PSTET Eligibility Criteria 2018: State Council of Educational Research and Training, will decide a few conditions like academic qualifications, age limit for the applicants willing to apply for PSTET 2018 exam. All the applicants will have to ensure that they fulfill all conditions known as PSTET eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria of PSTET highlights the educational qualifications which all the applicants have to possess. The PSTET 2018 eligibility criteria has been announced separately for paper 1 and paper 2. According to the eligibility criteria laid down by the council for the previous PSTET exam that all the teaching aspirants should possess a bachelor’s degree to be eligible for the exam. The eligibility criteria of PSTET will be announced with the release of official notification. Applicants are advised to check the detailed PSTET eligibility criteria before as per their choice of papers before they fill the online application form. In case, any applicant fails to fulfill the PSTET eligibility criteria 2018, he/she will not be allowed to participate in the examination process. Applicants can read the PSTET 2018 eligibility conditions from the article below.
Inclusions of PSTET Eligibility Criteria 2018
State Council of Educational Research and Training, will announce the PSTET eligibility criteria 2018 for both the papers. All the aspirants willing to appear for PSTET 2018 exam should check the eligibility criteria before they fill they fill the application form. All the PSTET 2018 aspirants can go through the eligibility criteria for the paper they want to appear for and ensure that they are eligible for the exam. Those applicants who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria should not apply as their PSTET application forms will not be accepted by the commission. Read the detailed PSTET 2018 eligibility criteria for both papers as given below.
Official Website: tetpunjab.com
PSTET Eligibility Criteria 2018- Conditions of Eligibility
Educational Qualifications for Primary Stage Teacher (Class I-V)
Applicants should have qualified 10+2 (or its equivalent) with 50% marks along with qualified or appearing for the last year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
HSC qualified (or equivalent) with a minimum of 45% marks and passed/appearing for the last years of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), as per the rules and regulations of NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), 2002.
12th (or equivalent) with a minimum of 50% marks and also qualified pr appearing for the final years of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
H.S.C/10+2 (or its equivalent) qualified by securing a minimum of 50% marks and also qualified or appearing in the last year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
Graduate and also passed or appearing for the last year of their Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) and course duration should be 2 years.
Educational Qualifications for Elementary Stage Teacher (VI-VIII)
Should be bachelor’s degree holder (Graduate) and also should be appearing in the final year or qualified 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
As per the PSTET eligibility criteria, aspirants should be graduate with at least 50 % aggregate marks and also qualified or appearing in 1 year B.Ed ( Bachelor in Education)course.
Applicants should have complete graduation with at least 45% marks and also passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) as per the rules and regulations of National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) issued from time to time.
10+2/HSC (or its equivalent) qualified with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in last year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
12th/HSC/10+2 (or its equivalent) qualified with at least 50% marks and also passed or appearing in the last year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
Graduate with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)*.
PSTET Eligibility Criteria 2018 – Points to Note
- Applicants of SC/ST/OBC/Differently Abled category will be offered 5% relaxation in the qualifying marks for minimum educational qualification.
- Diploma/Degree Course in Teacher Education: In order to be eligible for participation in PSTET, applicants pursuing a diploma or degree course recognized by NCTE only will be recognized.
- Applicants should note that the Diploma in Special Education and B.Ed (Special Education), courses should have been recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) to be considered.
- Training: As per the PSTET 2018 eligibility criteria, applicants possessing D.Ed. (Special Education) or B.Ed. (Special Education) qualification will have to undergo a special training, after final appointment. The training will be done in a -month Special Program in Elementary Education recognized by NCTE.
- All the minimum educational qualifications specified for primary/elementary teachers under the PSTET eligibility criteria will be mandatory for teachers of Languages, Social Studies/Social Science, Mathematics, Science etc.
- As per the eligibility criteria of PSTET, applicants who teach subjects like Physical Education, the minimum qualification norms for Physical Education teachers referred to in NCTE Regulation, dated 3rd November, 2001 (as amended from time to time) shall be applicable.
- Applicants interested to teach subjects like Art Education, Craft Education, Home Science, Work Education, etc. the existing eligibility norms prescribed by the State Governments and other school managements shall be applicable till such time the NCTE lays down the minimum qualifications in respect of such teachers.
- All those applicants who are in the final year of their Bachelor Degree in Education or Diploma in Elementary Education etc. Will be considered provisionally admitted and the TET eligibility certificate shall be issued only on passing the aforesaid Examinations.
- Any applicant who do not posess the required qualifications will not be eligible to participate in Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test.
If any applicant having query regarding PSTET Eligibility Criteria 2018, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.