GATE 2018 Registration: Eligibility, Dates, How to Register
Registration for GATE 2018 will be commenced in the month of September, 2017. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is organized by IITs & IISc on rotation basis. This exam is a gateway to for the applicants to get admission in PG engineering & PhD programme. On the basis of GATE marks/score, applicants can get the admission in several govt. and private engineering institutes of the country. Here, we provide all information related to GATE 2018 registration including Eligibility criteria, Application dates and how to fill the application form.
GATE 2018 Registration
Registration for GATE 2018 can be done only via online mode. Applicants can register themselves after reading all the information brochure/booklet carefully.
- Applicants can apply for GATE 2018 exam only via online mode.
- Application form for GATE 2017 will be filled via GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Online application procedure will be start from September, 2017.
- Last date for submission of application will be the 1st week October, 2017.
- Applicants must enter their educational and personal details correctly.
- Scanned copies of photograph, left thumb impression and signature must be uploaded in required format.
- All applicants are recommended to keep safe their GOAPS Enrollment ID and Password for future reference.
Application fee is vary as per Gender and category. Female applicants and the applicants belong to SC/ST/PwD category need to pay Rs. 750/- as an application fee. Whereas all other category applicants, need to pay Rs. 1500/- as an application fee. All International applicants need to pay US $50 for the same. Application fee can be made via debit card, net banking, and e-challan.
Here we provide all the eligibility norms/criteria for GATE 2018 in the below given table:
|Qualification Required||Description of qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||· 4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology).|
· Final year applicants may also apply.
|Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA or|
|Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated|
B. S./M. S. program
|Pursuing final year examination or completed|
|4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
All International applicants are also eligible to apply. International applicants must have a valid passport.
GATE Registration Dates 2018
The tentative registration dates for GATE 2018 is given below. After the declaration of official dates, we will update it here in this section.
|Online registration commence from||First week of September 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form||First week of October 2017|
|Correction in application form||Second week of October 2017|
|Last date to change examination city||Third week of October 2017|
|GATE 2018 exam date||February 2018|
How to Apply
- Applicants have to register themselves as a ‘New User’ on the official website.
- At the time of registration, applicants will be asked to enter a valid email address, a valid mobile number and GOAPS password.
- Applicants need to upload the scanned images of photograph, left thumb impression, signature, and degree certificate/document and category certificate.
- Till applicants not pay their application fee their registration will not be considered complete.
- Applicants need to recheck their application form before pressing the Submit and Confirm button.
- Once the applicant submitted their application, then no correction will be available further (i.e. all applicants need to correct their mistakes before submitting the application form). However, using correction window applicants can make correction only in some fields which will be permitted.
If any applicant having query related to GATE 2018 Registration, then leave your query below in the comment box.