AP PGECET 2018 is a state level entrance test of A.P. (Andhra Pradesh) state which is conducted to provide admission to the candidates seeking for M.Tech, M.Pharma (regular courses) in the field of Technology, Engineering, and Pharmacy. It is organized by the JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University), Kakinada on behalf of APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education). Candidates those who qualify GPAT & GATE exam are exempted to avail this test for admission as they can get admission on the basis of their rank. Candidates can check the complete details about AP PGECET 2018 application form, exam dates and notification for the year 2018.
AP PGECET 2018 Exam Dates
Get the tentative dates of AP PGECET 2018 given below:
|Notification available from||March 2018|
|Online Application Availability Date||March 2018|
|Last Date for form Submission (Without Late Fee)||April 2018|
|Last Date for form Submission (With Late Fee of Rs. 500/-)||April 2018|
|Last Date for form Submission (With Late Fee of Rs. 2000/-)||April 2018|
|Last Date for form Submission (With Late Fee of Rs. 5000/-)||April 2018|
|Last Date for form Submission (With Late Fee of Rs. 10000/-)||April 2018|
|Admit Card available from||April 2018|
|Examination Date||May, 2018|
|Result Declare in||June 2018|
AP PGECET Application Form 2018
- Application form for AP PGECET has been available only through online mode from 1st week of March, 2018.
- Candidates have to fill their application form before 1st week of April, 2018(without late fee).
- After the last date of filling the application form, all candidates need to pay late fee as mention above.
- Candidates can also check their application form is submitted successfully or not.
- On successful submission, of application form then candidates get notified through SMS/E-mail.
- In case any candidate wants to appear in more than 1 test, then they need to pay separate registration fee for each test.
Note: candidates those who qualify GATE/GPAT exam. Then there is no need to appear for AP PGECET 2018 as they are admitted to the universities/colleges on the basis of their marks/rank in GATE/GPAT. Such aspirants are required to register separately for admission process.
The candidates can submit their application fee through credit card/debit card or through Andhra Pradesh online centres. Application fee is required to be paid by the candidates against the application form are as follows:
- For GEN/OBC category candidates – Rs. 800/-
- For SC/ST category candidates- Rs. 400/-
Late fee is Rs. 500/-, Rs. 2000/-, Rs. 5000/- and Rs. 10000/- as per the dates of filling the late application form.
Eligibility Criteria for AP PGECET 2018
It is compulsory for all the aspirants to meet the minimum eligibility conditions as prescribed by the board/authority. AP PGECET 2018 eligibility conditions are mentioned below:
- Candidate must an Indian citizen.
- Candidates must have a domicile certificate of A.P.
- Candidates must satisfy the non local/local status requirements.
- The candidate must completed their qualifying examination as Tech/B.E.from the well-known University by securing minimum 50% of marks (45% of marks for SC/ST category candidates).
- The candidate must completed their qualifying examination as B.Pharma from the well-known University by securing minimum 55% of marks (50% of marks for SC/ST category candidates).
AP PGECET Exam Pattern
Check the AP PGECET exam pattern 2018 given below:
- Duration: 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Question Type: MCQ’s (multiple choice questions).
- Mode & Marks: Offline mode (i.e. using pen and paper)
- Total Marks: paper contain a weightage of 120 marks.
- Question paper Language: English only.
- Marking Scheme: on each and every right answer candidate will be rewarded with 1
|AP PGECET 2018 Exam Pattern|
|Examination Type||Offline mode (i.e. Pen & Paper Based)|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours (120 minutes)|
|Total questions||120 MCQ’s|
|Question Type||MCQ’s (Multiple Choice questions)|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|Medium of Question Paper||Only English language|
AP PGECET 2018 will be organized in the following disciplines:
|AP PGECET 2018 Test Paper||Paper Code|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics||GG|
AP PGECET 2018 Exam Centres:
This examination will be held in several cities of Andhra Pradesh include Tirupathi, Kakinada, Guntur, Visakhapatnam, Anantapuram. Candidates will get more details about the exam venue in the admit card.
AP PGECET 2018 Syllabus
This exam is held for several specializations of engineering & pharmacy. Thus, syllabus is separate for all these papers. Candidates should follow the syllabus for which they will be appeared for exam.
AP PGECET 2018 Admit Card
Admit card contain Roll No. and the name of the centre which will be available from the official website of the authority. The candidates have to enter their registration number and select the exam while downloading their admit card. AP PGECET 2018 admit card will be available from last week of April 2018.
AP PGECET 2018 Result
Candidates are required to enter their login IDs for checking their AP PGECET 2018 result. The result contains the total marks/ rank of the candidate. The result will be declared online through the official website in the month of June, 2018 tentatively. AP PGECET Rank card 2018 will be available for downloading after some days of the result declaration.
AP PGECET 2018 Cut-off
To qualify the AP PGECET 2018, the candidates have to secure minimum 25% of marks of the total marks. Candidates those who obtain the marks more than the AP PGECET cut-off marks then he/she will be eligible to take the admission in M.Tech course offered by the Universities/colleges of Andhra Pradesh. No minimum cut off is given for SC/ST. The rank card will be available only for the qualified candidates.
How to Prepare
Candidates may follow these preparation tips to score better marks in this examination:
- Plan a proper routine.
- Understand the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the examination.
- Don’t miss the important topics.
- Practice previous years question papers.
- In the examination, try to attempt as many questions as possible since there is no negative marking.
- Stay fit & healthy.
AP PGECET 2018 Counselling
Candidates those who qualify the examination have to attend the AP PGECET 2018 counselling for document verification & seat allotment. To appear in the counselling, candidates need to pay the counselling fee of Rs 600/- (Rs 300 for ST /SC/PH). After the payment of counselling fees, serial number and password will be given to the candidates through which candidates are able to mark the choices for universities/colleges.
If any candidate having any query related to AP PGECET 2018 application form, then feel free to leave your comments below.