NSIT UG 2018 Exam Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Admission Procedure, NSIT UG 2018 Admit Card, Merit List, Counselling
NSIT UG 2018: Admission for NSIT UG Exam will be based on the marks secured in the JEE Main exam (paper 1). This admission process will be managed by the Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology. The Institution imparts various undergraduate & post graduate courses in the field of engineering. The admission into B.Tech course will be done by Joint Admission Counselling (JAC), Delhi. Through this process, applicants will get admission into NSIT, IIITD, DTU and IGDTUW. In this article, we have updated the complete information about NSIT UG 2018.
NSIT Admission Dates
Check below the tentative schedule of NSIT UG exam dates:
|Application Form Availability||2nd week of June 2018|
|Registration-cum-counselling fee submission last date (through e-challan)||4th week of June 2018|
|Registration-cum-counselling fee submission last date (through online mode)||Last week of June 2018|
|Choice Filling Last Date||Last week of June 2018|
|Documents Verification||Last week of June 2018|
|Seat Allotment Result Declaration||1st week of July 2018|
Before going to appear in NSIT UG admission procedure 2018, applicants must be aware with eligibility norms. Below, I’m sharing minimum eligibility norms for appearing in NSIT UG 2018:
- 85% seats are reserved for applicants who have obtained the qualifying degree from Delhi region.
- 15% seats are reserved for applicants who have obtained the qualifying degree from outside Delhi region.
- There is no minimum age bar for UG program.
- Applicants need to pass 10+2 examination with PCM from CBSE, ICSE or any other equivalent educational board.
- If you are from General category then you’ll have to score at least 60% marks in PCM subject.
- Reserved category applicants can get relaxation in the qualifying marks.
NSIT UG Application Form 2018
- The NSIT UG 2018 Application Form will be available in the month of June 2018.
- Applicants will get the application form via online mode only.
- No other mode will be entertained to fill the online application form.
- Applicants can register-cum-counselling till the 3rd week of June, 2018 (e-Challan) or Last week of June 2018 (Online).
- Applicant need to keep the printout of the filled application form further reference.
NSIT UG 2018 Admission Process
The authority will consider JEE Main marks for providing admission to students. To become eligible for the admission procedure, applicants will have to complete the registration formalities and pay counselling fee. The authority will organize counselling in four rounds including:
- Choice filling and locking process which will be conducted in online mode.
- Allotment of seats will be based on JEE Main rank list.
- Obtaining the admission provisional letter from the official website of the authority.
- Document verification and reporting process.
The counselling fee will be Rs. 1200 including extra bank charges. Applicants can make payment through internet banking/credit card/ debit card or through e-Challan of SBI Bank.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Defence Category (CW)||5%|
|Differently Abled Persons (PD)||3%|
|Kashmiri Migrants Seats (KM)||1%|
|Single Girl Child||1%|
NSIT UG Merit List (JEE Main Rank List)
JEE Main rank list will be considered by the University, for admissions in Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech). Applicants will be eligible for the admissions as per the marks secured by them in the JEE Main entrance exam for paper 1.
NSIT Counselling/Admission Process
Admission will be given via the counselling procedure which will be conducted by Joint Admission Counselling (JAC), Delhi. Counselling process will be done via online procedure. Applicants those who paid their counselling-cum-registration fee will be eligible to participate in the counselling procedure. Counselling will be conducted in total four rounds. Detailed counselling procedure is mentioned below:
Online Choice Filling & Locking:
- During registration, applicants have to fill choices of branch & colleges according to their preferences.
- The list of branches & seats availability will be displayed on the website.
- Applicants must fill as much number of choices from the list of choices.
- Applicants have to lock the filled choices.
- After choice lock, applicants will not allow deleting, re-arranging & changing the previous choices.
- In case, applicants forget to lock the choice, the choice filled by the applicants will be locked automatically.
- Keep the print copy of the filled choice for future use.
Allotment of Seats:
- On the basis of the merit list, the seat will be allotted to the applicants.
- The seat allotment result will be published on the website in the 1stweek of July 2018.
- The merit list will be made on the basis of the applicants performance in the JEE Main exam.
Reporting & Verification of Documents:
After the seat allotment, applicants have to pay the admission fee & report to the allotted college for document verification. The fee can be paid through online (credit card/debit card/net banking) or offline (e-Challan) mode. Applicants have to report at the allotted college physically along with all the required documents & allotment letter. Applicant’s documents will be verified by the Institutions. Applicants have to submit their balance fee for seat confirmation.
Online Provisional Admission letter:
After the publication of merit list, applicants have to download the online provisional admission letter through online mode from the website. The allotment letter contains the details of seat allotment, fee payment & many other details. Keep the printout of the allotment letter for further process.
- 10+2 or equivalent exam Mark sheet
- Birth Certificate
- Fee payment receipt (original)
- Online Registration form (NSIT UG 2018)
- Printout of filled choices
- JEE Main Admit Card and Score Card 2018 (Self Attested)
- Seat Allotment Letter
- Three passport sized photograph
- Category certificate (if applicable)
Refund of Fees and Withdrawal of Allotted Seat:
Request for the withdrawal of allotted seat in the given Performa is to be submitted at any of the institute. Applicants are required to surrender the original admission slip issued at the time of admission/counselling to apply for withdrawal of admission. For withdrawal a proper receipt will be issued by the exam conducting authority. No fees will be refunded to the aspirants who withdraw their admission after spot round.
If you have any other query about NSIT UG 2018, you can ask your query in the comment box.