Symbiosis SET 2018 Exam Registration, Application form, Important Dates, Eligibility, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2018 will be held on May 05, 2018 for admission in various UG Courses. SET 2018 has 4 different papers, namely, SET General, SEED (SET-Design), SLAT (SET-Law) and SITEEE (SET-Engineering).The application form for SET 2018 has been released online. For B.Tech admission, SIT Engineering Entrance Exam (SITEEE) exam is conducted, whereas, SET General is commonly conducted for admission to other undergraduate courses. The registration for the entrance exam is common for all program-specific entrances. The aspirants need to register for the entrance exam by online mode only. Also, the applicants need to register for the institutes offering the choice of programmes by paying separate programmes registration fees. The applicants will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of the merit in the entrance examination. Check more details regarding the SET 2018 in the article below.
|Symbiosis SET 2018 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Symbiosis Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||Symbiosis SET 2018|
|Exam level||University Level|
|Conducting Authority||Symbiosis Institute of Technology|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
SET 2018 Exam Dates
There have been few changes in SET 2018. For example, from this year onwards, SET – Law test will be known as Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT), SET -Design test will be referred to as Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED), SET- Engineering wil be known as SIT Engineering Entrance Exam (SITEEE). SET – General will continue as SET. Applicants can check the complete schedule for SET 2018 in the table below:
|Registration for SET 2018 commences from||29 Jan 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||14 Apr 2018|
|Payment for the exam can be done until||14 Apr 2018|
|Availability of SET 2018 Admit Card||21 Apr 2018 to 05 May 2018|
|SET 2018 exam date||05 May 2018|
|Entrance Test Time|
|SET 2018 Result will be declared on||14 May 2018|
Symbiosis SET 2018 2018 Eligibility Criteria
SET Eligibility criteria for Indian students:
- Applicants should pass class XII or equivalent exam to fill SET application form.
- Applicants must have passed in Physics, Mathematics and any one of Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical as vocational subject.
- Applicants in general category must have obtained an aggregate marks of 45% and under reserved category an aggregate marks of 40%.
- Applicants holding JEE Main and MHT CET ranks can also apply for SET.
SET Eligibility criteria for Foreign students/Non Resident Indians:
- Applicants should have Physics, Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical (vocational) subject.
- Applicants must secure aggrgate marks of 45% in case of general category and reserved category as 40%.
Symbiosis SET 2018 Application Form
If you are eligible you should waste no time in filling out the Symbiosis SET 2018 Application Form. There are separate application dates for applicants signing up for admissions through the SET and JEE Main.
For admissions through Symbiosis Entrance Test
- You can register for both the exams i.e. morning session for law or design and afternoon session for general or engineering or health sciences on official website the link for which is www.set-test.org.Thorough registration you will produce a unique applicant SET ID.
- You will need to upload your most recent photos in the application format as per guidelines.
- You must make a payment for the Application form and prospectus fee i.e. INR 1500 by any of the following ways:-an online payment using credit cards, by net banking, cash payment in form of an e-challan, or the option from Axis Bank or Indian Bank and print out its challan. You have to sign and submit the pay in slip and send to the Collection centre at:
Symbiosis International University,
Symbiosis Test Secretariat, Gram: Lavale,
Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune- 412115
- The last option is payment by a Demand Draft from any nationalized bank drawn in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” to be payable at Pune. You need to sign a single copy of payment information for demand draft and send it with demand draft at the above stated address
- The Admit/Hall card is obtainable on the authorized website from website from April until May
SET Exam Pattern
The SET exam pattern is given in details below:
- Mode of Exam: The SET Exam was held through Pen & Paper mode.
- Type: It was an objective type test.
- Duration: The time duration of the entrance exam was 2 ½ hours (150 minutes).
- Negative Marking: There was no provision of the negative marking.
- Papers: The entrance exam has various papers: General, Design, Law, Engineering and Health Sciences. Applicant may choose to apply for one paper in each session.
- Session: The exam was organized in two sessions: Morning Session (9:30 am to 12:00 noon) & Afternoon Session (2:30 pm to 5:00 pm)
- The paper of Law and Design was conducted in the morning session and paper of General, Engineering and Health Sciences was held in the evening session.
- Applicants can apply for more than one paper.
- However, they have to choose one paper from morning and another from evening session.
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||30|
The Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is an objective, pen and paper based examination. There will be a total of 150 questions spread across four sections, namely English, Quantitative, General Awareness, and Analytical & Logical Reasoning. The duration of the exam is two and a half hour, i.e. 150 minutes.
Exam Pattern Details and Tips:
|Section No.||Section||Number of Questions|
of different words
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Coding and Decoding||40|
|Definitely True or False statements|
|Probably True or False statements|
Section 1: English
As the name suggests, this section will have questions testing your communication and language skills. Probably the most scoring if you’ve got a good hold on the English language, this section is all about scoring high marks.
Aspirants must brush up their knowledge of synonyms and antonyms. The reading comprehension can be tricky sometimes, so aspirants must practice as many RCs as possible. In the Grammar part, they will be assessed on their day to day grammar that is used in communication. To get a good grip over the language, aspirants must read the newspaper or e-paper every day.
Section 2: Quantitative Aptitude
This section will consist of mathematical topics and concepts. Aspirants must be thorough with questions relating to ratios and proportion, divisibility, rational numbers, ordering, profit and loss, percentages, areas, volumes, mensuration, LCM, HCF, time, distance and work, truth tables, converse and inverse, relations and functions, questions on statements and also questions on equation of a line in trigonometry, and statistics.
To crack this section, aspirants can first look to attempt easy and scoring questions. These questions can be solved fast and with high accuracy. This way, aspirants can spend more time on harder questions.
To prepare well for this section, aspirants must practice quantitative questions on a regular basis. They should mark the difficult topics and spend more time on them. The only way to score in this section is to practice all topics thoroughly.
Section 3: General Awareness
This section will cover general knowledge questions including topics like Business, Legal areas, current affairs, geography, history, economy and Health sciences. Applicants should go through the newspaper and the television news daily and must be thorough will all the current affairs across the world. Magazines are another good source of information.
Applicants can also utilise social media portals like Google Plus, Facebook and Youtube to seek general knowledge and know what’s happening around the world.
Section 4: Analytical and Logical Reasoning
In this section applicants need to focus on data analysis. Applicants will be tested on their ability to analyse the given situation or problem and be able to solve it. Analytical reasoning will comprise of Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving questions.
Topics like coding and decoding, data interpretation, true or false statements, date and time arrangement problems, sequences and series etc. will be covered under this section.
Similar to the quantitative aptitude section, this section also requires aspirants to practice as many problems as possible. Sections which the aspirants find difficult must be stressed upon.
Symbiosis SET 2018 Admit Card
Symbiosis SET 2018 Admit Card will be available for the applicants from 21st April 2018 to 05 May 2018 on the official link. Applicants can download the SET 2018 Admit card till the last date of entrance test. Applicants are requested to save and take printout (hardcopy) of the admit card till the completion of admission process in Symbiosis Institutions. Applicants must paste their latest passport size, colored photograph on their.
Symbiosis SET 2018 Preparation Tips
The following are the Symbiosis SET 2018 Preparation Tips for the examination
- Make clear in your mind that you scan through your notes a day before exam.
- Never read a new topic on exam day.
- Be positive and stress-free.
- Sleep well the night before the exam.
- Reach your destination early with at least two forms of identification.
- Make sure that you have pen, pencil, eraser and other stationery required.
- Trust your preparation and give your best.
- Don’t get fear for tough questions.
- Spend the first three minutes scanning through the complete paper.
SET Syllabus 2018
SET 2018 question paper consists of questions from the following subjects.
|Fill in the blanks||Analogy||Prepositions|
|Percentage||Profit and Loss||Discount|
|Time, Speed and Distance||Algebra||Time and Work|
|Number System||Permutation and Combination||Probability|
|Companies and Founders||Awards||Science|
|Sports||Books and Authors||Current Affairs|
|Indian Penal Code||Indian Contract Act||Family Law|
|Legal Miscellaneous||Indian Constitution||Law of Torts|
|Verbal Reasoning (cause and effect)||Ratio and Proportion||Profit, Loss and Discount|
|Permutation and Combination||Time and Work||Blood Relations|
|Mensuration||Clocks and Calendar||Number Series|
|Questions on series||Situation-based Decision Making||Coding-decoding|
Exam Preparation Books:
Here is a list of some of the preparation books that applicants can seek guidance from. Apart from these books, applicants can also refer sample papers and mock tests, which are easily available online.
|Concepts of Physics – Volume 1||H. C. Verma|
|Concepts of Physics – Volume 2||H. C. Verma|
|Problems in General Physics||I. E. Irodov|
|Complete Mathematics||Mcgraw Hills Education|
|Comprehensive Mathematics||Mcgraw Hills Education|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrision & Boyd|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||J. D. Lee|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy Entrance Exam Guide||RPH Editorial Board|
|The Pearson Guide to the CLAT||Pearson|
|Study Package for CLAT and LL.B Entrance Examination||A. P. Bhardwaj|
|LST CLAT Books and Material||C. L. Media|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
Symbiosis SET 2018 Results
Symbiosis International University (SIU) will be publishing Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) results. Symbiosis SET 2018 Results are expected to be published on 14th May 2018. After SET results got published several colleges under SIU will start their selection process.
Applicants who have appeared in SET 2018 can check their results at the official web page of SIU. Applicants must provide their login credentials such as SET ID and Password while logging in.
Symbiosis SET 2018 Answer Key
Symbiosis International University releases the Symbiosis Entrance Test 2018 Answer Key through online mode. SET answer key 2018 will be provided after the entrance test in the month of May 2018. The answer key contains the correct answer of the question paper
Symbiosis SET 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of SET 2018 results some colleges under symbiosis will go for Symbiosis SET 2018 Counselling and admission procedure. There won’t be a centralized counselling for admission process. All the applicants must participate in the counselling procedure conducted by respective institutes under SIU.
All the admissions will be done on the basis of performance in test. The SIT (Symbiosis Institute of Technology) will be considering the scores of SET, JEE Main, MHT CET.
If Applicant having query regarding SET 2018, then you may leave your query down below.