VITMEE 2017: Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
VITMEE (VIT University Master’s Entrance Examination) is organized by the VIT University every year in the month of June, tentatively. This examination acts as a gateway for admission to the postgraduate programmes like MCA & M.Tech offered by the Vellore and Chennai campus of the University. The applicants who are qualify GATE exam and looking for the admission in VIT University campuses are needed to appear the VITMEE 2017 examination. The entry will be provided/offered on the basis of marks secured by the applicant in the entrance test. In this article we provide all information related to VITMEE 2017: Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Result, Counselling, etc.
VITMEE 2017 Notification – MBA Application Started
VIT University has announced the MBA application form for admission to the session 2017-18. The application has been accessible from 4th of December 2016 to 15th of March 2017. Click here for Online application form for MBA Degree Programme.
VITMEE Exam Dates
Applicants may check the VITMEE exam dates from the below table, applicants must note that the dates are tentative and will be updated as soon as any official notification will be available. The VIT University MBA entrance exam will be held on 25th of March 2017.
|Application Form starts from||1st week of March 2017|
|Application Form Last Date||3rd week of May 2017|
|Slot Booking and Admit Card||1st week of May 2017|
|VITMEE 2017 Exam held on||1st week of June 2017|
|Result Announced on||2nd week of June 2017|
VITMEE 2017 Application Form
- Application formfor VITMEE 2017 will be available via online only on the official website of VIT University.
- Application from will be starts from the 1st week of March 2017, tentatively.
- Applicants need to pay Rs 950/- as an application fee.
- Application fee can be paid via online mode (i.e. credit card/debit card/net banking) or via offline mode (i.e. demand draft).
- Some M.Tech seats are reserved by the University for the applicants sponsored by Research Industries/Organizations.
Note: If applicants pay their application fee via demand draft then such applicants are required to send duly filled application form to the University containing address, application no, Name, Address and Mobile Number on the back side of Demand Draft. DD must be drawn in favor of “VIT University”, payable/owed at Vellore.
List of M.Tech courses offered at VIT Vellore campus are as follows:
Software Technology/Structural Engineering/Engineering/Biotechnology/Communication Engineering/ Automotive Electronics/Automotive Engineering/Biomedical/ Computers and Communication/Engineering Control and Automation/Embedded Systems/Energy and Environmental Engineering/Information Technology [Networking]/Mechatronics/Manufacturing Engineering/Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided/ Manufacturing/Computer Science and Power Electronics and Drives/Sensor System Technology/ VLSI Design (Very Large Scale Integrated Circuits Design)
List of M.Tech courses offered at VIT Chennai campus are as follows:
Computer Aided Design / Structural Engineering/Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering with Specialization in Big Data Analytics/ Computer Aided Manufacturing/Computer Science Engineering with Specialization in Cloud Computing/Embedded Systems/Mechatronics/ Communication Engineering/Power Electronics and Drives/ VLSI Design (Very Large Scale Integrated Circuits Design)
The eligibility criteria for VITMEE 2017 in terms of qualifying examination and nationality is given below:
Applicant must be an Indian citizen and must have qualified bachelor’s degree from the institute of India.
- Applicant must completed full-time UG degree (B.E./B.Tech) in the applicable/relevant discipline from the well-known University with 50% of marks for M.tech.
- Applicants those who are in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for this exam but they have to produce their final/provisional degree certificate before 15th of August, 2017.
- Minimum 60% of marks are required in the qualifying exam to get eligible for MCA course offered by VIT University.
VITMEE Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: CBT (Computer based test) mode.
- Duration: 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Marks: Question paper will comprises of 110 questions which contain a weightage of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking is applicable for this exam so all applicants are advised to attempt all the questions.
VITMEE Examination Centres
VITMEE 2017 examination will be held in the following given exam centres:
Madurai, Bangalore, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Bhopal, Chennai, Pune, Vellore, and Vijayawada.
Examination centre may be changed in future as per the direction/administration of VIT University.
VITMEE 2017 Admit Card
Admit cards will published on the official website of VIT University. Applicants those who have successfully submitted their application form can download their admit card for VITMEE 2017 on the same day when booking the examination slot. The admit card comprises the details about the exam time, date, and venue.
VITMEE 2017 Result
The result will be published on the official website of VIT University. All applicants can check the result for VITMEE 2017 in the 2nd week of June 2017, tentatively. After the declaration of VITMEE 2017 result, the counselling process will be arranged for the qualified applicants.
Those applicants who qualify the VITMEE 2017 entrance exam will be called for the interview. Counselling for VITMEE 2017 will be conducted at VIT Vellore and Chennai campuses. The selected applicants are needed to pay the counselling fee of Rs 10,000/- via Demand Draft which would be drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable/owed at Vellore. Counselling fee will be adjusted further in the tuition fees.
List of Documents that are required at the time of Interview:
For the purpose of verification, the shortlisted applicants have to produce their original and one set of photocopies of the following documents:
- Valid GATE score card for M.Tech applicants (if applicable)
- Original Degree/Provisional Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Community Certificate in case of reserved category
- 10th and 12th class Mark sheet
- All Years Mark Sheet of Bachelor’s degree
- Service Certificate issued by the Employer (for sponsored applicants)
Seats are allotted to the applicants on the basis of marks grab and performance in the entrance examination conducted by the VIT University. The selected applicants are required to attend the interview that will be conducted in the University campus. The selected applicants are notified/intimated about the interview time and date via the official website or via SMS.
If any applicant having query related to VITMEE 2017, then feel free to leave your comments below in the comment box.