WBJEE 2018: Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Counselling
WBJEE 2018: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is an entrance examination that gets organized in order to give/provide the admission in UG engineering and technology courses by the recognized education board – WBJEEB (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board). By qualifying this entrance exam, aspirants can get direct admission in various private and government universities/institutions within the state. In this article we provide all information related to WBJEE 2018: Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Counselling, etc.
A Quick Overview of WBJEE 2018
WBJEE 2018 – Notification
WBJEE 2018 is going to be held on 22nd April 2018, application form would be available from the first week of January 2018. – Official Says
Here applicants can check exam schedule for WBJEE 2018 below:
|WBJEE 2018 online registration will be started from||1st week of January 2018|
|The online registration will be finished||1st week of February 2018|
|You can pay the fee till||1st week of February 2018|
|Correction Window will be opened from||2nd week of February 2018|
|Admit card will be uploaded on||2nd week of April 2018|
|Examination Date (Mathematics)||3rd week of April 2018|
|Examination Date (Physics & Chemistry)||3rd week of April 2018|
|Results will be out||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling will start from||First week of July 2018|
- Aspirants must be the citizen of India.
- Aspirants should have the domicile of West Bengal for Medical courses.
- Those aspirants are not domicile of West Bengal, They can appear for engineering courses.
- Aspirants must complete 17 years of age as on 31st December 2018.
- If any aspirant want to apply for mining engineeringthen they must be below 25 years of age.
- For Engineering & Technology:Aspirants must have passed Intermediate (Class 10+2) or alike examination with pass individually in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics from any recognized board.
- For Architecture Courses:Aspirants must have passed Intermediate (Class 10+2) or alike examination with pass individually in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics and English from any recognized board.
- For Marine Engineering Courses: Aspirants must scored minimum 60% marks in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 class or alike examination. Also must have scored minimum 50% marks in English in either 10th class or 10+2 class.
Eligibility For Engineering/Technology Courses in Jadavpur University & Calcutta University:
- Aspirants must have passed 10+2 class or alike examination.
- Aspirants must have scored minimum 60% marks (55% marks for ST/SC/PwD aspirants in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics).
- All aspirants must have scored at least 30% marks in English in 10+2 class or alike examination.
Applicants can get the application form through online website which will be available after WBJEE 2018 official notification released. From the official portal, all applicants will be able to download the online application form. Fill all the details correctly and then upload all the required documents correctly. After that you will be asked to complete the payment process through online payment mode (i.e. credit card and debit card) or offline payment mode (i.e. else e-challan). Talking about the application fee then for engineering, technology and architecture, applicants need to pay Rs. 500 and for engineering, architecture, medical and dental, pharmacy, applicants need to pay Rs. 600. After payment made then applicants are requested to take a print out of confirmation/verification page as it may be required in future. The copy of confirmation page along with all essential documents, you will have to forward it to the below given address-
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board,
Salt Lake City,
Kolkata – 700 091 (WB).
- WBJEE 2018 Application fee can be paid via offline and online mode.
- Aspirants can pay WBJEE application fee through Credit/Debit Cardor via the challan of Allahabad Bank.
- Type-E:Rs 500 + Bank’s service Charge.
- Type-C:Rs 600 + Bank’s service Charge
How to apply for WBJEE 2018
Below, aspirants can check the step by instructions for WBJEE Application form submission. The given details are important in terms of the successful application for WBJEE 2018.
Process for Filling up the Application Form
- Candidates are permitted to apply for WBJEE in online mode only;
- Please ensure that you are filling the right application through the official website of WBJEEB;
- You should have your working phone number and email ID before you apply for the entrance exam;
- You should read the guidelines before you apply for the entrance test;
- Once you enter the registration details such as your name, father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth, it won’t be changed further;
- Do not submit the duplicate application;
- In case you receive the mail/sms regarding discrepancy in the application, then you need to make the necessary correction immediately;
- You should not wait till the last date for the payment of fee in order to avoid the payment failure;
Uploading of Images
Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of recently taken colour photograph, signature and left thumb impression. The size of the images should be as follows:
|Images Need to be uploaded||Image Format||Storage Size||Dimension|
|Signature||JPEG||3 kb to 30 kb||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|Photograph||JPEG||10 kb to 100 kb||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Left hand thumb impression (LTI)||JPEG||3 kb to 30 kb||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Necessary Features of the Photograph
- The photograph needs to be taken on or after 1st December 2017;
- Low quality photograph taken through mobile device won’t be accepted. Therefore, candidates are instructed to obtain quality photograph from a professional studio;
- Background of the photograph should be of very light colour;
- Candidate’s face must occupy minimum 50% of the total space for photograph looking straight to the camera.
- Spectacles of dark or tinted glasses won’t be allowed;
Payment of the Exam Fee
After uploading the images candidates will be redirected automatically to the fee payment page. The authority has specified the application fee as Rs.500/- and it can be paid by using the net banking/credit card/debit card/Allahabad bank e-challan. The fee, once paid, won’t be refunded back under any circumstances.
Obtain the Confirmation Page
Upon successful completion of all above-said steps candidates will be redirected automatically for downloading the confirmation page. Please obtain the printout of the confirmation page for future reference. Please keep in mind that your application would be incomplete till the confirmation page is not generated.
Make Correction in the Application Form
- Candidates are not allowed to make correction in registration data such as their name, mother’s name, father’s name and date of birth;
- Other information can be corrected during correction window period by using the edit mode;
WBJEE 2018 Exam Pattern
- All Questions based on Class 11th and 12th class.
- Question paper will be MCQ’s type question.
- Examination will have2 papers: Paper I and Paper II.
- Paper I– Questions will be mainly asked fromMathematics.
- Paper II– Questions will be mainly asked fromPhysics and Chemistry.
- In both the paper questions will be divided into 3 categories: Category 1, Category 2 and Category 3.
|Subject||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||No. Of Questions||Total Marks|
For Cat 1– on each and every right answer applicants will be rewarded with 1 mark and ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong answer as a negative marking.
For Cat 2- on each and every right answer applicants will be rewarded with 2 marks and ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer as a negative marking.
For Cat 3- For 2 right answers, two marks will be rewarded to applicants. Suppose a question has 2 answers and an aspirants attempt 1 right and 1 wrong, then no marks will be given. Formula= 2 * (Number of correct response/ total number of correct options).
WBJEE 2018 Admit Card
WBJEE 2018 Admit card will be published on the official website, admit card will be published most probably in 1st week of April 2018. The appearing aspirants can download their admit cards to write the exam. The aspirants needed to carry their admit cards in the examination centres, applicants those who don’t take admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
WBJEE 2018 Answer key
The WBJEE answer key will be published only after the successful completion of WBJEE 2018. Candidates who are going to appear in the exam can check the answer key through visiting the official website of conducting body.
WBJEE 2018 Result
The WBJEE Result 2018 will be announced tentatively in the month June 2018. Candidates who successfully appeared in the entrance exam can check the WBJEE result by going through the official portal of authority. Applicants are recommended to download the result and take the printouts of the same as it will be required to show at the time of admission.
WBJEE 2018 Merit list
After the announcement of the result, the authority will publish a WBJEE merit list for the candidates who qualify the exam. According to the merit list, candidates will be invited for the counselling procedure. Aspirants can check and download the WBJEE merit list online from the official website. There will be two separate merit lists published.
Merit Rank List- I (GMR)
The merit list would be applicable for admission into all Degree Level Engineering / Technology / Architecture Courses available in the colleges of West Bengal state;
Merit Rank List- II (PMR)
The merit rank list II would be applicable for admission into Degree Level Pharmacy Courses in the pharmacy colleges of the state excluding Jadavpur University.
WBJEE 2018 Counselling
Counselling procedure for WBJEE 2018 starts after the examination results have been declared. The successful aspirants who have scored qualifying scores will be called to take part in the counselling procedure.
WBJEE Syllabus 2018
WBJEE includes questions from Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry. Candidates are instructed to make themselves comfortable in class XI and XII syllabus as questions will be included accordingly. Somes of the known topics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are provided below:
Questions are to be asked from Solid state Electronics; Atomic Physics; Electromagnetic waves; Nuclear Physics; Magnetic effect of current; Current Electricity; Electrostatics; Oscillations & Waves; Kinetic theory of gases; Work, power, energy; Viscosity Thermodynamics; Gravitation; Magnetics; Laws of motion; Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions; Kinematics
Principles of Qualitative Analysis; Aromatic Compounds; Introduction to Bio-Molecules; Application Oriented chemistry; Carboxylic Acids; Aldehydes and Ketones; Ethers; Chemistry of Carbon Compounds; Alcohols; Haloalkanes and Haloarenes; Aliphatic Compounds; Aliphatic Amines; Environmental Chemistry; Chemistry in Industry; Surface Chemistry; Polymers; Chemistry of Metals; Ionic and Redox Equilibria; Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds; Hydrogen; Physical Chemistry of Solutions; Liquid State; Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics; Gaseous State; Solid State; Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure; Coordination Compounds; The Periodic Table and Chemical Families; Atomic Structure; Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry; Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
Questions are to be asked from Algebra, Trigonometry; Coordinate geometry of two dimensions; Coordinate geometry of three dimensions; Calculus;
WBJEE 2018 Important Points
If any applicant having query regarding WBJEE 2018, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.