SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus 2017 / CHSL Exam Pattern 2017
SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus 2017, The applicants those who appearing for SSC CHSL 2017 can check the SSC CHSL Exam syllabus from this page. The applicants will be recruited to various posts of LDC (Lower division clerk) and DEO (Data Entry Operators) of central govt. through this examination. It is very important to go through the syllabus of the examination to get well prepared for the examination.
SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus 2017 – Notification
The applicants must know the examination pattern of SSC CHSL 2017 before they start their preparation. This will help them to make strategies for them to perform well in the examination.
- Exam question paper will be divided in total 4 sections- i.e. English language, General Awareness, General Intelligence and Quantitative aptitude.
- There will be total 50 questions allotted to each section and the total marks for each section will be 50.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours. The questions will be of MCQ type.
- The question paper will be available in both Hindi and English language for Section I, III and IV.
- There will be a penalty of ¼ marks for each wrong answer.
Examination syllabus for English Language
- Cloze passage
- Spot the error
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms & phrases
- One word substitution
- Comprehension passage
- Improvement of sentences
- Shuffling of sentence parts
- Active/passive voice of verbs
- Spelling/detecting misspell words
- Shuffling of sentences in a passage
- Conversion into direct/indirect narration
Examination syllabus for General Intelligence
- Figural series
- Venn diagram
- Number series
- Figural analogy
- Problem solving
- Semantic series
- Word building
- Semantic analogy
- Space orientation
- Address matching
- Figural classification
- Data & city matching
- Semantic classification
- Symbolic/number analogy
- Social intelligence
- Drawing inferences
- Symbolic operations
- Numerical operations
- Coding & decoding
- Embedded figures
- Critical thinking
- Emotional intelligence
- Symbolic/number classification
- Figural pattern- folding & completion
- Punched hole/ pattern- folding & unfolding
- Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers
- Small & capital letters/ number-coding/decoding/classification
Examination syllabus for Numerical Aptitude
C.1.1 Number Systems
- Decimal & fractions
- Computation of whole number
- Relationship between numbers
- Profit & loss
- Time & work
- Square roots
- Time & distance
- Ratio & proportion
- Mixture & allegation
- Partnership business
- Interest (simple & compound)
- Basic algebraic identities of school algebra (and their simple applications). For example- formulas for (a+b), (a-b)2, (a+b)3, (a-b)3, a3-b3, a3+b3, a2-b2; if a+b+c=0, then a3+b3+c3=3 abc etc. and elementary surds (simple problems).
- Graphs of Linear equations.
- 1- triangle & its various kinds of centres such as centroid, In-centre, orthocentre, circumcentre.
- 2- congruence & similarity of triangle.
- 3- circle & its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- 1- Triangle, quadrilaterals
- 2- Regular polygons
- 3- Circle
- 4- Right prism
- 5- Right circular cylinder
- 6- Right circular cone
- 7- Sphere, hemispheres
- 8- Rectangular parallelepiped
- 9- Regular right pyramid with triangular or square base
- 1- Trigonometry ratios, degree & radian measures, standard identities like sin20+cos20=1 etc.
- 52- Complementary angles, heights and distances (simple problems only).
- 1- histogram
- 2- pie-chart
- 3- frequency polygon
- 4- Bar-diagram
Examination syllabus for General Awareness
- General polity
- Current affairs
- Scientific research
- Other related topics
- Questions related to society
If any applicant having query regarding SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus 2017, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.