NATA 2018: Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, NATA 2018 Eligibility
NATA 2018: NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) 2018 will be controlled/managed by the COA (Council of Architecture). It is a national level aptitude test which is conducted for admission into the architecture programme all over the country. From the year 2017, the NATA exam will be organized only once in a year. Through this exam, applicants will get admission into 5 years of B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture) programme. A NATA score card will be considered by private & governments aided institutes or colleges. Check this article, here we updated all details regarding NATA 2018. In this article we provide all the latest information related to NATA 2018: Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria,Registration .
NATA Exam Dates
Below, we have mentioned the unconfirmed (tentative) schedule of NATA 2018:
|Online Registration Starts||First week of January 2018|
|Last Date of Online Registration||First week of February 2018|
|Image Upload Last Date||Last week of February 2018|
|Fee Payment Last Date||First week of February 2018|
|Confirmation Page Printout Available||Last week of February 2018|
|Correction Window open||Third week of February 2018|
|Admit Card Issued||Fourth week of March 2018|
|Date of Exam||Third week of April 2018|
|Result Declaration||Second week of June 2018|
NATA Registration 2018
- Applicants can register themself for the NATA 2018 through onlinemode only.
- Registration for NATA 2018 will be starts from the first week of January 2018.
- Applicants can register till the first week of February 2018.
- Applicants have to fill their personal details & need to upload documents during the time of online form filling.
- Applicants also need to upload their scanned images, i.e., passport size photograph, own signature & left hand thumb impression in a given format.
- After the payment made applicants are requested to take out a printout of the confirmation page for further process.
- And there is no need to send the application form through post or offline mode.
- In case, applicants make any mistake in the application form, then he/she is able to correct their mistake in the thirdweek of February 2018 as correction window is opened.
- Registration fee for all category applicants is 1250.
- Applicants, those opt for exam city in Dubai need to pay extra examination fee of INR 7000 earlier then the issuance of admit card.
- Applicants can make payment through online or offline mode include credit card/ debit card / e-Challan or by net banking
Eligibility criteria for NATA 2018 are mentioned below:
- Age Limit: Applicant’s minimum age must be 17 years as on or before 31st July 2018.
- Qualifying Exam:Applicants need to complete/pass their 12th or alike or International Baccalaureate Diploma or 12th Diploma (from any stream), after 10 years of Schooling.
- Subjects:Applicants need to complete above examination with mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Minimum Marks:Applicants need to secure/grab at least 50% of marks in the above qualifying examination.
- Appearing applicants can also apply.
- Lateral Entry:There is no process of lateral entry admission into Bachelor of Architecture
NATA Exam Pattern
NATA 2018 exam will be organized/operated in third week of April 2018. And exam pattern for NATA 2018 given below:
- Mode of Exam: exam will be done through offline mode (i.e. using pen & paper).
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Type of Question: Question of General Aptitude & Mathematics will be MCQ type questions.
- of Questions: 60 questions.
- Total Marks:Question paper contain weightage of 200
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, applicant will be rewarded with 2 marks in General Aptitude & Mathematics.
- Negative Marking: there is no negative marking in NATA 2018.
- Subjects: Question paper will contain of three sections, i.e. General Aptitude, Mathematics, & Drawing.
- Qualifying Marks: Applicants need to Secure/grab minimum 25% of marks in MCQ section (30 out of 120) & 25% of marks in Drawing section (20 out of 80).
|PART A (90 minutes)|
|PART B (90 minutes)|
|Drawing 2 sets in A4 size sheet/paper||80|
The NATA 2018 Syllabus will contain of three sections include General Aptitude, Mathematics, & Drawing.
Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.
Interpretation of pictorial compositions, visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawing. Objects, textures related to architecture & built environment. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), general awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Mathematical reasoning and sets & relations.
Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast. Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory. Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms. Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, sketching of urban scape and landscape. Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
How to prepare for NATA 2018
- Candidates have to understand their drawing & creative skills.
- Make a time-table & give equal interval of time to each subject.
- Aware about complete syllabus & exam pattern of the examination.
- Solve previous year question paper for practice.
- Eat healthy food & stay fit.
- Refer best study material & books.
NATA Admit Card 2018
Applicants can download their admit card from Fourth week of March 2018 through online mode. When the admit card will be issued by the authorization /authority we will update it in our website. The NATA 2018 admit card will consist of applicants & exam details such as name of the applicant, roll number, date & time of exam, location of the test center, etc. Applicants need to carry any of the photo ID proof along with the admit card/appointment receipt.
NATA Result 2018
NATA 2018 Result will be declared after a few weeks of exam. Applicants will check their results through from the official website. Which would be declared in second week of June 2018. The result will be available in three formats:
- marks secure out of 200
- Merit list
- Percentile score.
And applicants need to keep the print copy of the result for further admission procedure.
Counselling for NATA 2018 will be controlled by the participating Institutions Individually. No counselling will be organized by the Council of Architecture (COA) . After the result declare, applicants can apply to get admission into Bachelor of Architecture courses in several university & Institutions on the basis of the NATA result. The NATA result/Score Card will be legal /valid up to the academic year 2018-2019.
If any applicant having query regarding NATA 2018, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.