UPCAT 2018: Application form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Pattern
UPCAT 2018 (Uttar Pradesh Common Admission Test) is a state level exam organized by the Association of Dental colleges and Private Medical colleges of Uttar Pradesh. UPCAT 2018 exam is conducted for those candidates who desired to get admission into UG (Under-Graduate) Dental Course. The main purpose of this exam is to give admission into BDS course in several private colleges/universities in the state of UP (Uttar-Pradesh). BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) is a 5 year course, run under the aegis/sponsorship/support of Dental Council of India. Exam for UPCAT 2018 mainly held in the month of June. In this article we provide all information about UPCAT 2018: Application form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Pattern, Registration procedure etc.
UPCAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Eligibility Criteria are as follows
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Those candidates who are interested to apply for this exam must complete their 17 years of age as on or before 31stDecember, of the year of admission to the BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) course
- Candidates who belong to unreserved category and need to take admissions in BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) course, the he/she firstly need to complete their 10+2 (Higher Secondary Certificate) class exam by securing minimum 50% of marks in the subjects like PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
- Whereas candidates belong to reserved category then he/she need to secure minimum 40% of marks for the same.
UPCAT 2018 Syllabus mainly come from the below given subjects:
- Biology (Botany and Zoology)
UPCAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- Exam paper will contains MCQ’s (multiple choice questions) type question.
- On each and every right answer candidates will be rewarded with 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking scheme for UPCAT 2018 exam.
- Exam come from the subjects like PCB in an appropriate manner as given in below table:
|Subjects||No. of QUESTION||MARKS||DURATION|
|Physics||50 question||50 marks||3 hours|
|Chemistry||50 question||50 marks|
|TOTAL||200 question||200 marks||3 hours|
- Firstly application form for UPCAT 2018 will be available via offline mode only.
- Application form for UPCAT 2018 will be obtainable/accessible from all participating Dental universities/colleges by making a payment of Rs. 1500.
- After that candidates need to fill their details correctly on the application form and submit it.
- After you all done by filling your details on the application form correctly then you need to paste a recent photograph of yours along with signature.
|Application Form starts from||1st week of February 2018|
|Last date for form submission||Last week of April 2018|
|Examination Date||3rd week of May 2018|
If any applicant having any query related to UPCAT 2018, then feel free to leave your comments below in the comment box.