JIPMER PG 2018 Application, Exam Dates, JIPMER 2018 Eligibility, Counselling
JIPMER PG 2018: JIPMER PG stands for Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Post Graduate Entrance Exam. It has emerged as one of the top best 5 medical institutes in the country and is assured to become the global giant in the health sector. One of the leading Medical Institutions of India is Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry. JIPMER provides best health care facilities to the community free of cost of all broad specialties and super specialties. It caters to the need of the poor as well as the rich. JIPMER is recognized by MCI as the center of excellence in medical education.
Applications are invited by JIPMER from Resident Indian Nationals including OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) for admission to the MD/MS courses in 22 specializations for July, 2018 Session. In this article, you would find details on JIPMER PG 2018 (MD / MS) Medical Exams such as its exam dates, application form, syllabus exam pattern and latest news.
JIPMER 2018 Overview
JIPMER PG 2018 Exam Dates
Check the exam dates of JIPMER PG 2018 from the below table:
For January Session (MD/MS & DM/MCh Courses):
|Online registration start||11th September 2017|
|Last date of online registration||20th October 2017 (5:00 PM)|
|Availability of hall ticket||1st November to 19th November 2017|
|Date of Exam|
|MD/MS Courses||19th November 2017(10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|DM/MCh Courses||19th November 2017 (3:00 PM to 4:30 PM)|
|Publication of merit list||On or Before 30th December 2017|
For July Session:
|Online registration starts from||2nd week of March 2018|
|Closing date of registration||3rd week of April 2018|
|Commencement of exam||3rd week of May 2018|
|1st counselling||2nd week of June 2018|
|2nd counselling||2nd week of July 2018|
|3rd counselling||Last week of July 2018|
JIPMER PG 2018 Application Form
Follow are the JIPMER PG Application Form
- Those of you trying to get admission through entrance examination need to apply online through the official website www.jipmer.edu.in which will be available from Last week of March, 2018 till May, 2018. The last date to submit the application form will be 1st week of May, 2018. Click on “Apply on-line MD/MS admission – July 2018”.
- It is advised to read the prospectus and instructions carefully. You need to fill in all necessary details in the form and make the payment.
- Mode of Payment is only through Net-Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card Payment through computer generated challan form in any branch of State Bank of India. You are advised to read the terms properly before starting online registration.
- The application Fee is Rs.1000/- for UR/ OBC/ Sponsored applicants and Rs.800/- for SC /ST/ OPH.
JIPMER PG 2018 Exam Eligibility Criteria
- You need to be a resident of India. All overseas citizen of India are also eligible and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian nationals are applicable to them. Proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 needs to be provided at the time of counselling. Non-reliable Indian are also eligible to apply.
- Foreign individuals are required to apply through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Permission is needed from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institutes well as apply for temporary registration for the duration of the postgraduate study.
- MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India should be possessed.
- Also, 12 months of compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 30th June 2018 is desired. (*Those of you not completing the internship on or before Last week of June 2018 need not apply for July 2018 session. No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date will be accepted).
- The application fee can be remitted through Net Banking/Credit card/Debit card only.
- The application fee for UR/OBC/OCI/Sponsored was Rs. 1500/-.
- For SC/ST applicants, the application fee was Rs. 1200/-.
- For NRI applicants, the application fee was Rs. 3000/-.
- OPH applicants are exempted from the application fee.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern for MD/MS courses is given below:
- Mode of Exam:JIPMER PG is the single-shift online based exam.
- Duration of Exam:The duration of the whole examination is 180 minutes.
- Type of Exam:The question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Language:The question paper will be asked in English language only.
- Numbers of Questions:There are total 250 questions in the test.
- Marking Scheme:4 marks will be given for each correct response.
- Negative marking:1 mark will be deducted for choosing a wrong response.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Basic Clinical Sciences (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology).||100|
|Clinical Sciences (Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Radio therapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine).||150|
JIPMER PG 2018 Admit Card
The admit cards of JIPMER PG 2018 for July session will be available from May 2018. Admit card 2018 will be released through online mode only. Applicant can visit the official website of JIMPER & download the admit card by just enter the application number & password. The admit card consisted of applicant’s detail such as name, application number, date of birth, exam center address etc.
Still having Query Leave Your Query Here
JIPMER PG Result 2018
The result of JIPMER PG 2018 for July session will be declared on May, 2018. JIPMER Exam authorities will declare the results through online mode. Applicants need to download the result by visiting the official site. JIPMER PG 2018 result will be released for those applicants only who will secure a minimum of qualifying marks or percentile in the entrance exam. The qualifying marks or percentile for general category applicant is 50. However, applicants belonging to Schedule Castes, Schedules Tribes and Other Backward Classes including OPH, the minimum qualifying percentile are 40. In respect of Unreserved Orthopaedic Physically Challenged (OPH) applicants, 45 shall be the minimum percentile.
JIPMER PG Merit List 2018
JIMPER PG 2018 results will get declared on basis of merit list. All India Rank, marks obtained etc. the merit list will be based on the percentile method. The validity of merit list will only be until the current academic session and cannot be forwarded to the next session.
After checking the score card, they need to check the merit list (All India Ranking). JIMPER exam authorities will declare the list online, applicants need to download the rank list. As colleges declare their own cut-outs, so based on the merit list, applicants will be called for next session of counselling round.
JIPMER PG 2018 Counselling Procedure
JIPMER PG 2018 Counselling will be conducted in three rounds including the open selection round. Qualified applicants will be called in batches as per their reservation roster point. Counselling will be done in offline mode at University Campus at Pondicherry. The first round of counselling will be on June, 2018, followed by second and third counselling on July, 2018.
Biometric finger print and image verifications of the applicant will be done on the day of counselling. If there is a mismatch, the applicant will NOT be permitted to attend the counselling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
Original documents required at the time of counselling:
- Hall Ticket of JIPMER PG 2018
- Rank Letter
- DOB Certificates
- ID proof
- Internship completion certificate
- MBBS Mark Statement
- MBBS degree or Provisional Pass certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Registration Certificate
- Residence certificate
- Category Certificate
- Proof of Registration as OCI
- 4 Passport size color photo.
The exam will be conducted in the following cities:
Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, New Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Puducherry, Chennai, Trivandrum, Kolkata, Vijayawada.
If any applicant having query regarding JIPMER PG 2018, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.