GPAT 2019 Application form, Registration, Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card, Result, Admission Procedure, Counselling
GPAT 2019: All India Council for Technical Education (popularly known as AICTE) organize national level examination GPAT (stands for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) in order to offer admission to eligible candidates in Master’s degree of Pharmacy known as M.Pharma. Examination will be conducted in 3rd week of January, 2019. All candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before they start their application process. GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) score is being used by all AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) approved University/ Institutions Departments and Constituent Colleges. In the field of Pharmacy, scores are also considered for providing scholarships and other financial assistance. Candidates can check all details about GPAT 2019 here in this article who are willing to take admission in M.Pharma programme for the academic year of 2019-2020.
GPAT 2019 Notification
Registration for GPAT 2019 will be started from 2nd week of Oct, 2018 and continue till 4th month of December, 2018.
GPAT 2019 Important Dates
Here, we provide Tentative exam schedule for GPAT 2019, in the below table:
|GPAT Registration Starts||October, 2018|
|Registration Last Date||December, 2018|
|Date Examination||January, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||January, 2019|
|Announcement of the Results||February, 2019|
|Downloading of Score Cards||February, 2019|
GPAT 2019 Application Form
The registration procedure for GPAT 2019 will start from 1st week of November, 2018. All the candidates can fill their application forms only via online mode from the official website of exam conducting authority. All candidates are advised to apply for the examination on or before the last date of submission of application which is 2nd week of December, 2018. The application procedure of GPAT 2019 will be completed in 3 different stages i.e. Registration, Online Payment, and Application form filling.
How to fill GPAT Application Form 2019?
Filling application form of GPAT 2019 includes three steps. The details are as follows:
- Step 1- Self registration: First, all candidates will have to register themselves as a New User. Then read all the instructions carefully, and accept the declaration & proceed. For self-registration, all candidates are required to enter the basic details. Make sure that you enter all the details correctly, and then click on Submit button. After that, no data can be edited. A unique 6 digit password will be generated which will be sent to you on the registered email and SMS. From now onwards, all candidates can login as an Existing User using their email ID and the unique password.
- Step 2- Payment procedure: Candidates can make payment via below mentioned modes:
- Online payment: You can choose to make payment using credit card/debit card/net banking. You will receive a confirmation via email and SMS on successful payment.
- Cash payment at SBI bank: Indian candidates can choose this option for making payment via cash at any of the designated branches of SBI. After selecting this option and proceeding further, you will see a challan on the screen with your details already filled in it. You have to take its three printouts, fill the required details, and go to SBI branch with cash on the next day of challan generation. You will receive a confirmation email and SMS after successful payment.
- Step 3- Fill the GPAT application form: After making the payment, you will have to fill the remaining part of the GPAT 2019 application form. You can modify the details at this stage. After ensuring that the entered data is correct, you will be required to accept a declaration and click on I Agree button to submit GPAT application form 2019.
Note- It is advisable to print the application form of GPAT 2019 and keep its copy for future reference.
All the candidates’ first need to meet the eligibility criteria stated below in order to get eligible for the examination:
- The candidates must be an Indian national.
- The candidates should have completed their Bachelor’s degree inPharmacy (4 years after 12th standard, including lateral entry candidates).
- Candidates those who are in their final year of Pharma are also eligible to apply for GPAT 2019.
- There is no age limit for appearing examination.
- All the candidates have to pay Rs. 1400/- + Bank charges (if applicable) as a registration fee for the examination. (For Non-Reserved Category candidates)
- The registration fee (For SC/ST/PWD) is Rs. 700/- + Bank charges as applicable.
- All candidate can pay their registration fee only via online mode (i.e. by using credit/debit card/net banking).
- For offline payments, the candidates have to generate challan from the official website/ portal.
- The offline fee can be paid at any branch of SBI bank using this challan.
- For General / OBC Candidates: Rs. 1400 + Bank charges as applicable
- For Female / SC / ST / PwD Candidates: Rs. 700 + Bank charges as applicable
GPAT 2019 Admit Card
GPAT Admit card will be issued by the authority via online mode i.e. on the official website. Candidates can download their admit card in the month of January 2019. Apart from online mode, the authority also sent the admit card to the candidate’s registered email ID. Admit Card is a compulsory document in order to take in the examination. Candidates must take a print copy of the GPAT Hall ticket 2019 for further procedure. Candidates can get it by entering their user ID & password. All candidates are advised to download their admit card before three or four days of the examination to avoid last minute rush. In case, candidates found any discrepancy or errors in the admit card, then they are required to report to the student help-desk of the exam conducting authority.
Steps to Download the Admit Card
- Firstly candidate need to Log in to the official website of exam conducting authority (i.e. http://aicte-gpat.in)
- After that click on the Login link, after which a new page will appears on your computer screen
- Now enter the details such as Application Id& Password, after that click on the button Submit
- Candidate hall ticket/ Admit card will be displayed, if all the Entries are correct
- At last save it, download it and print a copy of your admit card.
GPAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode:The examination will be conducted on online mode and will be held in a single session.
- Exam Duration:The duration of examination is 3 hours.
- Total Questions:There will be total 125 questions and total marks will be 500.
- Marking Scheme:The candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking:1 mark will be deducted as a penalty for wrong answers.
Examination Syllabus for GPAT 2019 will be prescribed by AICTE.
- Marine pharmacognosy
- Basic Metabolic Pathways/Biogenesis
- General Techniques of Biosynthetic Studies
- Role of plant-based drugs on the national economy
- Applications of plant tissue culture in pharmacognosy
- Physical pharmacy
- Microbiology in pharmacy
- Dosages forms, designing & evaluations
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence & ethics
- The Importance of unit operations in manufacturing
- Introduction to Dispensing and community pharmacy
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Syllabus
- Medical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical analysis
- Inorganic Pharmaceutical & Medical chemistry
- Physical Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
- Organic Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
- Volatile of Drugs
- Sources of Drugs
- Alkaloid Containing Drugs
- Studies of Traditional Drugs
- Glycoside Containing Drugs
GPAT 2019 Result
- Examination results for GPAT 2019 will be released in 3rd week of January, 2019.
- All candidates can download their results from the official website of exam conducting auhtority.
- If any candidate is interested in getting admission in PhD degree after completing M.Pharma then the GPAT score card will be valid for one year and the candidates do not have to appear in the Ph. D. entrance examination conducted by Indian universities.
Steps to check GPAT 2019 Result
Follow the steps below in order to check the GPAT 2019 result:
- Click on ‘GPAT 2019 result’ tab.
- On clicking, you will be landed on the results page.
- Click on ‘view GPAT 2019 score’.
- Enter your email ID and password to view your score.
GPAT 2019 Score Card
- GPAT 2019 Score card will be released by AICTE after the declaration of exam results.
- GPAT score card is valid only for one year i.e. for admission to the current academic session only.
- To download the score card, candidates need to enter details like email address and password.
- All India merit list prepared will be based on the scores obtained by the candidates in online entrance examination of GPAT.
- The merit list specifies Total Score, Rank, Candidate Roll number, Category and Qualified/Not-Qualified status of all the candidates.
GPAT 2019 Counselling
- All eligible candidates can participate in the GPAT Counselingprocess organized individually by the institutions.
- Seats Allotment will depend on the candidate scores in the entrance exam.
- All candidates are required to take part in the admission procedure of respective institutions, on the basis of their GPAT scores 2019.
For allotting seats to the candidates, AICTE will forward the merit list to the respective state governments. The admissions will be provided through centralized counselling or as per the admission notification of respective state government. In case if no centralized counselling will be conducted then candidate’s can apply directly in the AICTE approved institutes/ University departments/ constituent colleges/ affiliated colleges. The participating institutions of GPAT will offer admission on the basis of candidate’s GPAT scores.
Documents Required at the time of Admission
The documents that will be needed at the time of admission are listed below:
- GPAT 2019 Score Card
- Character Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- 10th Class Mark Sheet
- 12th Class Mark Sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet (all years)
- Provisional Degree Certificate
- Category Certificate (if any)
- Latest passport size color photograph
- GPAT 2019 examination will be conducted via online mode as a CBT (computer-based test)
- GPAT 2019 examination will be organized once in a year
- Mention eligibility criteria section of our article to check the eligibility
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer as a negative marking provision
- Candidates can pay their registration fee via online mode (i.e. by using credit card/debit card/net banking) or via offline mode (by using SBI Bank Challan)
- GPAT 2019 scorecard will be validate for one year only
- Candidates have to download the score card from the official website of GPAT.
- Once the application form is submitted, no changes will be allowed further.
- There will be no age criteria for applying GPAT 2019.
If any candidate having a query regarding GPAT 2019, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.