Karnataka PGCET 2018: Application form, Dates, Karnataka PGCET 2018 Eligibility
Karnataka PGCET 2018: Karnataka PGCET (Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test) 2018 is the state level entrance test organized by the KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority). The examination is commenced/originated for giving admission to part-time and full-time PG courses offered by private aided/government/private un-aided educational establishments/institutions situated in Karnataka. The exam is held once in a year. In this article we provide the complete information related to Karnataka PGCET 2018: Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Admission procedure etc.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Exam Dates
Here we provide tentative dates of Karnataka PGCET 2018 below:
|Online Application Form starts from||1st week of July 2018|
|Payment of Fees in the specified bank Starts from||1st week of July 2018|
|Last date for online application||Last week of July 2018|
|Last date to pay the application fees||Last week of July 2018|
|Downloading of Admission ticket||August 2018|
|Exam Date||1st week of August 2018|
|Announcement of Result||3rd week of August 2018|
|Counselling process starts from||1st week of September 2018|
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application Form
Karnataka Examinations Authority announces the Karnataka PGCET 2018 application form 1st week of July, 2018 (tentatively). Interested applicants can apply online via official portal of Karnataka Examinations Authority for filling their application form. Fill all the details in the application form carefully and upload color passport size photograph along with signature in JPEG format. All the candidates are recommended to keep safe your registration ID and password for future use.
- Applicants belong to OBC and General Candidates need to pay 650 as an application fee.
- Applicants belong to SC/ST Category Candidates need to pay 500 for the same.
Fee can be paid via E-challan deposited in any of the branch of SBM (state bank of Mysore). Applicants can also pay their application fee by using E-payment post offices.
- Quality Improvement Programme (QIP)
- Part-Time M.Tech
- First year Full-Time MBA
- First year Part-Time MBA
- Second Year MCA programme
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Eligibility
To appear in this entrance exam, applicants need to satisfy all the eligibility rules/criteria which is discussed below:
- Candidate should be the Karnataka resident/local and meets the domicileobligations/requirements of Karnataka state.
- Applicants those who completed minimum 7 years of their academic qualification (i.e. from class I) from the institutions/establishments of Karnataka are eligible for this exam.
- If applicants want to take admission in Techprogramme, then minimum 50%of marks are required in B.E./B.Tech (for general category applicants) whereas applicants belong to SC/ST and Category-I need to secure minimum 45% of marks for same. And same marks criteria is needed to take admission in MBA programme.
- Applicants those who complete their undergraduate examination with Mathematics/ Computer Programming/Statistics/Computer Applications/ Business Mathematics/Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects by securing minimum 50% ofmarks are eligible to apply for full-time MCAcourse (for general category applicants) whereas applicants belong to SC/ST and Category – I need to secure minimum 45% of marks to get eligible for the same.
- For lateral/side entry to MCA programme, then applicants must have to complete B.Sc (IT/CS)/BCA along with Mathematics at graduate level by securing minimum 50% of marks to get eligible (for general category applicants) whereas applicants belong to SC/ST and Category – I need to secure minimum 45% of marks to get eligible for the same.
Eligibility For Different Courses Check Below:
Eligibility Conditions for MCA
Candidates, who have completed undergraduate or its equivalent exam with securing minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates) in the qualifying exam, are permitted to apply.
Eligibility Conditions for MCA (Lateral Entry)
Candidates should have completed a recognized BCA or B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) with obtaining minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates).
Eligibility Conditions for Part Time/Full Time MBA Program
Candidates should have cleared a recognized three `years duration Graduation degree or its equivalent exam. They need to obtain at least 50% marks (45% marks in QE in for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates) in the qualifying exam.
Eligibility Conditions for M.Tech/ME/M.Arch (Part Time/Full Time)
Candidates should hold Graduation or its equivalent degree along with obtaining 50% marks (45% for QE for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates). Along with that, they should hold genuine GATE score card.
Applicants those who having valid GATE score card are not required to appear PGCET 2018 entrance examination but they have to apply online for application.
Applicants those who are not the origin of Karnataka are eligible for admission to those MBA/MCA seats which are surrendered by the management.
Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern
The question paper will be in different versions. The Exam pattern is given here:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held through offline mode (Pen-Paper Based).
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English language only.
- Type of Question: The question will be of (Objective) Multiple Choice type.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination for each course.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 2½ hours.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given to the candidate for correct answer in MBA exam. In MCA & ME/M.Tech/M.Arch, for PART I one mark & for PART II two marks will be allotted for correct response.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
|Courses||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
PGCET Karnataka 2018 Hall Ticket
Applicants will able to download their hall ticket/ admission ticket from the official portal of Karnataka Examinations Authority. To download your hall ticket, you are required to enter the application number and DOB in the given space. At last applicants are required to take a hard-copy (printout) of hall ticket for future use.
Karnataka PGCET Syllabus
PGCET MBA 2018 will be divided into 4 sections. The syllabus for the exam is as follows:
(Section – A) Proficiency in English Language:
- One word Substitution
- Idioms and phrases
- Pairs expressing relationships
- Famous Books in English Literature
- Sentence Correction
(Section – B) General Knowledge:
- Indian Business Environment
- Global Environment
- Social Events
- Cultural Events
- Political Events
- Historical Events
- Current Affairs
- Personalities and Achievements
- Science and Technology
(Section – C) Test of Reasoning and General Intelligence
- Verbal Ability
- Analytical Ability
- Related Aspects
(Section – D) Quantitative Analysis
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Related Quantitative Aspects
- Time play a very important role in the exam preparation. Students have to manage their time well.
- Prepare a study plan for each day to given equal amount of time for each subject.
- Go through the previous years question paper & familiarize yourself with nature of questions.
- Solve online tests to know the exact procedures.
- Start early to cover all the chapters & subjects & give sufficient time for practice.
- Choose good study material & books for exam preparation.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Result
Result for Karnataka PGCET 2018 is publishes by KEA in 3rd week of August (tentatively). Applicants will check their results from the official portal of the KEA. Merit list will be prepared and published on the basis of marks that applicants have scored in the examination.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Counselling
It is compulsory for the applicants to attend counselling for Karnataka PGCET 2018 in person for the allotment of seats. Choice for the college branch and college will be implemented on the counselling day only. Seats are allotted on the basis of marks secured by applicants in this entrance exam. Counselling procedure will be starts from 1st week of December (tentative).
Documents required at the time Counselling:
- SSLC or 10th standard or equivalent examination Mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard or qualifying examination Mark Sheet
- Study Certificate
- Passing Degree Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Valid Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate (If candidate claiming to Caste reservation)
- Domicile Certificate
- Physically Disabled Certificate (if Applicable)
If any applicant having any query related to Karnataka PGCET 2018, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.