NEET 2018 Result might be declared in 5th June 2018. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) manages NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). It is a national level entrance test conducted for admission into BDS & MBBS courses. These courses offered by several Govt. and non-Govt. colleges of India. Here, we are provide a complete information about NEET 2018 Result, Result Declaration Date, How to get Result etc.
NEET 2018 Result – Declaring on 5th June
NEET 2018 Result will be declared on 5th June 2018. Link will be provided here.
NEET 2018 Result
Applicants can check their NEET results via online mode only. No result/score card will be sent to the applicants via offline mode. Applicants can check their NEET 2018 Result via the official link (given above). The direct link will be provided above on the date of result announcement. For ST/SC applicants, no separate result will be published. Merit list will be made of eligible applicants on the basis of NEET result/marks. Shortlisted applicants will be called further for the NEET 2018 counselling procedure on the basis of merit list.
Minimum NEET cut-off marks to qualify the NEET 2018 examination is 50% (for General category applicants) & 40% of marks (for reserved Category applicant). Applicants can check the NEET answer key before the result announcement. Answer key helps the applicants to estimate the minimum marks/score secured by them in the entrance exam.
NEET Result Declaration Date
The NEET entrance exam will be organized through pen & paper mode. It will be conducted on 6th May 2018. After one month of the entrance test, the result will be declared. The result will be announced on 5th June 2018. The rank letter will be released in the second week of June 2018. The counselling procedure will be started after the result declaration. Here we are giving some important dates of NEET 2018 result:
|NEET exam||6th May 2018|
|Answer key release||2nd week of May 2018|
|Declaration of result||5th June 2018|
|NEET counselling starts||12th June 2018|
How to get the Result
Applicants need to follow the below given steps to get their result:
- Firstly applicants need to open the official website.
- Then click on the link ‘NEET 2018 Result’.
- After that enter your ‘registration number’, ‘date of birth’ & ‘verification code’.
- Then click on the ‘Submit button’.
- Now, Result will be displayed on the screen.
- At last applicants need to take a print copy of the result for further use.
NEET 2018 Score Card Details
The score card of NEET 2018 exam will be valid only for one year (for the session 2018-19). The score card will be available via online mode. Details mentioned in the score card are given below:
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Student’s Roll Number
- Application Number
- Total Marks Obtained
- Marks Secured in Chemistry
- Marks Secured in Biology
- Marks Secured in Physics
- Total Secured Percentile
- NEET Category Rank
- NEET All India Rank
- Exam Qualifying Status (Qualified or Non-qualified)
- Cut-off Score for Counselling under 15% All India Quota
- NEET All India Quota Rank (for 15% All India Quota)
NEET Answer Key
Answer key for NEET 2018 will be announced within a week of NEET. NEET Answer Key will be released via online mode. Applicants may have an opportunity to make online challenge against the NEET 2018 answer key. Applicants need to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer challenged. Fee will be refunded in case of challenge is accepted by the Board.
Qualifying cut off
Candidates must score minimum marks prescribed by CBSE in order to qualify NEET exam. This cut off has been mentioned as the percentile.
- Unreserved category– Minimum of marks at 50th percentile.
- SC/ST/OBC category– Minimum of marks at 40th percentile.
- UR-PH category– Minimum of marks at 45th percentile.
- SC-PH / ST-PH / OBC PH category– Minimum of marks at 40th percentile.
In case you are wondering what this means, worry not, we are explaining more on this here.
CBSE places candidates in NEET Merit List in order of marks. Then the marks corresponding to 50th percentile, 45th percentile, 40th percentile as applicable to that category is seen. That marks which correspond to cut off percentile becomes the NEET Cut off Marks. The exact cut off marks corresponding to above-mentioned percentile will be known only when CBSE draws up the merit list.
You can see the last year’s marks range against percentile cut off from table below.
|Category||Marks range||Qualifying criteria|
|Others||685 – 145||50th Percentile|
|OBC||678 – 118||40th Percentile|
|SC||595 – 118||40th Percentile|
|ST||599 – 118||40th Percentile|
|UR and PH||474 – 131||45th Percentile|
|OBC and PH||510 – 118||40th Percentile|
|SC and PH||415 – 118||40th Percentile|
|ST and PH||339 – 118||40th Percentile|
Marks of NEET Toppers
Last year top 10 rankers of NEET 2017 scored following high marks and percentile.
|Name||Marks||Percentile||All India Rank|
NEET Counselling 2018
Applicants will be able to take part in the NEET counselling procedure for 2018 according to the rank they acquired. Counselling process for All India 15% Quota will be conducted by MCC of DGHS (Directorate General of Health Service) via online mode.
- Counselling process for other than All India 15% Quota will be conducted by the respective authorities.
- During the counselling procedure, all applicants need to pay their counselling fee and choose the preference for colleges. Seats will be given/allotted to applicants on the basis of rank, filled choices, and availability of seats in colleges.
- After seat allocation, applicants will needed to appear at the allocated/assigned college to complete admission procedures.
If any applicant having query regarding to the NEET 2018 Result, then you can drop your comments below.