SSC CHSL 2018: Application form, SSC CHSL 2018 Registration, Dates, Eligibility
SSC CHSL 2018 Registration: SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) is one of the popular exam in India. This exam will be conducted in 2 parts, i.e. Part I & Part II. Part I examination is mostly conducted in the month of November – December whereas Part II is going to conducted in the month of March-April, 2018. All the applicants those who qualify the exam of Part I will be further called for Part II exam. If any applicant having query regarding SSC CHSL 2018 related application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility etc.
Posts offered under SSC CHSL
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
- Data Entry Officers (DEO)
SSC CHSL 2018 Notification
SSC CHSL 2018 (10+2) Tier-1 examination official notification will be released on July 2018 tentatively. After that, candidates can apply for the SSC CHSL Recruitment 2018 for LDC and DEO.
SSC CHSL 2018 Application form will be issued in the month of July, 2018.
|Official notification released on||July, 2018|
|Application process will available from||July, 2018|
|Last date for submission of form||August, 2018|
|Closing date for payment (online application fee)||August, 2018|
|Closing date for payment (offline application fee)||August, 2018|
|Admit cards available from||September, 2018|
|Exam date||October, 2018|
|Declaration of Part I exam||January/February, 2019|
|Exam date for part II||March, 2019|
|Final merit list released on||May, 2019|
SSC CHSL 2018 Application form
Candidates can apply for SSC CHSL 2018 via both mode i.e. either via online mode or via offline mode as per the suitability of the applicant. Candidates can apply online from the official portal of the exam conducting authority i.e. http://ssc.online.nic.in or http://ssconline2.gov.in. And for offline mode the applicant need to submit their application in prescribed format only.
For online applications:
- Firstly candidates need to login to the official website of SSC.
- Then they have to fill all the required details in the application form.
- Then they have to upload the scanned images of their photograph (with a file size between 4 to 12 kb and Resolution must be of 100 pixel width & 120 pixel height) and signature (with a file size between 1 to 12 kb and Resolution must be 140 pixel width & 60 pixel height).
- Then applicants need to submit their prescribed application fee as a final step of application process.
For offline applications:
- SSC Application forms will be available at the sale centres either from recommended offices or by post.
- Candidates will have to send a duly filled application forms along with required documents to the authority on or before last date of submission.
- For online mode: Candidate can pay their application fee either via SBI Bank Challan or via net banking. Nominal service charges may be apply while paying your application fee via net banking.
- For offline mode: Candidates need to pay Rs. 100 as application fee via CRF stamps. Stamps need to be cancelled before applying it on the applications, otherwise the application form will be rejected.
- Exemption of fee: For all the reserved categories applicants and for female candidates the application fee is exempted.
- Candidates must completed their 12th or alike examination from a state or central recognized institute.
- Candidates having age between 18-27 years as on or before 1st ofAugust, 2018 are eligible for the examination (for general category applicant).
- Age relaxation will be provided to the applicants as follows:
- For PH+SC/ST candidates- 15 years
- For PH+OBC candidates- 13 years
- For PH candidates- 10 years
- For SC/ST candidates- 5 years
- For OBCs candidates- 3 years
For Part I
- Total Section: Exam paper contain total 4 sections are English language, General intelligence, general awareness & Quantitative aptitude. Each section will comprises of total 50 marks.
- Exam Duration: 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Question Type: MCQ’s (Multiple Choice Question).
- Exam Language: Question paper will be printed in Hindi & English both.
- Negative Marking: 1/4thmarks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Total Marks: 200 questions i.e. each section comprise of total 50 marks.
For Part II
Candidates those who qualify the Part I examination will be eligible for Part II examination. Paper II exam is qualifying in nature and will organized to test the skills of the candidates related to the posts.
- Skill test for DEO: Examination will be organized for the successful candidates of written examination. Candidates have to maintain the data entry speed of 8000 key depression/hour on computer. Entries will be judged on the basis of correct entries only. Exam duration of this skill test will be 15 minutes. A printed matter of 2000-2200 strokes/key-depression in English language will be provided to each candidate.
- Typing test for LDC: This test will be conducted in Hindi & English both for the successful candidates in written examination. They have to mention the language during application procedure. This examination is also qualifying in nature. The typing speed for English language should be 35 words/minutes & for Hindi it should be 30 word/minutes.
Selection process will be organized in total 2 stages i.e. written examination and personal interview. Selection of the candidates will be totally based on their performance in written examination & interview. All reserved categories candidate will be adjusted against general category vacancies as per the rank they acquire in merit list. The vacancy of reserved categories will be filled individually by eligible candidates of reserved categories only. The tie breaker for candidates scoring same marks will be based on-
- Marks scored in written examination
- DOB, older candidates will be given higher position in merit list
- In alphabetical order the higher rank will be decided.
Important Books while Preparing for SSC CHSL 2018
For English Language
- Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Tata McGraw Hill
- Competitive General English by Kiran Prakshan
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi
For General Intelligence & Reasoning
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Nonverbal (English) by B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
For Quantitative Aptitude
- Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal
- Quicker Mathematics by M. Tyra
For General Awareness
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (English)
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (Hindi)
- Manorama Yearbook 2015 (English)
- Manorama Yearbook 2015 (Hindi)
Note: Book Preference may be change after the official notification
If any applicant having query related to SSC CHSL 2018, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.