NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria, Qualification, Age limit, Marks: All the applicants are required to read all the eligibility norms/criteria carefully before filling the NEET application form 2018. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level entrance exam for BDS & MBBS applicants. This exam will be managed by the CBSE Board to provide admissions in several government & non-government colleges of the country. In this article we provide a complete detail relate to NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria, Qualification, Age limit, Marks. Eligibility criteria for NEET exam 2018 is as following:
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
We provide NEET 2018 eligibility as per state and All India basis:
- Aadhaar card is compulsory to apply for NEET 2018 exam.
- Applicants might attempt this examination only 3 times. NEET 2018 will be considered/counted as 1 Attempt for all applicants.
- Applicants must have completed 10+2 or its alike examination along with the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with English.
- Applicants belong to General category need to secure minimum 50% of marks to get eligible for NEET 2018, for general PH is 45% of marks are mandatory and for SC/ST/OBC handicapped 40% of marks are compulsory.
- Applicants appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply. They must have to show the passing certificates obeying with the % criteria at the time of 1st round of counselling.
- Marks obtained in math will not be considered for admission to BDS/MBBS courses.
85% State Quota Seats, Eligibility criteria
States taking part in the NEET 2018 will fill their 85% seats of BDS/MBBS via state counselling, while the remaining 15% of seats will be filled via All India centralized counselling. Eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are given below:
- Applicants should have completed/appearing their 10th and 12th examination from the state.
- Applicant must hold/have a valid domicile of the state.
- Applicant should hold/have a residency proof of the state.
15% All India Quota Seats, Eligibility criteria
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen or overseas citizen.
- Applicants must complete the age of 17 years as on or before 31st of December of the year of Admission.
- Criteria for upper age limit of 25 years has removed from year 2017.
- The applicants belong to Andhra Pradesh, J&K, and Telangana are eligible to appear the exam only for the admission to the AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College), Pune on the basis of self-declaration.
Eligibility criteria for Seats in Participating institutes/universities
There are several other universities/institutes that take part in NEET 2018, some of them include Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), University of Delhi, Jamia Hamdard University etc.
- Overseas Citizen of India may also appear for the examination subject to the rules of Govt. of India.
- Upper age limit will be considered as per the rules of universities/states/institutions for those applicants, who seeking admission under the control of partaking Institutions/ Universities/ States.
If any applicant having query related to NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria, then leave your query below in the comment box.