT 2020 exam registration remains open for 100 days. You can register early without paying late fee or can choose to register later by paying XAT Registration Late Fee.
- Candidates interested in XAT but not in XLRI need to pay Rs. 1650/- only.
- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes need to pay an additional fee of Rs.300/- each.
- The late fee will be Rs. 2000/- (for XAT) and Rs. 500 (for XLRI programmes).
- The fee payment can be done through online mode like debit/credit card or net banking.
- For cash payment, candidates have to take a printout of XAT Pay-In-Slip visit the nearest IDBI bank and pay the application fee.
- For payment through DD, make a DD in favor of “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” payable at Jamshedpur from any bank.
XAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Every candidate who is desirous of applying for XAT 2020 exam, must be aware of the eligibility criteria of XAT. Only the candidates who fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria can apply for XAT 2020:
- The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline. However, there is no minimum percentage requirement in graduation for XAT exam.
- The candidates who are in the final year of their graduation are also eligible to apply. However, they must complete their final examination by June, 2020.
- For Indian candidates who wish to study in XLRI, it is mandatory to appear for XAT.
- The international candidates can apply to XLRI through GMAT score. However, the XLRI conducts XAT in Dubai and Kathmandu. The candidates residing in these cities have the option to appear for XAT.
XAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 – For XLRI Programmes
Apart from the XLRI, XAT score card is accepted by several other colleges. These include 11 member institutes and around 150 other XAT participating institutes. The candidates who wish to study in XLRI must select a programme that they want to pursue. However, before they choose a programme, it is important for them to be aware of the eligibility criteria of XLRI programmes.
- Human Resource Management (HRM): To apply for HRM programme, an candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Those who are completing their final examination by June, 2020 can also apply for the XAT 2020.
- Business Management (BM): For BM programme, the eligibility requirements are same. An candidate who is a graduate or is in the final year of graduation and will be completing the final year examination by June, 2020 is eligible to apply.
- General Management Programme: General Management Programme is a 15-month programme designed to expose the practicing managers to latest business practices. To apply for this programme, the candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with at least 5 years of managerial/ supervisory experience.
XAT 2020 Admit Card
- Candidates can download their admit card only via online mode.
- XAT Hall Ticket will be available in the month of December 2019.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to bring their admit card at the examination hall
- Admit card contains several details of candidate and exam venue like personal details, time, exam date, exam centre, and important instructions regarding the exam
Process to download the Admit Card
- Either go to the official website & search the link for downloading the admit card. Or, simply access the link that has been provided on this page.
- Now, the candidates will have to enter XAT 2020 Registration ID and Password.
- Then, click on the ‘Login’ button to submit the entered details.
- When the login will open, the candidates will get a PDF format of the hall ticket.
- Download and take a printout of the displayed XAT admit card.
XAT Exam Pattern
The XAT 2020 Exam Pattern details are mentioned below:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Number of Papers: The XAT exam is divided into two sections i.e. is paper 1 and 2.
- Number of Questions: The paper 1 will consist of 72 questions and paper 2 will consist of 25 questions & one essay topic.
- Duration: It will be conducted from 10:00 AM to 1:35 PM.
|Paper||Section||No. of Questions|
|Paper 1||Decision Making||21|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||24|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||25|
Cities where XAT exam will be held on 7th January 2020 from 10 am to 1.35 pm are as follows:
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Surat, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam
XAT 2020 Syllabus
- Mode of test: XLRI will hold XAT 2020 in online mode.
- Papers in XAT: There are expected to be 2 papers namely Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Exam Duration: Last year the duration of exam was 170 minutes to attempt all questions in paper 1 and 25 minutes for paper 2. Details of exam duration for XAT 2020 will be announced soon.
- Number of questions: Last year in XAT exam there were 100 questions and each question contain a weightage of 1 marks. Distribution of questions is given below. Details of number of questions in XAT 2020 will be announced soon.
|Paper||Name of Section||No. of questions||Duration|
|1||Verbal and Logical Ability||26||2 Hours 50 minutes|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||29|
|2||General Knowledge||25||35 minutes|
|Essay Writing||1 Essay|
XAT 2020 Selection Procedure
XLRI and other participating institutes release their cutoffs to shortlist candidates. Candidates who meet the cutoffs are invited for further rounds that include Written Ability Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. It must be noted that the XAT selection procedure may vary from institute to institute. While some of the institutes conduct Group Discussion, others may include Group Activity to shortlist candidates. If we talk specifically of XLRI, the selection process includes GD and PI rounds. Apart from the XAT 2020 score, candidate’s performance in GD and PI will also be taken into consideration for final selection. Moreover, many of the participating institutes also take into account other important factors to shortlist candidates that include past academic record and work experience. In some of the institutes, work experience can give the candidates an edge over fresh graduates.
XAT Answer Key 2020
The answer key has been released along with candidate’s responses. With the help of XAT answer key, candidates can predict how much marks they can score. Candidates can check the answer key & responses via online mode. The answer key contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the exam.
XAT 2020 Sample Papers
XAT sample papers are released by coaching institutes for candidates to get an idea of the paper pattern. XAT sample papers are available online at Professoridea for Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, General Knowledge as well as Essay. XAT 2020 sample papers include questions that were asked in exams conducted in previous years. Practicing XAT sample papers will help candidates to improve their question-solving skills and speed. Apart from sample papers, aspirants should also attempt XAT mock tests, which help aspirants to get familiar with the test-taking environment.
XAT Result 2020
- XAT 2020 Result will be available in the month of February 2020.
- Candidates can access their result via online mode through the website.
- To check the result, candidates are needed to enter their roll number & other required details.
- After releasing the result, candidates can go for the further process of counselling.
- XAT score card is estimated to be declare in February 2020.
Process to check the XAT 2020 Result:
- Visit the official website of XAT 2020 Or Click on the link given above
- Login with your XAT ID and password
- Enter the Security Code
- Click on ‘Login’ button
- Download and print the XAT 2020 result cum scorecard
Cut-off is maintained on the basis of total candidates appeared in the examination. It is the minimum score which is required to qualify the exam. On the basis of XAT cut-off candidates can get admissions in various institutions. Here we have mentioned the expected XAT Cut-off:
|VA & LA||DM||QA & DI||Total|
XAT Admission 2020
- On the basis of the score of the candidates in the XAT entrance exam, candidates will be invited for XAT counselling procedure 2020
- Counselling will be held through online process.
- During the admission procedure, candidates will have to go through the process of GD (group discussion) & PI (Personal Interviews) rounds.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for admission as per the marks obtained by them in the examination and GD/PI.
C. H. Area (East) Jamshedpur
+91 657 665 3203 /3204/3205
1800 419 2929
Monday to Saturday 08:00am – 08:00pm
If you have any query regarding XAT 2020, you can leave your query in the comment box given below.