NEET Exam Pattern 2018 – Check New Exam Pattern Here
NEET Exam Pattern 2018 will be decided by the exam conducting authority. This exam is organized by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. NEET also referred as National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is a national level entrance test. This exam is an opportunity for those students seeking for admission in MBBS and BDS courses provided by top medical colleges or universities of the country. Here we are providing detailed information regarding NEET 2018 Exam Pattern.
NEET Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern will comprises of type of question, number of question, marking scheme, etc. The detailed NEET exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Exam Date: The exam will be organized on 6th May 2018.
- Exam Mode: The examination will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based). Applicants have to mark their answers in OMR answer sheet.
- Number of Question: It will contain only one question paper which comprises of 180 questions.
- Type of Question: Questions will be objective type. Each question will contain four optional answers; students are required to mark the correct answer only.
- Exam Duration:The exam duration will be three hours (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- Subjects: The question papers will be composed of four sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
- Question Paper Language: The language of the question will be English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu.
NEET Exam Pattern 2018
|1||Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen and Paper)|
|2||Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|3||Medium of Exam||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya and Kannada|
|4||Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|6||Total Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|7||Total Marks of Examination||720 Marks|
|8||Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, the applicants will be awarded 4 marks; if an answer is wrong, then 1 mark will be deducted.|
NEET 2018 Subject wise Number of Questions
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
Marking Scheme of NEET 2018
|Each correct response||+4|
|Each incorrect response||-1|
|Unmarked questions||No marks|
Qualifying marks in NEET 2018
According to the official prospectus of NEET, in order to qualify NEET 2018, a applicant belonging to unreserved category have to secure a minimum of 50th percentile in NEET, while, a SC/ST/OBC applicant have to obtain 40th percentile. In respect to physically handicapped applicant, the minimum percentile is 45th.
NEET 2018 qualifying marks
The result of NEET 2018 will be declared on June, 2018. The result will be declared in the form of score card consisting of applicant’s name, percentile secured, 15% All India Quota cut off score, result status and all India rank etc.
Availability of Regional Language for NEET 2018
|S. No.||Medium of Question Paper||Examination Centres|
|1||English and Hindi Medium||All Examination Centre Cities|
|2||English, Hindi and Assamese||Examination Centre Cities in Assam|
|3||English, Hindi and Bengali||Examination Centre Cities in West Bengal|
|4||English, Hindi and Gujarati||Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|5||English, Hindi and Marathi||Examination Centre Cities in Maharashtra|
|6||English, Hindi and Tamil||Examination Centre Cities in Tamil Nadu|
|7||English, Hindi and Telugu||Examination Centre Cities in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|8||English, Hindi and Oriya||Examination Centre Cities in Odisha|
|9||English, Hindi and Kannada||Examination Centre Cities in Karnataka|
NEET Syllabus 2018
The NEET 2018 syllabus will comprises of four subjects, i.e. Chemistry, Physics, Zoology and Botany. For better preparations, applicants should prepare for the exam as per the officially prescribed syllabus. The syllabus will be notified by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus will be comprised from class 11th & 12th subjects.