BCECE 2018 Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
BCECE (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination) 2018 is one of the most popular state level exam conducted by the BCECEB also known as Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. This entrance exam is organized in 2 stages, namely Stage 1 and Stage 2. Aspirants need to be cleared the stage 1 exam to take part in in stage 2 exam and to pass in both exam is necessary to appear in the admission procedure. BCECE Application Form is available from 3rd week of February 2018. Through this exam, aspirants may get the admission to the first year Under Graduate courses in the field of engineering, pharmacy, and agriculture offered by the universities/colleges located in Bihar state. In this article we provide complete details about BCECE 2018 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, Counselling etc.
BCECE 2018 Application form
|Examination Name||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE)|
|Conducting authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|Examination Type||State level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed 10+2 with PCB or PCM|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration||2 hours 15 minutes|
BCECE 2018 Exam Dates
Aspirants can check all the officially announced dates for BCECE 2018 Application Form in the below given table:
|Events of BCECE 2018||Dates|
|Online Application commenced from||2nd week of February 2018|
|last date for Online Application||1st week of March 2018|
|Last date of payment via Challan||2nd week of March 2018|
|Last date of payment||2nd week of March 2018|
|Online Editing/correction of Application form commenced from||2nd week of March 2018|
|Online submitted application form printout (Part A & Part B) along with paid Bank Challan receipt & attachments must be reached by||4th week of March 2018|
|Admit card available from||4th week of March 2018|
|Exam Date (Stage I)||3rd week of April 2018|
|Exam Date (Stage II)||3rd week of May 2018|
BCECE 2018 Application Form
Application form for BCECE 2018 will be available from the 3rd week of February 2018. Application form will be available via online mode and can be filled through the official website only. There will be 2 parts in application form i.e. Part A and Part B. Aspirants have to fill part A and then proceed to fill their application form. After all aspirants made their application fee, then only they will be able to fill their part-B of the application form. After when aspirants done with both parts, then need to send the hard-copy (printout) of online submitted application form (i.e. of Part A & Part B) along with paid Bank Challan receipt & attachments on the below given address:
“Controller of Examination, B.C.E.C.E. Board
I.A.S. Association Building,
Near Patna Airport,
Post Office-B.V.College, Patna – 800014”
Documents needed to send along with application:
- 10th & 12th mark sheet
- 10th & 12th passing certificate
- Character certificate
- Category Certificate
Aspirants those who belong to general & OBC category need to pay Rs. 1000/- as an application fee whereas aspirants belong to SC/ST category need to pay Rs. 500/- for the same. Aspirants want to appear in all subjects i.e. PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology) are required to pay Rs 1100/- (for General category aspirants) against the application form. Whereas aspirants belong to SC/ST category, need to pay Rs. 550/- for the same. Aspirants can make their payment through debit card/ credit card/net banking or bank challan.
BCECE 2018 Application form Correction Details:
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) provides the single time opportunity to the aspirants to rectify their mistakes in the application form. Aspirants can rectify their wrong entries in the specified period only. Online editing related courses group and category cannot be considered. Correction window will be commenced from 2nd week of March 2018.
BCECE Eligibility 2018
Here we provide all eligibility norms/criteria for BCECE 2018 in the below given table:
- Firstly aspirant must be a citizen of India and must be a permanent local/resident of Bihar state.
- Aspirants must have reached the age of 17 years as on or before 1st of July 2018. This age criteria is for agriculture courses only.
- There is No minimum age limit for the aspirants applying for engineering courses.
- Aspirants those who want to apply for BCECE 2018 must complete their 10+2 exam or alike exam from a well-known University by securing minimum 45% marks (for General category aspirants) and aspirants belong to SC/ST category need to secure 40% marks for same in the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants must qualify the 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: The mandatory subjects are Physics and Mathematics along with one of the Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology and technical vocational subject.
- Minimum Marks: Applicant need to secure minimum 45% marks (for non-reserved category applicant) and 40% (for reserved categories) in order to get eligible for the examination.
- Qualifying Exam: The minimum qualification is 12th or equivalent from the recognized board.
- Subjects: The mandatory subjects are Physics & Chemistry with one optional subject among Biology, Mathematics, or technical vocational subject.
- Minimum Marks: It is necessary for the applicant to secure minimum 45% marks (for non-reserved category applicant) in qualifying exam and 40% (for reserved categories) in order to get eligible.
- Appearing Applicants: Final year Applicants can also apply only in one condition that they should passed their qualifying exam at the time of counselling procedure.
BCECE Exam Pattern
- Stages: BCECE 2018 is organized in 2 stage exam (i.e. Stage I & Stage II).
- Language: Hindi & English language.
- Subjects: Physics and Chemistry are the compulsory SUBJECTS while there is a choice between Mathematics AND Biology.
- Duration: 2:15 minutes (for stage 1) and 1 hour 30 minutes (for stage 2).
- Type of Question: multiple choice question (MCQ’s).
- Marking Scheme: On every right answer aspirants will be rewarded with 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: On each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted, for the same.
Examination pattern for bcece 2018 both exam stages are given below:
BCECE Stage I
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum marks|
BCECE Stage II
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum marks|
Both question paper of BCECE i.e. stage 1 and stage 2 will be created from the subjects like PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects). BCECE 2018 syllabus contains the questions from the syllabus of Intermediate (12th/equivalent/ I.Sc). To get good marks in the exam, all aspirants are required to prepare according to syllabus.
How to Prepare for BCECE
- Applicants need to increase their speed of solving questions by practice several papers, test series, etc. and they also need to study their subjects on a daily basis.
- Applicants also need to improve their concepts. If any applicant find complex question, then he/she can solve it only if they know the basic concept behind it.
- Follow the good/effective study materials.
- Applicants need to make a timetable and go for smart study, schedule your strategies and take guidance from senior’s, experts etc.
- Don’t get stressed/ tense at the time of examination.
BCECE Admit Card 2018
Admit card for BCECE 2018 will be available from 4th week of March 2018. Admit card will be published on official website only. BCECE admit card 2018 contain the details like Exam Dates, time and venue.
How to download admit card
The candidates must follow these Steps to Download BCECE 2017 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of the BCECEB.
- Enter the Registration Number, Date of Birth and the Security Pin in the fields given.
- Verify the details and click on Submit button.
Download and Print multiple copies of the BCECE Admit Card.
|Category||Seat reserved (in %)|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||3%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Extremely Backward Class (OBC)||18%|
BCECE Result 2018
Result for BCECE 2018 will be published on the official website of BCECE. It is estimated that the result for BCECE 2018 stage I will be published in the 1st week of May and result for BCECE 2018 stage II will be published in the 1st week of June, 2018.
BCECE 2018 Counselling
On the basis of the rank acquired in merit list, all the eligible applicants will be invited for the interview round. The complete detail regarding counselling date, timing and the exam venue will be intimated by the post or on the website. The applicants will be provided with the opportunity to choose the course and institution according to their preferences. According to the seat availability in various colleges in the Bihar state, the seat will be allotted to the applicants.
BCECE 2018 Application form Important Points
- It states level entrance examination which is conducted by the BCECEB (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board).
- Applicants can get the admission in Engineering, Pharmacy & Agriculture courses through this exam.
- Applicants can access the online application form first week of February.
- The application fee will not be given back under any circumstances.
- Applicants have to send the hard copy of filled-in application form with paid Challan to the committee address.
- The application fee can be paid through net banking/credit card/debit card and can be submitted through the bank Challan in any branch of SBI.
- There is no age limit for both engineering & pharmacy courses.
- There is -1 mark for each incorrect option.
- The questions will be asked from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
- The exam will be conducted in two stages. The complete exam pattern can be checked in above section of “BCECE Exam pattern”.
If any aspirant having query related to BCECE 2018 Application Form, then feel free to leave your comments in the comment box.