DNB CET 2019: National Board of Examination (NBE) is the main authority that organize DNB CET to provide admission to the DNB PG & DNB super specialty courses. DNB CET 2019 is a national level qualifying-cum-ranking examination which offers admission to DNB PG courses. The test provides entry to post DNB/MS/MD Super Specialty courses is DNB-CET SS (Diplomat National Board Centralized Entrance Test – Super Specialties). DNB CET conducted twice in a year (i.e. January and June Session). For 2019 (January session), the admission into DNB PG courses is done on the basis of NEET Post Graduate score.
Here in this article applicant can get the details of DNB CET 2019 & DNB CET SS 2019 including application form, examination Dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, counselling, etc.
DNB CET 2019 Highlights Table
Eligible applicants who are interested in pursuing DM/MCh and DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses at NBE accredited Institutions, hospitals or medical colleges should go through the below highlights before applying.
DNB CET Exam Dates 2019
Check here tentative exam schedule for DNB CET 2019 for January session & June session. The official dates of DNB-CET 2019 (January & June session) will be available soon.
For June Session:
|DNB CET 2019|
|Online registration||May 2019|
|Last Date||May 2019|
|Demo Test Available from||June 2019|
|Examination Date||June 2019|
|Result available||July 2019|
|Cutoff date for completing internship||August 2019|
For January Session:
|DNB CET 2019|
|For 1st Round|
|Registration and filling Options/Choices for Counseling||May 2019|
|First Mock Allotment||May 2019|
|Addition/Deletion of filled Options/Choices for First Round of Counseling||May 2019|
|1st Round Allotment||May 2019|
|Payment of one-year Course Fee. (Rs. 80,000/-) by the allotted applicants||May 2019|
|For 2nd Round|
|Editing/Reordering/filing of Options/Choices for Second Round of counseling||May 2019|
|2nd Round Allotment||May 2019|
|Payment of Tuition Fee for newly allotted applicants||May 2019|
|Uploading the Joining Report by the institute||June 2019|
|Final Round (Counseling In-Person)|
|Counseling(in-person) at NBE Office New Delhi||June 2019|
|Joining of allotted institute/hospital after Final Round Allotment. The Original documents to be verified by the allotted institute||June 2019|
|Uploading the Joining Report by the institute||June 2019|
DNB CET 2019 Application Form
DNB CET 2019 application form is available only via online mode at www.cet.natboard.edu.in. It is to be noted that the form cannot be filled through any other mode. Before filling the form, applicants are advised to go through the information brochure thoroughly.
In case the form seems incomplete in any sense, it is liable for rejection. It is recommended to fill the form carefully and completely. There are various steps to fill DNB CET 2019 Application form which is listed below:
Step 1: Registration
- Firstly go to the official site of NATIONAL BOARD OF EXAMINATIONS (NBE).
- Then fill all the required details that are prompted on the screen. Some of the compulsory details are stated below:
- Applicant’s Name
- Applicant’s DOB (dd/mm/ yyyy format)
- Applicant’s Mobile No. (10 digits)
- Applicant’s E-Mail ID
- Year of Passing (10th, 12th, graduation)
- Guardian’s Name
- category (SC/ST/ Others)
- Aadhaar No
- Click on the displayed link for confirmation that you will receive on your registered email address.
- Log in with the registered e-mail & password.
Step 2: Application Form
- Once applicant have logged in with the registered e-mail address and password, tap on the link DNB CET 2019 application form.
- Application form will then be displayed on the monitor.
- Fill the form with genuine and valid personal details (name, gender, date of birth, religion, etc.) along with the educational details.
- Submit the form.
- Do note down the application ID for future reference.
- Applicants need to choose a security question as per their wish which they have to remember till the end of this process.
- Download the form (pdf format) and save it to your system
- Take a print of the application form.
Step 3: Uploading Images and Documents
- Scan your passport size photograph, signature and all the educational documents.
- Upload them in the mentioned format and resolution as per NBE guidelines.
- System will not accept the documents if the resolution is not as per the guidelines.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fees
- Application fees will be accepted via online payment gateway (Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking). Moreover, the fees are not refundable
- Do take a printout of the displayed confirmation page as a proof for future.
- The application fee is equal for all the categories and gender that is INR 4500.
- The application fee is 4500/- for both exams.
- Applicants can pay the fee through a payment gateway of credit card/debit card/net banking.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
DNB CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should possess MBBS degree/Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent/ provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification which is issued by the Medical Council of India
- For January Session: Applicant need to havecleared their 12 Months rotating internship or practical training on or before January 31, 2019 (application for January session)
- For July Session: Applicant should have completed the required 12 Months rotating internship/practical training on or before July 31, 2019 (application for July session)
- Applicants those who are completing their internship after time period are ineligible for the DNB-CET. If applicant would be completing his/her internship after January 31, 2019 i.e. in month of February then he/she would not be eligible for DNB CET 2019 January Session but would be eligible for July Session.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof has to be furnished at the time of counseling and on the testing day.
- Applicants can register & appear for DNB-CET January 2019 session only once for admission to DNB January 2019 session. Registration for CET, more than once would constitute unfair means and lead to disqualification and/or penal action.
DNB CET Exam Pattern 2019
The exam pattern (June session) details are mentioned below:
- Session: The exam shall be conducted on a single day in a single session.
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be conducted in online mode (CBT).
- Section: The question paper shall comprise of PART-A and
- Total Questions: Each section has 150 questions which will be asked in the question paper.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Type Questions will be asked in the exam.
- Medium of Exam: The question paper will be published in English language only.
- Duration: The duration of each section will be of 3½ hours.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, 4 marks will be given to the applicants.
- Negative Marking: There will be 25% negative marking for incorrect answer.
- Syllabus: The questions cover topics from applied basic sciences, clinical practice, and Recent advances.
|Subjects||Subject Wise Weightage (Out of 300)|
|SPM, Statistics & Biomedical Research||24|
|Dermatology & STD||6|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||24|
The syllabus is the most important part for the applicants to know and prepare accurately for DNB CET 2019 exam. The key point to take down the corresponding syllabus for applicants is as follows:
- The syllabus comprises of various subjects or knowledge areas as a medical graduate.
- DNB CET 2019 syllabus will be prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Questions on topics like Ophthalmology, Physiology, Anatomy & many others will be asked.
- If an applicant wants to score well in the test applicants should prepare as per the prescribed syllabus.
The list of cities where Examination centers are located is as under:
DNB CET 2019 Demo Test
Applicants who will register and complete the application process before the last date will be able to access a demo test for the same. It will be provided by NBE to familiarize the applicants of the pattern of the computer-based test.
The DNB CET 2019 Demo test will be available on the official website nbe.edu.in. They can access the test through the link as well which will be provided on this page. It will be available from June, 2019. Aspirants of this exam are advised that they practice this test to make themselves comfortable with the test pattern.
DNB CET SS Admit Card
Once the registration process is complete, DNB CET admit card will be issued to the applicants via online mode. Applicants are required to take a print out of the admit card and paste the photograph in the given space and after that they are required to report to the examination centre within prescribed time along with documents as mentioned in the Admit Card and Information Bulletin. This is to inform the applicants that do not forget to bring the DNB CET 2019 Admit card along with one ID proof on the examination day. As applicants those fail to bring the Admit Card and all required documents will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
Note: Applicants may note that late entry to the examination centre is not allowed.
On the examination day, applicants need to bring the below given documents along with them:
- The printed copy of Admit card with a photo posted on it.
- Photocopy of permanent or provisional SMC/MCI registration.
- Anyone of the ID proof (Pan Card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card (with photograph).
DNB CET Result 2019
Applicants must have to obtain the minimum qualifying marks for admission.
The minimum qualifying marks for general category is 50% above, 40% and above for SC/ST/OBC and for Person with the disability, it will be 45% and above.
The first mock allotment will be declared in the month of May 2019 (DNB-CET). The DNB-CET 2019 result can be checked by entering applicant’s Testing ID and Date of Birth. It will be released for June session in July 2019. The validity of the result will be only for the current admission session i.e. June 2019 session only. There is no provision for re-checking /re-totaling /re-evaluation of the question paper, answers, score and no query in this regard shall be entertained.
Steps to download the DNB CET Result
- Visit National Board of Examination official website.
- Click on the results tab.
- Fill in the mandatory credentials (enrolment number, password and captcha code).
- After logging in, the respective result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download DNB CET 2019 Result for further process till counselling and admissions.
DNB CET 2019 Cut off
DNB CET 2019 cut off score is the minimum qualifying marks which must be secured by applicants to qualify the entrance examination. There are various factors on which cut-off marks depend such as availability of seats, number of applicants and difficulty level of the entrance examination. The exam conducting authority releases DNB CET 2019 cut off at the time of result declaration.
The category wise division as per NBE is tabulated below:
|Category||Minimum Cut off Percentage|
DNB CET 2019 Tie Breaker Criteria:
Applicants who score equal marks and rank in the exam are subject to some tie breaker criteria which are tabulated below:
- Applicant who has cleared all MBBS professional Examinations in 1st attempt is preferred.
- Applicant with higher aggregate percentage in all MBBS professional Examinations shall be considered and preferred over others.
- Applicant with higher aggregate marks with respect to the corresponding percentage in 3rd MBBS professional Examination in both the parts shall be placed at higher merit position.
- Applicant with higher aggregate marks (in percentage) in 2nd MBBS professional Examination shall be taken into consideration over others and will hence be placed at higher merit position.
- Applicant with higher aggregate marks (in percentage) in 1st MBBS professional Examination shall be preferred.
DNB CET Counselling 2019
Applicants those who qualify the DNB CET Exam & fulfill the required eligibility criteria will be able to participate in the counseling for allocation of seats on merit-cum-choice-basis. NBE will conduct the centralized counselling for both exams. Counselling will be purely based on merit prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the applicant’s in the exam.
Applicants are required to bring one of the following Govt issued valid identity card in original at the time of counseling:
- PAN card
- Aadhaar Card (with photograph)
- Indian Passport
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
- MCI/SMC Registration certificate bearing photograph of the applicant.
No other ID proof will be accepted
Applicants should bring the given documents in original along with self-attested photocopies:
- Rank Letter.
- MBBS Degree certificate
- DNB CET SS Result Certificate.
- MBBS Degree Certificate.
- Permanent Registration certificate.
- DNB/MD/MS Degree certificate or Provisional pass certificate.
- Matriculation/High School/Higher Secondary Certificate as a proof of Date of Birth.
- Proof of declaration of result
- Proof of training completion
- Any document (Bonafide certificate/Mark sheet/Attempt Certificate etc issued by concerned institution/medical college) confirming the name of the institution/medical college from where the MD/MS qualification was pursued.
- Any other relevant certificate or document.
In case of any query regarding DNB CET 2019, you may leave your comments below in comment box.