UPESEAT 2017: Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
UPESEAT (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering aptitude Test) 2017 is the University level entrance examination organized by the UPES, Dehradun for provide admission to applicants in its 37 B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) programme. The University offers Bachelor of Technology programme in several fields. In this article, we provide all information related to UPESEAT 2017 application form, exam pattern, eligibility, admit card, result etc.
UPESEAT Exam Dates
Exam dates for UPESEAT 2017 is mentioned below.
|Application Form Available from||Started|
|Application Form submission Last Date||3rd May, 2017|
|Admit card available from||9th May, 2017|
|Examination Date||13th May, 2017|
|Result Announced on||first week of June, 2017|
|Counselling Date for Board Merit applicants||third week of June, 2017|
|Non-Exam Board Merit for B.Tech course & Non-Exam JEE Main Merit||second week of June, 2017|
|Counseling date for JEE Main applicant||third week of June, 2017|
|Counselling start from||fourth week of June, 2017|
UPESEAT 2017 Application Form
- All interested applicants can fill the online application formof UPESEAT 2017 via the official portal.
- Application form has been started.
- Last date for filling and submitting of application formwill be 3rd of May, 2017 (tentatively).
- Online payment will be done via Credit card/ Debit card /Net Banking.
The applicants can also collect the application form along with UPES prospectus/brochure from admission counters at Kolkata /Cochin / Coimbatore / Delhi / Dehradun / Ahmedabad / Chandigarh/ Hyderabad / Mumbai by making the payment via Demand Draft or by cash. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “UPES Fee Account”, payable/ owed at New Delhi/Dehradun.
- Via DD/online – Rs 1850/-
- By Cash – Rs 1750/-
Admission to the B.Tech seats of UPES (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies) will be done via UPESEAT 2017 (80% seats) and via non examination pathway (10% seats will be filled via Board merit and 10% seats via JEE Main merit). The eligibility conditions required to apply are as follows:
For Examination Pathway (UPESEAT):
- Firstly all applicants must have passed their 10th and 12th with minimum 60% of marks.
- Secondly they have secured minimum 60% of marks in PCM at 12th.
For Non Examination Pathway (JEE Main Merit & Board Merit):
- Minimum 80% of marks in 10th and 10+2 and minimum 80% of marks in PCM at 12th class.
JEE Main Merit
- All applicants must have completed their 10th and 10+2 board examination with minimum 60% of marks and must have 60% of marks in PCM at SSL (senior secondary level).
- Cut-off rank of JEE Main 2017 will be published on the official portal of UPES after the notification of JEE Main 2017 result.
Applicants born on or after October 01, 1995 are eligible for UPESEAT 2017 exam.
UPESEAT Exam Pattern
Applicants will get all the examination pattern detail of UPESEAT 2017 here on this page:
- Type of Exam: MCQ’s.
- Duration: 3 hours (i.e. from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
- Negative Marking: No negative marking provision.
- Marking Scheme:on each and every right answer applicants will be rewarded with 1 marks.
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20|
There is no fixed syllabus for the preparation of UPESEAT (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering aptitude Test) 2017. The applicants are recommended/advised to prepare the PCM subjects, Current Affairs and English Language Comprehension. For PCM sections, the applicants can refer the syllabus of JEE Main. Applicants can read their academics books of class XI and XII, NCERT books for practicing for UPESEAT exam.
UPES offers limited scholarships in 5% seats of Bachelor of Technology (all disciplines). 100% scholarship on the tuition fee is given to those applicants who secure 85% of marks in class XII and 90% of marks in PCM. Scholarship will be given on the basis of merit list.
UPESEAT 2017 Admit Card
Admit Card for UPESEAT 2017 can be downloaded from the official portal as on 9th of May 2017. Attach your photograph in the specified space of the downloaded admit card. It should be produced and preserved at the allotted test centre.
UPESEAT 2017 Result
Result for UPESEAT 2017 is expected to be declared in the month of June, (tentatively). The appeared applicants can check their result from the official website. The successful applicants are further called for the counselling procedure for the allotment of seats.
UPESEAT 2017 Counselling
The University organizes centralized counselling for UPES B.Tech seats. UPESEAT 2017 Counselling will be commenced from 2nd week of June, 2017 (tentative). There is separate counselling organized for the applicants of UPESEAT 2017 qualifiers and for the JEE Main merit holders. Seats will be given to UPESEAT merit holders (80% of seats), JEE Main 2017 ranker (10% of seats) and to the Board Merit holders (10% of seats).
If any applicant having any query related to UPESEAT 2017, then feel free to leave your comment below.