KEAM 2018 Exam: CEE Kerala, Application form, Dates, Eligibility, Admit Card, Result, Application Correction,
KEAM 2018: KEAM (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Exam) 2018 is a state level entrance exam which is organized by the CEE (Commissioner of Entrance Examination), Kerala. KEAM 2018 exam will be organized in several cities of the country. After clearing/passing this exam, applicants will get admission in numerous streams of engineering courses.
Previously this examination was organized for providing admission in medical, engineering, agriculture & many other courses. From 2016 ahead, KEAM exam was arranged to provide admission in engineering courses only. For admission in allied health science courses & medical including agriculture applicant need to qualify the NEET examination, and for architecture course, applicants need to clear the NATA exam. In this article we provide every information related to KEAM 2018: Application form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc.
KEAM Exam – Highlights
KEAM 2018 – Exam Date
Tentative exam date for KEAM 2018 is given in below table. After the official dates get announced we will update it on our website:
|Starting of selling security card along with prospectus||1st February 2018|
|application form release||1st February 2018|
|Last date to apply online||28th February 2018|
|Last date for receipt of Printout of Online Application along with supporting documents||31st March 2018|
|Admit card announced||10th April 2018|
|Paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry)||23rd April 2018 (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Paper 2 (Mathematics)||24th April 2018 (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Result of Engineering Entrance Examination||On or before 25th May 2018|
|Declaration of Rank Lists||On or before 20th June 2018|
KEAM 2018 – Application Form
- Registration for KEAM 2018 will be done by both offline mode as well as online mode.
- Candidates can get the application form for KEAM 2018 from 1st week of January 2018.
- Aspirants are instructed/warned to do not fill more than 1 application form.
- After that applicants need to fill all the required details in the application form carefully.
- After that applicants need to upload their scanned photo, signature & thumb impression in prescribed format.
- Applicants are required to send their printed & filled application form along with all the required documents to the address given below:
Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar,
- Applicants belong to general category need to pay 800/- for application fee whereas applicants belong to SC category need to pay Rs. 400/- for the same.
- For ST applicants there is no application fee.
- Application fee will be made either with Security Card which can be bought/purchased from Demand Draft (DD) or by the selected Post Office .
- The DD should be drawn from a Scheduled/Nationalized Bank, in favor of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable/owed at Thiruvananthapuram.
KEAM Exam – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to check their eligibility criteria for the courses they want to apply:
- Applicant must be Indian citizens then he/she is eligible to apply for this exam.
- OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)/ PIO (Persons of Indian Origins) are also eligible to apply for this exam.
- Applicants belong to Kerala state are categorized as Non-Keralite category I and Non-Keralite Category II, Keralite.
- Minimum Age: Applicants having age of 17 years as on or before 31st of December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: No upper age limit for this exam.
- Qualification:Applicants looking for admission in engineering courses must have complete their 10+2 or alike exam from any well-known board.
- Percentage:Applicant need to secure minimum 50% of marks in PCM subjects and also need to secure minimum 50% of marks in mathematics individually.
- Appearing Candidates: Applicants those who are appearing in their Higher Secondary exam are also eligible to apply for the exam.
KEAM 2018 – Exam Pattern
- Mode: Exam will be conducted via offline mode (i.e. using pen & paper based mode).
- Number of papers: Examination will be held in 2 papers.
- Duration: Total time duration given is 5 hours, i.e. 2+1/2 hour for each paper.
- Types of question: MCQ’s (Multiple choice Question).
- Total questions: Each paper contain 120 Questions which means paper contain total 240 question.
- Marking Scheme: For each and every right answer applicants will be rewarded with 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: For each and every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted for the same.
|Paper||Subject||Total Questions||Mark Scheme||Duration|
|Paper I||Physics & Chemistry||120||1 * 4=480||2:30 hour (i.e. 150 minutes)|
|Paper II||Mathematics||120||1 * 4=480||2:30 hour (i.e. 150 minutes)|
KEAM Exam – Syllabus
- The Syllabus will contain several topics from subjects like PCM (physics, chemistry and mathematics) subjects.
- The standard of the KEAM 2018 examination will be of 12th or alike exam.
- Applicants need to prepare for the exam from the above mentioned topics (i.e. PCM).
- Applicants are advised that questions are not based on NCERT textbook or other textbook.
How to Prepare for KEAM
- firstly make a study time-table and follow that table strictly.
- Know all your syllabus to the depth and prepare according to the syllabus.
- Applicants can also check the previous year’s paper to know the examination pattern and the type of questions asked in the examination.
- Follow the good books & study materials while preparing for the examination.
- Take a healthy diet & proper sleep during the preparations of exam.
KEAM 2018 – Admit Card
Admit card for KEAM 2018 will be available via online mode from the official website. Applicants will get their admit card in the last week of March 2018. Applicants will be needed to enter their DOB and application number to download their admit card. Admit card will not be send by post or any means to any applicant. Applicant personal details and details of exam centre/venue, exam time, exam date, etc. will be mentioned in their admit card.
Steps to Download KEAM 2018 Admit Card
- The candidates will have to login using their KEAM 2018 application number and date of birth.
- Click on Submit button
- All details present in the admit card must be cross-checked before downloading it.
- Print out of the downloaded admit card has to be taken.
KEAM 2018 – Exam Centres
The examination of KEAM will be held across 18 cities of India and Dubai. While filling the application form, the candidates will be able to select their preferred KEAM examination centre from the provided list.
List of Exam Centres
|S.No||KEAM 2018 Exam Centres|
KEAM 2018 – Answer Key
Answer Key for KEAM will be available after the few days of exam. Applicants can check the answer key from the official website. With the help of answer key, applicant can verify their marks. For making any complaints related to the answer key, applicants need to pay Rs. 100/- per question before the last date. The fee can be paid via Demand Draft drawn in the favor of CEE, owed/payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
KEAM 2018 – Cutoff
The cutoff of KEAM will be published by the concerned authorities after the end of each round of counselling. The minimum marks required for admissions into the participating institutes will be listed out in the released cutoff. Those candidates who meet the determined cutoff will have high chances of being allotted through KEAM 2018. The opening and closing ranks of the various participating institutes, categories and branches will be available in KEAM cutoff.
KEAM 2018 – Result
Result for KEAM 2018 will be published in the 4th week of May 2018. Applicants can check their results through online mode from the official website. A separate merit list will be organized for all the courses on the basis of marks grab/secured by the applicant. Merit list will be organized/arranged on the basis of 50:50 criteria, i.e. 50% for marks secured in the KEAM 2018 exam and 50% for marks secured in the qualifying examination.
Steps to Check KEAM 2018 Result
- The candidates will have to submit their KEAM application number and password.
- Click on “Submit”
- The result will be displayed on the screen. The candidates will have to download and print out the KEAM result 2018 for future reference.
KEAM Exam – Rank Predictor
Admission in engineering courses will be done on the basis of rank secured by the applicants in KEAM entrance examination. On the basis of final merit list the KEAM rank card will be made. Applicants can predict their rank with the help of rank predictor.
KEAM 2018 – Counselling
Admission Process for KEAM will be began after the merit list get released. The process of seats allocation will be prepared by CAP (Centralized Allotment Process). It will be done via SWS (Single Window System). In the counselling process, applicants need to fill the colleges/stream of their choices and lock the choices. Seats will be allotted to applicants as per the rank secured in merit list, availability of seats in colleges & filled choices. After the seat allotment procedure, applicants are required to appear at their allotted college to complete their admission process.
KEAM Exam – Seat Allotment
Allotment of seats will be done through a Centralized Allotment Process (CAP). A mock allotment round will be held through which the candidates will be able to know the process works and change their preferences accordingly. Allotment of seats will be done based on the ranking of the candidates in the released rank list and his/her preference of college and course. A list of the allotted candidates and their institutes will be published in online mode. All of the selected candidates will have to report at their allotted institutes within the specified time. Document verification and payment of tuition fees have to be done to confirm the admission.
KEAM Exam – Seat Reservation
Apart from the All India Quota seats, a number of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to various categories. The breakdown of the reserved seats is given below for the candidates.
Reserved Seats for KEAM 2018
|S.No||Categories||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|1||State Merit (SM)||60%|
|2||Socially and Educationally Backward Classes||30%|
If any applicant having any query related to KEAM 2018, then feel free to leave your query below in the comment box.