NSIT UG 2017: Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Admission Process: NSIT UG 2017 will be conducted by NSIT (Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology). It is one of the most reputed institution of India which was established early in 1983 as DIT (Delhi Institute of Technology). This institute offers admission to applicants in several UG and PG courses. Admission in UG courses (i.e. B.Tech) will be provided/given on the basis of applicant’s score in JEE Main entrance examination. Admissions will be done by Joint Admission Counselling (JAC), Delhi. Here, in this article aspirants can get a complete details about NSIT UG 2017 including application form, exam dates, eligibility, Admission procedure, etc.
NSIT offers BE/B.Tech course in the following streams:
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Manufacturing Process & Automation Engineering
NSIT UG 2017 Exam Dates
Here, we provide a Tentative exam schedule for NSIT UG 2017 below:
|Online registration starts from||Last week of June, 2017|
|Last date for submission of registration-cum-counselling fee (via e-challan)||2nd week of July, 2017|
|Last date for submission of registration-cum-counselling fee (via online mode)||3rd week of July, 2017|
|Last date for choice filling||3rd week of July, 2017|
NSIT UG 2017 Application Form
Applicants will get the NSIT UG Application Form 2017 through online mode from the official website of the exam conducting authority i.e. JAC. Mode other than online mode will not be entertained for the application form. NSIT UG 2017 application form will be available from last week of June, 2017. Applicants also pay their counselling fee which will be Rs.1100 + bank charges applied. Applicants can pay their application fee via credit/debit/internet banking via online payment gateway or by using e-challan of SBI Bank. Applicants can pay their application fee only via online mode, as any other mode will not be accepted for payment.
NSIT UG Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are required to comply with the eligibility criteria before applying for the courses:
- Applicants should have completed their 12th from ICSE, CBSE or any alike board along with the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Applicants must secure minimum 75% of marks (for general applicant) in the PCM group to get eligible for the exam.
- Applicants belong to reserved categories will get the Relaxation in the qualifying marks.
- There is no minimum age requirement for this examination.
Seat reservation for all different categories will be different as mentioned below:
|OBC-NCL (Other Backward Classes)||27% of the total seats|
|SC (Scheduled Castes)||15 % of the total seats|
|ST (Scheduled Tribes)||7.5 % of the total seats|
|CW (Defense Category)||5% of the total seats|
|PD (Differently Abled Persons)||3% of the total seats|
|KM (Kashmiri Migrants Seats)||01 (One) Seat|
NSIT UG Rank List (JEE Main Rank List)
JEE Main rank list will be considered, for admissions in UG engineering courses. Applicants will be eligible for the admissions as per the marks secured by them in the JEE Main entrance exam for paper 1.
NSIT Admission/Counselling Process
Admission will be given via the counselling procedure which will be conducted by Joint Admission Counselling (JAC), Delhi. Counselling process will be done via online procedure. Applicants those who paid their counselling-cum-registration fee will be eligible to participate in the counselling procedure. Counselling will be conducted in total four rounds. Detailed counselling procedure is mentioned below:
Online Choice Filling & Locking:
- Applicants can fill their choices of institute and branch through online mode i.e. from the official website of JAC.
- Applicants are needed to take the printout of the filled choices for further use.
- Applicants are not permitted to delete, change or re-order the earlier choices.
- Applicants are allowed to fill as much number of choices from the list of available choices.
- According to the applicant’s eligibility, list of available seats and branches will be displayed.
- Choices filled by applicants will be locked automatically after the registration period is over.
- Seats will be allotted to applicants on the basis of merit list or rank list.
- Merit list will be prepared as per the marks secured in the JEE Main (Paper one) entrance exam.
Payment of Admission Fee:
Applicants those who have allotted a seat for the 1st time are necessary to pay their admission fee within the given time period. Applicants can pay their admission fee by e-challan via SBI bank or by using credit/debit card or net banking.
Online Provisional Admission letter:
Online Provisional Admission letter will comprise of the fee payment, seat allotment, and many other details. It will be generated via online mode i.e. from the official website of exam conducting authority. Applicants are required to take a hard-copy (printout) of the letter for future use.
Physical Reporting and Document Verification:
Selected/Admitted applicants are required to physically present at the allotted institute as per the counselling schedule/timetable for document verification procedure and submit their balance fee (if required). Applicants are also required to bring the self-attested photocopies of the below given documents:
- Seat allotment letter
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Printout of filled choices
- Fee payment receipt (original)
- Three passport sized photograph
- 12thor equivalent exam mark sheet
- Reserved category certificate (if applicable)
- Printout of JEE Main Admit Card and Score Card
- Online Registration form attested by Principal of school last attended /Gazetted Officer
Refund of Fees and Withdrawal of Allotted Seat:
Request for the withdrawal of allotted seat in the given Performa is to be submitted at any of the institute. Applicants are required to surrender the original admission slip issued at the time of admission/counselling to apply for withdrawal of admission. For withdrawal a proper receipt will be issued by the exam conducting authority. No fees will be refunded to the aspirants who withdraw their admission after spot round.
If any applicant having query regarding NSIT UG 2017, then you may leave you query below in the comment box.