Kerala Polytechnic 2018 Application form, Exam dates, Eligibility, Kerala Polytechnic 2018 Admit, Card, Result, Cutoff, Syllabus, Counselling
Kerala Polytechnic 2018 Application Form has been released from 14th May 2018. Kerala Polytechnic is a gateway for numerous polytechnic courses such as diploma in engineering/ technology & diploma in commercial practice/ management. It is a state level examination scheduled by DTE, Kerala. The deserving applicants will get admission based on ranks scored by them. Many applicants apply for this examination to get admission in various govt. & private polytechnic institutions of Kerala. Read the article below to get more info about Kerala Polytechnic 2018.
Kerala Polytechnic 2018 Notification – Application Released
Kerala Polytechnic 2018 Application form has been released from 14th May 2018.
Kerala Polytechnic 2018: Important Dates
The crucial dates have been given in the following table as shown below:
|Online application starts||14th May 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||29th May 2018|
|Last date for Registration of applications at Govt/.Aided Polytechnic Colleges||31st May 2018 (4 PM)|
|Announcement of Ranks and Trial Allotment||7th June 2018|
|Last date for Appeal & Submitting Revised Options||12th June 2018|
|Publication of Final Rank List & First allotment list||16th June 2018|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on First allotment list||20th June 2018 (4 PM)|
|Publication of Second allotment list||25th June 2018|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Second allotment list||29th June 2018|
|Publication of Third allotment list||2nd July 2018|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Third allotment list||7th July 2018 (4 PM)|
|Classes for Ist Semester Begins on||9th July 2018|
|Fourth allotment||11th July 2018|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Fourth allotment list||17th July 2018|
|Spot Admission (If vacancies exist)||20th July 2018|
|Admission closes on||31st July 2018|
The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The applicant should be a native of Kerala or undergone a qualifying examination from an institution in Kerala State or his/her parent should be a permanent employee in Central/State/Quasi Government/Public Sector undertaking in Kerala State.
- The applicant should have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies
- Applicants who have passed qualifying examination with Mathematics, English and Science subjects are eligible to apply for both stream I and stream II.
- Applicants who have passed qualifying examination with Mathematics and English are eligible to apply for stream II.
- Applicant who has taken more than two chances to secure eligibility for higher studies in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examinations is not eligible for admission. Appearances for “Betterment” or “SAY” Examination will not be considered as a chance.
- For CBSE/ICSE applicants the Marks/Grades obtained in Science is considered for calculating grade in science in the place of Physics and Chemistry. In the case of CBSE applicants, only the certificates of Board examination shall be accepted as qualifying certificate and such applicants shall submit an undertaking as shown in annexure XVIII at the time of admission and a copy of the same shall be submitted along with the application.
- Hearing Impaired applicants who have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies with 60dB or above hearing loss in better ear are eligible to apply for admission to Special Batches for Hearing Impaired.
Kerala Polytechnic 2018 Application Form details
The application form for Kerala Polytechnic 2018 will be available from 14th May 2018. The interested applicants can apply online from the official website on or before the last date of application i.e. 29th May 2018. The applicants are required to enter all the correct details as mention in the application form. They also have to pay the application fee. The applicants will get admissions based on their % in board examination, the merit list of the applicants will be prepared then the rank will be allotted to them according to their merit.
Documents to be submitted along with application form (Self-attested copy)
- Domicile Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Income Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Mark sheet of SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination.
Separate applications are required to be filled in the following cases:
- Under NCC quota
- Under Sports quota
- For the management seats under Aided programmes to be submitted at respective Polytechnics
- For regular seats in Government/Government Aided Programmes Government seats in Self Financing Programmes Special batch of Hearing Impaired (HI)
- The application fee is Rs. 100/- per district.
- The application fee for SC/ ST applicants will be Rs.50/-.
- For more than one district, applicant has to pay Rs. 100 for each district. (Rs. 50/- each for SC/ST).
Centralised Allotment Process (CAP)
The Centralised Allotment Process will be done through the Single Window System (SWS) of allotment to give allotment to various programmes and Polytechnic Colleges, based on the options/re-options exercised by the applicants. Applicants can exercise options to a maximum number of 25 of his/her choice (programme and institution combination) eg: chemical engg in Govt. Polytechnic College. Kalamassery can be one option and Mechanical engg in Cherthala Govt. Polytechnic can be another option. Such type of a maximum of 25 options can be given in an application form.. Allotments will be strictly based on the options exercised, Rank obtained and eligible reservations for the applicant. Applicants should register options only to those programmes/ colleges which they are sure to join on allotment. Applicants should join the allotted college/programme remitting required fee and submitting certificates if he/she is allotted with his/her first option, within the stipulated time. If the applicant fails to join the college, he/she will lose the allotment as well as all the existing options to which the allotment belongs. The options once lost will not be available in the subsequent phases. When a new allotment is given to a applicant, the previous allotment if any, shall automatically stands cancelled.
The admit card/hall cards will be released within 1st week of April. Hall ticket contains applicant-related information such as applicant Roll No., Name, Address, Centre and ID proof. Bring Admit card/ hall card with them in the examination. Applicant will be not permitted to enter in the examination hall, if miss-place or didn’t bring hall ticket in the board. Keep the hall ticket safe until the completion of exams.
The syllabus will contain topic which is given below like Mathematics, Chemistry, Statistics, etc subject.
Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism, Communication Systems, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Thermodynamics, Work, Energy, and Power, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Laws of Motion, Rotational Motion, Physics and Measurement, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Kinematics, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Kinetic Theory of Gases
Chemistry in Everyday Life, Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds, Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry, Organic Compounds Containing Halogens, Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Polymer, Biomolecules, Principles related to Practical Chemistry, Hydrogen, d- and f- Block Elements, Co-ordination Compounds, Environmental Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, The States of Matter, Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals, S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals), P-Block Elements, Solutions, Equilibrium, Chemical Thermodynamics
Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem and its Simple Applications, Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability, Three Dimensional Geometry, Mathematical Reasoning, Vector Algebra, Differential Equations, Sequences and Series, Co-ordinate Geometry, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Sets, Relations, and Functions, Permutations and Combinations, Integral Calculus
- Selection of the applicant is based on the grading in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent Examination. For the students who have passed qualifying examination under the old scheme (prior to Grading System), marks are to be converted to 9 point absolute grade.
- The selection list for allotment will be prepared on the basis of the index mark obtained, the option exercised and the reservation criteria if any.
- For applicants who have secured eligibility for higher studies in the second chance, 0.5 score will be deducted as the penal point for index score calculation.
- For the applicants who are the native of backward districts namely Pathanamthitta, Idukki, Malappuram, Wayanad, Kasargod or if they studied in VIII, IX and X standards in schools of the above districts and their qualifying examination centre belongs to above backward district, a bonus point of 1 will be awarded for the index score calculation for their selection in the respective backward district.
- The index score is obtained after subtracting the penal points if any and adding bonus points if any from/to the Total Grade Point Average (TGPA).
- For the admission of the applicants to Polytechnic Colleges, selection is done state wise and applicants have to submit their application as detailed in the prospectus.
The answer key will be released after the examination on 2nd week of May. Applicant can check Kerala Polytechnic answer key in online mode. It will be published by authority in official portal. Answer key will help the applicant to get the rough idea about their performance in the examination and applicant can estimate their score to check whether they are eligible for admission or not.
Applicant can check result in the month of the 2nd week of June.The result will be published by authority in official portal through online. Applicant has to enter their roll no to check result. The final rank list will be released on Last week of June 2018 on the official website. The counselling will start from July 2018 onwards.
A applicant who scores good marks in Examination will be given admission Kerala Polytechnic. The different college has different cut off marks according to category and courses. Cut off marks are based on various factors like Number of Students Appeared for Exam, Exam Difficulty and Availability of Seats.
On the base of merit prepared by the authority, the admission to Kerala state Polytechnic institutions will be provided. The counselling will be based on merit drawn as per the student’s marks in 10th. The selection will be done district-wise.
Documents Required for admission:
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport Size Photographs
- Admit Card & Score Card
- Character certificate
- 10th Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
If Applicant having query regarding Kerala Polytechnic 2018, then you may leave your query down below.