NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria, Qualification, Age limit, Marks: All the applicants are required to read all the eligibility norms/criteria carefully before filling the NEET application form 2018. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level entrance exam for BDS & MBBS applicants. This exam will be managed by the CBSE Board to provide admissions in several government & non-government colleges of the country. In this article we provide a complete detail relate to NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria, Qualification, Age limit, Marks. Eligibility criteria for NEET exam 2018 is as following:

NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria

We provide NEET 2018 eligibility as per state and All India basis:

General Eligibility

  • Aadhaar card is compulsory to apply for NEET 2018 exam.
  • Applicants might attempt this examination only 3 times. NEET 2018 will be considered/counted as 1 Attempt for all applicants.
  • Applicants must have completed 10+2 or its alike examination along with the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with English.
  • Applicants belong to General category need to secure minimum 50% of marks to get eligible for NEET 2018, for general PH is 45% of marks are mandatory and for SC/ST/OBC handicapped 40% of marks are compulsory.
  • Applicants appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply. They must have to show the passing certificates obeying with the % criteria at the time of 1st round of counselling.
  • Marks obtained in math will not be considered for admission to BDS/MBBS courses.

 

85% State Quota Seats, Eligibility criteria

States taking part in the NEET 2018 will fill their 85% seats of BDS/MBBS via state counselling, while the remaining 15% of seats will be filled via All India centralized counselling. Eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are given below:

  • Applicants should have completed/appearing their 10th and 12th examination from the state.
  • Applicant must hold/have a valid domicile of the state.
  • Applicant should hold/have a residency proof of the state.

15% All India Quota Seats, Eligibility criteria

  • Applicant must be an Indian citizen or overseas citizen.
  • Applicants must complete the age of 17 years as on or before 31st of December of the year of Admission.
  • Criteria for upper age limit of 25 years has removed from year 2017.
  • The applicants belong to Andhra Pradesh, J&K, and Telangana are eligible to appear the exam only for the admission to the AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College), Pune on the basis of self-declaration.

Eligibility criteria for Seats in Participating institutes/universities

There are several other universities/institutes that take part in NEET 2018, some of them include Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), University of Delhi, Jamia Hamdard University etc.

  • Overseas Citizen of India may also appear for the examination subject to the rules of Govt. of India.
  • Upper age limit will be considered as per the rules of universities/states/institutions for those applicants, who seeking admission under the control of partaking Institutions/ Universities/ States.

If any applicant having query related to NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria, then leave your query below in the comment box.

5 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here