PESSAT 2017: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility
PESSAT (PES Scholastic Aptitude Test) is conducted by PES University (Bangalore) and main purpose of this examination is that the applicants who are seeking for admission in UG and PG programmes of the University will get admission through this exam. This entrance exam will be organized on 2 dates schedule i.e. one for engineering programme and another for other courses. In this article we provide all information related to PESSAT 2017: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Admit Card, Result, etc.
PESSAT Exam Dates
Here, we have stated PESSAT 2017 examination dates.
For B.Tech Courses:
|Online Registration Starts from||21st September 2016|
|Registration Last Date for applicants from outside Bengaluru||10th of April 2017|
|Registration Last Date for applicants in Bengaluru||17th of April 2017|
|Slot Booking Started from||21st of April 2017|
|Examination date||May 2017|
|Result Declare on||last week of May 2017|
|PESSAT 1st Round Counselling||June 2017|
|PESSAT 2nd Round Counselling||July 2017|
For Other Courses:
|Online Registration Starts from||21st of September 2016|
|Online Registration Last Date||July 2017|
|Slot Booking Started from||5th January 2017|
|Examination date||7th January 2017 to July 2017|
|Result Announced in||1 Week after taking the test|
PESSAT 2017 Application Form
Application Form for PESSAT 2017 will be available via online mode from the official link. Application form was available from the 21st of September 2016. For B.Tech coursesthe last date for registration is 10th of April 2017. Whereas last date for the registration of other courses will be July 2017. Applicants who submit fee via offline mode, they also need to send the application form along with Demand Draft & Challan on the below given address:
Manager – Admissions
Office of Admissions,
100 Ft Ring Road, BSK 3rd Stage,
Bangalore – 560085
Ph: +91 8026726622
Application fee will be paid via online or offline mode. In online mode, applicants can pay their fee using Debit card/ Credit Card/ Net banking whereas in offline process, applicants will deposit their fee by using DD and Challan. The exam fee is Rs. 1050 for all applicants. Applicants who pay the fee from Demand Draft, they also need to submit their fee in the Favor of “PES University General Fund” payable/owed at Bangalore.
The eligibility criteria for PESSAT 2017 are given below.
- Applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
- Applicants have to qualify their 12th or alike examination with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects.
- Applicants have to secure minimum 60% of marks in the above given subjects.
- Age limit is between 17 to 25 years as on or before December of the year of the examination.
PESSAT Exam Pattern
The PESSAT 2017 Entrance Test will be organized via online mode. B.Tech Exam will be done in the month of May 2017. All other courses entrance exam will starts from the 7th of January 2017 to July 2017. The exam pattern of MBA & B.Tech programme are given below.
For B.Tech Course:
- Duration of Exam: 2½ hours.
- Number of Questions: 180 questions.
- Subjects: The question paper will comprise of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, & English Grammer. 60 questions will be asked from the Mathematics and Physics, 20 from English Grammer and 40 from Chemistry.
- Negative Marking:No negative scheme for this exam.
- Syllabus: Syllabus will consist of class XI (11th) and XII (12th) level.
For MBA Course:
- Duration of Exam:2 hours.
- Number of Questions: 120 questions.
- Subjects: The question paper will consist of Verbal Ability/English Comprehensive, Logical Reasoning & Analytical, General Awareness and Quantitative Reasoning. 30 questions from Verbal Ability/English Comprehensive, 40 questions will be asked from Logical Reasoning & Analytical & Quantitative Reasoning and 10 from General Awareness.
- Negative Marking:No negative scheme for this exam.
PESSAT 2017 Admit Card
After the registration ends, the slot booking procedure will be started from 21st of April 2017 for B.Tech Courses. The admit card & slot booking for other courses will be published on 5th of January 2017. In the process of slot booking, applicants can reserve their test date and time. The process will be made on a first-come-first-serve basis. After the slot booking, applicants are required to take the hard-copy (printout) of their Admit Card. Once the applicant reserves their test date and time, then after that no changes will be allowable/permitted.
- Tamil Nadu: Chennai, Coimbatore.
- Uttar Pradesh: Lucknow.
- Bihar: Patna.
- Gujarat: Ahmedabad.
- Jammu & Kashmir: Jammu.
- Jharkhand: Ranchi.
- Maharashtra: Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur.
- New Delhi: New Delhi.
- Kerala: Ernakulam.
- Andhra Pradesh: Hyderabad, Vijayawada.
- Assam (North East): Guwahati.
- Madhya Pradesh: Bhopal.
- Orissa: Bhubaneswar.
- Punjab/Haryana: Chandigarh.
- Rajasthan: Jaipur, Kota.
- West Bengal: Kolkata.
- Karnataka: Davangere, Haveri, Bellary, Bangalore, Mysore, Hassan, Tumkur, Chikmagalur, Udipi, Karwar, Shimoga, Chitradurga, Hubli/Darwad, Belgaum, Mangalore, Madikeri, Bagalkot, Raichur, Bijapur, Gulbarga, Bidar.
PESSAT 2017 Result
Result for PESSAT 2017 is expected to declare in the last week of May 2017 for B.Tech Course. Result will be published on the official website of the organizing authority. Applicant can get their result by entering their Roll number and DOB. Applicants are required to take a hard-copy (printout) of the result for further use. After the result declaration, merit list will be announced. On the basis of the merit list applicants will be called for the counseling procedure.
PESSAT 2017 Counselling
Counselling for PESSAT 2017 will be organized in 2 rounds. 1st Round Counselling for B.Tech programme will be starts from the month of June 2017 and 2nd Round Counselling will be commenced in the month of July 2017. Counselling fee is Rs. 5000. Applicant guardian/Parents will also represent the applicant at the time of counselling.
Documents that are required at the time of counselling
- PEESAT Admission Order & Rank Card MQT Admission Order
- Migration Certificate (If other than PU Board)
- Transfer Certificate / College leaving Certificate
- Class 10thMarks card/ Birth Certificate
- 6 Copies each of color passport size and stamp size photographs
- 10+2 Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Copy of Fees Receipt
Admission in the PES University for the Bachelor of Technology Courses will be based the score and personal interview. After taking PESSAT, the applicant will go through a interview on the same day of the test in the examination centre. For B.Tech Courses, 40% seats will be reserved for the CET applicants. And Remaining 60% seats will be filled via COMEDK 2017, PESSAT 2017, and Other National Level Entrance examinations. But the first preference will be given to PESSAT Test Scores.
If any applicants have query related to PESSAT 2017, then feel free to leave your comments in the comment box.