JIPMER MBBS 2018: Application Form, Dates, JIPMER 2018 Eligibility, Syllabus
JIPMER MBBS 2018: JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research) is one of the premier institutions in the field of medical education in India. It organizes JIPMER MBBS entrance exam for admission into MBBS course in 200 seats. These courses are provided by the JIPMER, Puducherry & JIPMER, Karaikal. Here in this article we are providing information related to JIPMER MBBS 2018 including JIPMER MBBS details, result, counselling, and admission.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam Dates
JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam dates are as the following:
|Online application form starts||March, 2018|
|Last date to submit the online application||May, 2018|
|Admit card release||May, 2018|
|Exam date||June, 2018 (Morning shift – 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.) & (Afternoon shift – 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)|
|Merit List announcement||June, 2018|
|Rank letter release||June, 2018|
|First Counselling||June, 2018|
|Second Counselling||July, 2018|
|Third Counselling||August, 2018|
|Admission Formalities & issue of admission letter||July, 2018|
|Open Counselling||September, 2018|
|Close of Admission||September, 2018|
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Application Form
- Applicants who want to apply for JIMPER 2018 exam are required to apply only through the online process.
- The JIPMER MBBS 2018 Application Form was available from May, 2018.
- Applicants can fill and submit the application form through the official site of JIPMER.
- After submitting the application form, no changes was entertained.
- The fee payment was made only through debit/ credit card or net banking.
- After filling the form, applicants have to pay the application fees of Rs 1200/- for the applicants belonging to general/OBC/P-UR/P-OBC category, and Rs 1000/- for the reserved category applicants (SC/ST/P-Sc). Fee for NRI/OCI applicants is Rs. 2500/-.
- OPH/P-OPH applicants was exempted from application fee.
- Applicants can pay the fee through online mode only (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card).
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility norms for MBBS course is mentioned below:
- Applicants must be an Indian National.
- OCI and NRI applicants are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission i.e. must born on or before 1st January 2001. There is not any relaxation on age limit for reserved categories.
- Students must have passed/appearing 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects.
- The applicant should have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and should have scored minimum 50% marks in PCB (for general) and 40% marks (for SC/ST /OBC/ OPH (reserved).
- General OPH applicants have to secure minimum 45% marks in the above mentioned subjects.
JIPMER Exam Pattern
- Language: The exam was conducted in English medium.
- Number of Questions: The question paper was contain 200 multiple choice questions.
- Mode of Exam: The exam was organized through CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Negative Marking: There was no negative marking in this exam.
- Marking Scheme: One mark was given for each correct response.
The MBBS exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
|English and Comprehension||10|
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Entrance Exam Centre (Zone-Wise)
Ambala, Dehradun, Delhi NCR, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Lucknow, Meerut, Mathura, Mohali, Ranchi.
Bengaluru, Belgaum, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad, Kurnool, Mangalore, Mysore, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Puducherry, Rajahmundry, Salem, Tirunelveli, Thiruvannamalai, Trichy, Thoothukudi, Trivandrum, Trissur, Kottayam, Vijayawada, Visakhapatinam, Vizianagaram.
Asansol, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Howrah, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Kalyani, Kolkata.
Bhopal, Gandhi Nagar (Gujarat), Mumbai, Nagpur.
The syllabus for MBBS entrance exam was based on the syllabus prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards. The questions was asked from different topics such as physics, chemistry, Biology, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning and English and Comprehension.
- Solid State
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- aldehyde, Ketone and Carboxylic Acids
- Surface Chemistry
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Diversity of Living Organisms
- Cell Structure and Function
- Ecology and Environment
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Plant Physiology
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Section A: Reading Unseen Passages and Note-making
- Section B: Writing Skills
- Section C: Literature and Long Reading Text
If you have query Leave Comment here
JIPMER Admit Card 2018
The JIPMER MBBS 2018 Admit Card was available for download from May (10:00 a.m.) to June 2018 (8:00 a.m.). Students can download the admit card through the official website of JIPMER. The admit card was not be sent by post system. The admit card was contain details like applicants name, date of birth, photo, signature, exam center and roll number.
No applicants was allowed to enter in the examination hall until he/she produce the hall ticket. Students must bring one original (and photocopy) ID proof along with admit card.
JIPMER 2018 Result
Applicants can check the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Result through the official site of JIPMER. Result was provided to students on June 2018. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of percentile and marks obtained by the applicants. Merit list will be prepared separately for different categories. Students who fail to secure the minimum merit list will not be considered for admission.
|SC/ ST/ OBC/-OPH||40|
Seat reservation for different categories for admission in MBBS course is listed below:
|Category||No. of Seats|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||28|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
|NRI/ OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||5|
Applicants can download the rank letter from June 2018. List of applicants selected for counselling has been released now. Before appearing for the JIPMER counselling 2018, applicants have to go through the Biometric finger print and image verification. Open counselling of JIPMER MBBS 2018 has been started on September 2018. At the time of counselling, applicants have to produce the original required documents. After the document verification, if the applicant is found medically fit by the authority, the applicant subsequently admitted to the course and will be required to pay the fee in cash immediately. The seats will be filled according to merit list on the basis of performance of the applicants in the entrance examination.
Documents Required at the time of Counselling
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheets
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- JIPMER MBBS Admit Card 2018
- Age Proof Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Six Passport Size Photograph
For further queries regarding JIPMER MBBS 2018, you may leave your comments below.