SSC JE 2019: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is going to release a notification regarding SSC JE. The Junior Engineer (JE) exam is a competitive examination conducted to recruit eligible applicants for the posts of Junior Engineers Group B Non-Gazetted in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Quality and Quantity Assurance in Central Government departments. The application process for SSC JE will likely to be start in the month of October 2018. Recruitment process of SSC JE 2019 involves a two stage selection procedure i.e. – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 of SSC JE is an objective type computer based test while the paper 2 is a descriptive test. Applicants qualifying paper 1 as per the minimum qualifying standards will be eligible to appear for Paper 2, dates of which will be announced later. Applicants should be in the age group of 18-32 years and possess a degree/diploma in Engineering to apply for the SSC JE recruitment process. Read complete details of SSC JE 2019 exam from the article below.
Salient Features of the SSC JE 2019 Exam
SSC JE Important Dates 2019
SSC will conduct SSC JE 2019 Paper 1 and Paper 2 in January and April resp. SSC will release the SSC JE notification 2019 in October 2018 and the application form of SSC JE 2019 will be made available from October 2018. The last date to fill SSC JE application form will be November 2018. Applicants can check the table below for all important dates of SSC JE 2019 recruitment.
|Release of the notification||October 2018|
|Release of application form||October 2018|
|The last date to fill the application form||November 2018|
|The last date to pay the application fee (Online)||November 2018|
|The last date to pay the application fee (Offline)||November 2018|
|Editing and Correction of SSC Junior engineer application||November 2018|
|Release of E- admit card (Paper I)||January 2019|
|Date of computer based test (Paper I)||January 2019|
|Declaration of Paper 1 Result||April 2019|
|SSC JE 2019 Paper 2 – Descriptive Test||April 2019|
|Declaration of SSC JE 2019 Paper 2 Result||To be notified later|
|Declaration of final result of SSC JE||To be notified later|
SSC JE Eligibility Criteria 2019
Staff Selection Commission has fixed criteria that applicants have to follow if they are interested in filling SSC JE 2019 Online Form. This educational and age limit is set by SSC department for JE Exam. The applicants who come under the eligibility quota can fill the online application form for SSC JE 2019 vacancy. To check whether you are eligible or not, read the criteria mentioned below here:
Educational Qualification (As on 1st January 2020): The educational qualification for SSC JE recruitment will have two sub-categories. The applicants who want to apply for SSC JE Civil jobs and SSC JE Mechanical and Electrical must be eligible as:
- Junior Engineer (Civil): CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil): Department of Posts – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical): CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical): Department of Posts- B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical): Central Water Commission – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical): MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in electrical/mechanical engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (Civil): MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in civil engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (QS&C): MES – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute OR Passed an Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyors (India).
SSC JE 2019 Age Limit
Age Limit (as on 1st January 2020): The Applicants should be between 18 to 32 years of age to apply for the SSC JE 2019 Recruitment. The relaxation in age will be applicable as per government rules in Staff Selection Commission. In SSC JE vacancy, the different posts have different age limits that are expressed here.
- For Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical), Central Water Commission and CPWD the applicant’s age must be equal or less than 32 years.
- For Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical), MES applicant’s age should not be exceed 30 years.
- For Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical), Department of Post and Junior Engineer (Surveying and contract), MES applicant’s age should be between 18 to 27 years.
Note: Applicants are advised to check SSC JE 2019 Notification to get more details about age limit and age relaxation.
Nationality: Only a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 to settle in India and people of Indian Origin who migrated to from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam to settle in India.
SSC JE Application Form 2019
The online application process for SSC JE available in October and continue till November 2018.The application form of SSC JE consists of two parts i.e. part 1 and 2. Part 1 includes generation of registration number and password while part 2 includes applying for the exam by entering category, post and qualification details.
- To begin the application process, in part 1 applicants have to first register for SSC JE 2019 by submitting their name, father’s name, mother’s name, 10th board examination roll no, date of birth, gender besides contact and other basic details.
- Once the registration number is generated, applicants can start applying by entering their registration number and password.
- In part 2, applicants also have to submit scanned images of their photograph and signature besides paying the application fee of Rs. 100.
- The payment of application fee for Junior engineer can be done through online and offline mode. Applicants paying by cash will have to generate and print a copy of the SBI Challan and those paying online will have to complete both parts of the application form to complete the payment.
- Female applicants, applicants from SC/ST, physically handicapped and ex-serviceman are exempted from paying application fees.
SSC JE Admit Card 2019
The admit card for SSC JE 2019 Paper 1 will be release in 1st week of January and for SSC JE Paper 2 is expected to be released in first week of April. SSC JE admit card 2019 will be issued region wise for Paper 2 scheduled to be held in April. The SSC JE admit card was released on the commissions’ website. Applicants were able to download their hall ticket with the help of their roll number and date of birth. The SSC JE Paper 1 will be held in the month of January. Applicants who had qualified Paper 1 are only able to appear for paper 2 of SSC JE 2019. All the applicants will have to carry a printout of SSC Junior engineer 2019 admit card to the exam centre without which they will be barred from sitting in the exam.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019
The exam pattern of SSC JE paper 1 and Paper 2 of SSC Junior engineer recruitment had been announced by SSC along with the official notification. The exam pattern for each stage of SSC JE is different. Paper 1 is an objective computer based test while SSC JE paper 2 is descriptive. The overview of exam pattern for each stage is as given below.
SSC JE 2019 Paper 1 Pattern
|Papers||Mode of Examination||Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration & Timings|
|Paper-I Objective type||Computer Based Test||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 Hours|
Morning shift [10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon]
Afternoon Shift [2.00 PM to 4.00 PM]
|Part – A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) Or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||100|
SCC JE 2019 Paper 2 Pattern
|Paper||Mode of exam||Subjects||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-II Conventional Type||Written||Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)|
Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
SSC JE Syllabus 2019
The syllabus of SSC Junior Engineer 2019 recruitment is based on the exam pattern and sections included in the stage. The subjects for each stage of JE 2019 will vary from each other and the applicants will be required to prepare for the examination as per the syllabus of SSC JE 2019 issued by the commission. Applicants can check the syllabus for paper 1 as given below.
General Intelligence & Reasoning: The syllabus for General Intelligence includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc.
General Awareness: Questions will be aimed at testing the applicant’s general awareness of the environment around him/her and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
General Engineering (Civil and Structural), (Electrical & Mechanical)
- Part-A (Civil Engineering)– Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering. Structural Engineering: Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design.
- Part-B (Electrical Engineering)– Basic concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments, Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and Costing, Utilization and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics.
- Part-C (Mechanical Engineering)– Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
SSC JE Sample Papers 2019
Sample papers of SSC JE 2019 will help applicants in their preparation for the examination along with understanding the type of questions that may be asked in the exam. Applicants appearing for SSC JE 2019 should regularly solve the sample papers to increase their level of preparation and practice for the exam. The sample papers are available in two modes – online as test series and offline as questions booklets and test papers.
SSC JE Answer Key 2019
The answer key of Paper 1 of SSC JE is expected to be released in February. The provisional/ tentative SSC JE answer key of Paper 1 will be released online. The SSC JE answer key is released for all the subjects in two stages – provisional and final. Applicants appearing in the exam will be able to download the answer key with the help of their roll number, password and date on which the applicant appeared for the exam. Applicants will be able to challenge the provisional answer key through an online objection form that has been released by the commission. The answer key of SSC Junior engineer will help applicants calculate their probable score and analyze their performance in the exam. Applicants can check details about the answer key of SSC Junior engineer from the given link.
SSC JE Result 2019
The result for each stage of SSC JE recruitment process will be declared by the commission. SSC will release the result for SSC JE Paper 1 in the month of April. Applicants those who secure the qualifying marks in paper 1 of SSC JE will only be able to appear for SSC JE 2019 Paper 2. The final result of SSC JE 2019 will be prepared on the basis of the applicant’s performance in Paper 1 and Paper 2. The result will be declared in the form of a pdf file with the roll numbers of all the qualified applicants.
SSC JE Cut off 2019
SSC JE Cut off 2019 is the minimum qualifying marks set by the exam conducting body to select applicants for the next level of the recruitment process. Applicants who have secured the SSC JE cut off in paper 1 have qualified to appear for Paper 2. The category-wise cut off list of SSC JE will be made available along with the declaration of SSC JE result 2019.
SSC JE Selection Procedure 2019
There will be two stages for the selection of candidates. The candidates will have to obtain passing at least passing marks for being selected in SSC JE posts. These two stages are given below:
Stage 1: Computer Based Test
- Computer Based Test (CBT) will be organized for Paper-I.
- The Paper-I of SSC JE will be of Objective type.
- The paper first will carry 200 marks in total containing General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness,
- Part A: General Engineering (Civil and Structural)
- Part B: General Engineering (Electrical) and
- Part C: General Engineering (Mechanical)
- Applicants who are shortlisted on the basis of performance in Paper-I will be called for Paper –II (Conventional Type)
- The Paper –I will be conducted in January 2019
Stage 2: Written Examination
- The Paper II will be conventional type
- The paper second will carry total 300 marks.
- Part A: General Engineering (Civil and Structural)
- Part B: General Engineering (Electrical)
- Part C: General Engineering (Mechanical)
The Final assortment of applicants will be confirmed on the basis of the marks obtained by the applicants in both Paper-I and Paper-II. The preferences of the posts entered by the candidates will also be given due prominence. Provision to the departments will be completed on the basis of merit.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
Staff Selection Commission
Block No-12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110091
If any Applicant having query regarding SSC JE 2019, then you may leave your query down below.