SSC CHSL 2017: Combined Higher Secondary Level is one of the topmost level examinations in India organized by SSC (Secondary School Certificate). The examination is divided into two parts- part I is organized / held in the month of November and December and part II held in the month of March and April. Those candidates who successful to clear part I are eligible to attend part II.
SSC CHSL 2017 Notification
SSC CHSL 2017 (10+2) Tsier-1 examination official notification will be released on 18th November 2017 tentatively. After that, candidates can apply for the SSC CHSL Recruitment 2017 for LDC and DEO. Check here how to apply for SSC CHSL 2017.
Important dates (Not final) for SSC CHSL 2017:
Here we provide exam schedule for SSC CHSL 2017 below:
official notification declared on
|18th November 2017|
|Application process starts from||18th November 2017|
|application process ends on||18th December 2017|
|date of application fee online (payment last)||18th December 2017|
|payment of application fee offline (payment last)||December 2017|
|Download admit card on||February 2018|
|Part I Exam held on (SSC CHSL 2017)||20th March to 20th April 2018|
|Result declaration for part I||May 2018|
|Part II Exam held on||24th June 2018|
|Final merit list declared on||July 2018|
Vacancies offered by SSC CHSL 2017
- Data Entry Officers (DEO) -1006
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC) -2049
- Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant -3530
Number of Vacancy Post wise
|Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant||will be updated soon|
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC)||will be updated soon|
|Data Entry Operator||will be updated soon|
|Court Clerks||will be updated soon|
- Applicants must have qualified HSE (higher secondary examination) or equivalent from a state or central recognized institute.
- Minimum age limit to apply for Secondary School Certificate Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL 2017) is 18 years and maximum age is 27 years as on 1st August 2017.
SSC CHSL 2017 Application Form, Exam Dates (10+2)
Age Relaxation given as follow :
Age relaxation for SC/ST
|Age relaxation for OBC|
Age relaxation for PH
|Age relaxation for PH+OBC|
Age relaxation for PH+SC/ST
Application form :
Applicants can apply for SSC CHSL 2017 by both through online or offline mode. Applicants are informed that before they start application procedure first check eligibility criteria for exam then apply for the same. Applicants can apply by both online mode and offline mode. If applicants go for online then he/she needs to go to official website http://ssconline2.gov.in. And for offline mode applicants need to submit their applications form in prearranged format only.
- For online mode an applicants have to go to the official website of SSC (i.e. http://ssconline2.gov.in). Applicants need to upload his/her scanned images of their photograph and signature. And at last to complete the application procedure applicants have to pay application fee.
- Uploaded photograph of applicants must be between 4 to 12 kb of size & containing resolution of 100 pixel width by 120 pixels height.
- Uploaded signature of applicants must be between 1 to 12 kb & containing resolution of 140 pixel width by 60 pixels height.
- Applicants can get application forms from the sale Centres, prearranged offices or by-post as well. An applicant have to send the mandatory documents along with correctly filled application on or before last date of application.
While made Payment through online mode:
To pay fee by online mode applicants need to pay by either through SBI bank challan (challan can be downloaded, printed & submitted at any CBS branch of SBI) or by using net banking. Minimal service charges are also be included when payment is made through net banking.
While made Payment through offline mode:
Firstly candidate has to pay Rs. 100 for application fee through CRF stamps. Before applying the stamps to the form the stamp has to be cancelled, otherwise the application form will not be accepted.
Exemption of fee–
In case of female applicant’s fee is exempt means female candidates did not have to pay for application form and all the reserved category candidates.
Before applicants start their preparation regarding examination they have to first check the complete pattern of examination. And here is a complete examination pattern given below:
|Components||Tier 1||Tier 2|
|Language Mode||English & Hindi||English and Hindi|
|Exam duration||75 Minutes||60 minutes|
|Negative Marking||0.50 for each wrong attempt||NO|
Examination Pattern for Part I of SSC CHSL 2017
- The whole process is divided in 4 sections (General Intelligence, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness and each section contains 50 marks of each.
- Applicants have only 2 hour to complete their examination.
- The examination is printed in both Hindi as well as English language so no one get confused during examination.
- It’s a MCQ type question paper and ¼ marks will be deducted at every wrong answer.
- And each section contain a weightage of 50 marks.
Read More Details: SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus and Pattern
Examination Pattern for Part II of SSC CHSL 2017
Those Applicants who qualify part I are eligible to give part II examination. The only purpose for this is to test the skills of the applicants related to the posts this examination will be conducted.
- Selection process will be completed after 2 stages first one is written examination and the second one personal interview. Selection of eligible applicants will be based on their performance during both the selection stages. The reserved category applicants will be adjusted against general category jobs according to the rank they grab in the merit list. The jobs of reserved categories will be filled separately by eligible applicants of reserved categories only. The draw or tie breaker for applicants scoring same marks will be based on-
- Marks that he/she grab in written examination
- On the basis of date of birth (DOB), older applicant will be given higher position in the merit list
- According to alphabetical order the higher rank will be determined.
Read More Details: SSC CHSL Selection Procedure 2017
Typing test for Lower Division Clerk
Test will be conducted both in Hindi & English for the capable applicants of written examination. All The applicants have to mention the above language that he/she use during filling the application form. This examination is also qualifying in nature. Typing speed for English language must be 35 words/minute and for Hindi language it must be 30 words/minute.
Skill test for Data Entry Officers
Test will be conducted for capable candidates of written examination. Applicants must have data entry speed of 8,000 key depression/hour on computer. All the entries that he/she made will be judged on the basis of correct entries. Duration for this skill test will be 15 minutes. A printed matter of 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions in English language will be provided to each applicant.
Important Books while Preparing for SSC CHSL 2017
For English Language
- Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Tata McGraw Hill
- Competitive General English by Kiran Prakshan
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi
For General Intelligence & Reasoning
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Nonverbal (English) by B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
For Quantitative Aptitude
- Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal
- Quicker Mathematics by M. Tyra
For General Awareness
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (English)
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (Hindi)
- Manorama Yearbook 2015 (English)
- Manorama Yearbook 2015 (Hindi)
If any applicant having query regarding SSC CHSL 2017, they you may leave your comment below in the comment box.