NEET 2018 Rank Predictor is a tool that helps the applicants to estimate their possible rank. NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) is regulated by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). It is a national level medical entrance exam organizes for providing admission into BDS/MBBS courses. In this article, we provide a complete information about NEET 2018 Rank Predictor.

NEET 2018 Rank Predictor

Rank Predictor helps applicants to know their marks/rank in advance before the result declaration of NEET 2018. Applicants can check their marks/rank with the help of the NEET 2018 answer key. Answer key will be published in the 2nd week of May 2018. With the help of rank predictor, applicants can find whether they qualify the NEET entrance exam or not and eligible to appear the NEET counselling of 15% all India quota or not. This is not the final rank, the official rank will be published by the exam authority.

NEET 2018 Qualifying Marks

Qualifying marks are the marks that applicants have to secure in the entrance exam to qualify the NEET 2018. Here, we provide Qualifying marks (Tentative) for different categories are stated below:

You can see the last year’s marks range against percentile cut off from table below.
CategoryMarks rangeQualifying criteria
Others685 – 14550th Percentile
OBC678 – 11840th Percentile
SC595 – 11840th Percentile
ST599 – 11840th Percentile
UR and PH474 – 13145th Percentile
OBC and PH510 – 11840th Percentile
SC and PH415 – 11840th Percentile
ST and PH339 – 11840th Percentile

How to Predict Your Rank

Here, we have updated the expected rank as per marks scored:

Marks ScoredNEET Rank (Expected)
 < 365 >25000
379 – 36022501 – 25000
399 – 38020001 – 22500
419 – 40018001 – 20000
439 – 42016001 – 18000
459 – 44014001 – 16000
479 – 46012001 – 14000
499 – 48010501 – 12000
504 – 50010001 – 10500
509 – 5059501 – 10000
519 – 5109001 – 9500
524 – 5208501 – 9000
529 – 5258001 – 8500
534 – 5307501 – 8000
539 – 5357001 – 7500
549 – 5406501 – 7000
554 – 5506001 – 6500
559 – 5555501 – 6000
564 – 5605001 – 5500
569 – 5654501 – 5000
579 – 5704001 – 4500
584 – 5803501 – 4000
589 – 5853001 – 3500
594 – 5902501 – 3000
599 – 5952001 – 2500
609 – 6001501 – 2000
614 – 6101001 – 1500
619 – 615901 – 1000
629 – 620801 – 900
634 – 630701 – 800
639 – 635601 – 700
649 – 640501 – 600
654 – 650401 – 500
664 – 655301 – 400
669 – 665201 – 300
674 – 670101 – 200
> 6751 – 100

NEET 2018 Rank Predictor

In order to predict rank, you first need to know expected marks. To estimate marks, check answer key of NEET 2018.

Know expected marks

  • Check answer keys from above link.
  • Calculate marks by score formula. Marks = Number of correct answers x 4 – Number of incorrect answers x 1.

Know expected rank

You will know actual rank as soon as CBSE announces NEET 2018 Result.

Qualifying cut off

Candidates must score minimum marks prescribed by CBSE in order to qualify NEET exam. This cut off has been mentioned as the percentile.

  • Unreserved category – Minimum of marks at 50th percentile.
  • SC/ST/OBC category – Minimum of marks at 40th percentile.
  • UR-PH category – Minimum of marks at 45th percentile.
  • SC-PH / ST-PH / OBC PH category – Minimum of marks at 40th percentile.

In case you are wondering what this means, worry not, we are explaining more on this here.

CBSE places candidates in NEET Merit List in order of marks. Then the marks corresponding to 50th percentile, 45th percentile, 40th percentile as applicable to that category is seen. That marks which correspond to cut off percentile becomes the NEET Cut Off Marks. The exact cut off marks corresponding to above-mentioned percentile will be known only when CBSE draws up the merit list.

Marks of NEET Toppers

Last year top 10 rankers of NEET 2017 scored following high marks and percentile.

NameMarksPercentileAll India Rank
Het Shah68599.9998631
Ekansh Goyal68299.9997262
Nikhil Bajiya67899.9995903
Ashank Khaitan67799.9995434
Arushi67699.9993165
Dyuti Shah67599.9991796
Japnoor Kaur67299.9990437
Dhritiman Chatterjee67199.9989068
Amit Kumar66999.9987699
Utkarsh Anand66899.99863210

Process of arriving at NEET 2018 Marks vs Rank

NEET Rank Predictor 2018 has been created with the help of last year’s NEET marks vs rank data.

CBSE publishes marks, NEET All India Rank, category rank, and state rank in NEET Results. Candidates who had appeared in NEET 2016 got to know their rank and marks as soon as result was announced.

Education experts have compiled Rank Predictor for NEET 2018 using available data for marks scored in National Eligibility Entrance Test and corresponding All India Rank.

Actual NEET All India Rank (AIR) vs Predicted NEET Rank

  • NEET Rank Predictor 2018 is based on past year’s NEET Ranks.
  • Last year 8,02,594 candidates had applied for NEET, out of which 7,31,223 had appeared. 4,09,477 had qualified.
  • 11,35,104 Number of candidates registered for NEET in 2018 which is 41.4% more number of candidates than last year.
  • This fact that a comparatively larger number of candidates have appeared in NEET this year will impact gap between actual NEET AIR and rank predicted by NEET Rank Predictor.
  • Chances of ranks being + or – in thousands is there, in those marks range from more candidates. In other words, chances of variation in top 1000 ranks would be less. The probability of rank being different from predicted rank will increase as marks decrease.

For further query related to the NEET 2018 Rank Predictor, applicants can leave comments in the comment box.

5 COMMENTS

    • Candidates belong to SC Category With this score they have decent chance to get admission for 85% quota Seats in their state level gov. Colleges. But there is average chance for 15% quota seats.
      But If you are a general category candidate then with the score of 420 their is less chance to get a seat in government medical college via 15% AIQ this year.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here