NTSE 2018 Eligibility Criteria: Why it is important for the applicants to check the eligibility section before applying for any entrance test. Because, any applicant have applied without being eligible for that particular exam then their candidature/ application may be cancelled at any stage of selection. So, if you are a NTSE applicant then you are required to check the eligibility criteria before you apply for the same.
Below, we are describing eligibility conditions/ norms for appearing in both stages of NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) i.e. NTSE Stage I and Stage II. Please explore this post for complete information.
NTSE 2018 – Notification
- Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) will also be eligible for scholarship, provided the student is below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July of the particular year)
- The student is not employed and she/he is appearing in class X examination for the first time.
NTSE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) examination will be organized in two different stages. Applicants may find related details by going through the information provided below.
Eligibility Criteria for Stage 1
- Applicants, those who belong to India, are only permitted/ acceptable to apply for NTSE 2018.
- Class 10th students can appear in the test but they must have secure minimum 60% of marks in their class 9th.
- Applicants must be studying in a recognized/ well-known school.
- Applicants those who belong to SC/ST/PH category are required to secure minimum 55% of marks in class 9th.
- Applicants those who are registered under ODL (Open Distance Learning) are also eligible to apply for scholarship examination but applicant must be less than 18 years (as on 1st of July, 2017) and is not employed.
Eligibility Criteria for Stage 2
- Applicants, those who have obtain at least 80% of marks or above in the State level exam, can apply for Stage II which will be organized by NCERT.
- Applicants, those who will achieve minimum qualifying marks in stage II, will be eligible for the scholarship.
If applicants are satisfied with their eligibility then they can apply for the Scholarship programme. Once your application gets scrutinized/ analysed by the admission authority then they will be be allowed to appear in the entrance exam.
If any applicant having query regarding NTSE 2018 Eligibility Criteria, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.