UP PCS 2019 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
UP PCS 2019: UPPSC (Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission) releases the notification for the various vacancies in PCS (Provincial Civil services). Candidates, those who want to start their career as civil servants, can apply for UP PSC PCS exam. Every year UP PCS examination is conducted for the posts of civil, servants. Through this examination, candidates will be appointed in various departments under the state government of Uttar Pradesh. UP PCS 2019 Prelims exam will be scheduled to be conducted in the month of June, 2019 (tentative) and for UP PCS 2019 Main will be conducted in the month of November, 2019. Candidates are advised to fill their application form prior due dates.
Important Dates (Tentative)
Check Exam Schedule for UP PCS 2019 Prelims exam:
|Name of the events of the PCS 2019 Exam||Prelims|
|Publication of official notification||January 2019|
|Closing date to submit application forms||February 2019|
|Issue of the admit card||March/April 2019|
|Date of written examination (UP PCS 2019 Exam)||June 2019|
|Results declaration||July 2019|
Check Exam Schedule for UP PCS 2019 Prelims exam
|Name of the events of the PCS 2019 Exam||Mains|
|Publication of official notification||August 2019|
|Closing date to submit application forms||September 2019|
|Issue of the admit card||October 2019|
|Date of written examination (UP PCS 2019 Exam)||November 2019|
|Results declaration||December/January 2020|
- The UP PSC PCS application form will be available via online mode on the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Public service Commission.
- Candidates can visit the official portal of UPPSC is ‘up.nic.in’.
- Candidates will have to enter the required details such as their name and address, valid email ID and phone number etc in the application form.
- Uploading the scanned images like photograph and signature in the application form is necessary.
- Remit the application fee via online payment through DR/CR Card/Net banking/challan.
- The last step involves take a printout of the application form and save the registration number and the password generated online.
- Candidates must be citizen of India in order to apply for UP PCS 2019.
- Candidates must hold the bachelor degree of 3yrs from a recognized university.
- Candidates from any stream background will be eligible to apply for the examination.
- Domicile of Uttar Pradesh is required.
- The age of the candidates must lie between 21 years – 40 years.
- Upper age relaxation will be provided to the reserved candidates.
UP PCS 2019 Exam Pattern
UP PCS is divided into three categories
Note- Candidates those who qualify the Prelims exam will be eligible to give examination form UP PCS 2019 Mains
Exam Pattern (Prelims)
- The UP PCS 2019 Preliminary examination will comprise of two question papers.
- The question paper will be of the objective type in nature.
- There will be a provision for negative marking i.e. 1/4th marks will be deducted for every wrong answer Preliminary examination.
|Name of the Question Paper||Number of questions||Total marks||Total time|
|General Study||100||200 (2 marks for each question)||2 Hour|
|CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)||80||200 (2.5 marks for each question)||2 Hours|
Exam Pattern (Mains)
- UP PCS 2019 Mains will comprise of 8 question papers.
- The first and the second question paper will be of General studies.
- There will be 4 question papers of the two optional subjects which candidates have to choose from the list of subjects given in the official notification.
- Candidates will have to write 3 essays in the question paper of the essay writing.
- There will be the question paper of Hindi language too.
- Candidates need to qualify the question paper of the English language as well.
- All the mains question paper will be descriptive in nature.
There is no as such specific pattern and syllabus for the UP PCS interview. Candidates must be aware of their state, surroundings, and should have a good knowledge about contemporary issues. Candidate should be communicative during interview and must keep their views openly before the interview board.
UP PCS 2019 Admit Card
- The UP PCS admit card will be available on the official website of the exam conducting authority via online mode.
- Candidates can download their UP PCS Admit card from the official website. The admit card will contain all the details about the examination, venue and date of the examination, the reporting time etc.
- It will be compulsory for all the candidates to take admit card at the examination venue otherwise they will not be permitted to give the examination.
- Result of preliminary examination will get disclosed after the commencement of the examination.
- After qualifying the preliminary examination, candidates will be eligible to apply and appear in the UP PCS 2019 Main examination.
- Candidates will get the final result of the Main examination (written) and interview.
- The result will publish on the official portal of UP PSC.
UP PCS 2019 Syllabus
PAPER – I General Studies-I (200 marks); Duration: 2hrs
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject spec
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Science
PAPER- II General Studies-II (200 marks); Duration: 2 hrs
- General English Upto Class X level.
- General Hindi Upto Class X level.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
History of India and Indian National Movement: – In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement.In History emphasis should be on broad understanding economic, social and political aspects of Indian history( growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence).
Current events of national and international importance: – candidates should have a good knowledge about Current Events of National and International importance,
Indian Polity and Governance:- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, candidate economic and culture, questions will be tested, country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development and some special features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Indian and world Geography: – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World involves World Geography only general understanding related to the Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
General Science: – Will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Economic and Social Development: – Poverty, Inclusion, Sustainable Development, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Urbanization and Environment. General issues on Environmental ecology, Climate Change & Bio-diversity –which do not require subject specialization. Only General awareness of the subject will be required and expected from the candidates.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations & Remainder theorem.
- Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
- Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers etc.
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound interests
- Work and Time.
- Constructions and theorems, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area, regarding triangle
- Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
Statistics:- Collection of data, Classification of data, tabulation, cumulative frequency frequency, frequency distribution.Representation of data – Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode, Pie chart, Bar diagram, histogram, frequency polygon, comulative frequency curves (ogives)
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
- हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
- शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
- संधि, समास,
- विलोम शब्द,
- अनेकार्थी शब्द,
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
- हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
- उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ
If any applicant having query regarding UP PCS 2019, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.