JEE Mains 2018 Preparation Tips, How To Prepare For JEE Main
JEE Mains 2018 Preparation Tips: Embark on your preparation strategy for JEE Main 2018 spanning over the next two years with an effective strategy. Launching your JEE preparation at the onset of Class 11th is a boon as it puts your boards and entrance preparation in order. Here applicants can check JEE Mains 2018 Preparation Tips below in this article.
JEE Mains 2018 Preparation Tips must include –
- Cover the syllabi for class 11th and 12th thoroughly encompassing both your concepts and practice.
- Join an adept coaching institute with an excellent faculty and provision of test series program. This can be the most crucial building block of your JEE Main 2018 preparation strategy.
- Plan a well-timed schedule to incorporate your school studies and JEE preparation. Prepare topic-wise notes for concepts and formulae for quick recap.
- Follow specific books and once a chapter is covered, attempt as many mocks and sample papersas you can so that you can understand your proficiency level.
- Take time out for doing things to release your stress and resume your studies with a refreshed mind.
- It is not only about preparing hard for JEE Main 2018, but also about applying certain tried and tested techniques. Depending on the location and on the basis of their previous results, candidates go to different top coaching classes in India. See how the topper of JEE Mainprepared, for securing the top position in JEE Main 2018.
- Have constructive discussions: It is important to eliminate even the smallest spec of doubt in your mind; whether it is to do with subjects or general career advice. Discussingand clearing doubts with fellow candidates and mentors can help you overcome your weaknesses. Interact with them without any hesitation to devise an efficient study plan for yourself.
The final two years of school education will constitute the entire JEE Main 2018 syllabus with Class 11th contributing to roughly 45% of curriculum and the remaining is from Class 12th. We analysed last 5 years’ question papers and segregated each question to the topic it comes from to find out the most important chapters.
JEE Mains 2018 Preparation Tips
Difference between JEE Main and Advanced
The JEE Main is for those candidates who are aspiring to study in India’s top-most engineering colleges including NITs, IIITs, CFTIs. To get admission in IITs and ISM Dhanbad candidate has to go through JEE Advanced .
Those candidates who clear JEE Main are allowed to take the JEE advanced – which is perquisite requirement for admission in the Indian Institute Of Technology and Indian School Of Mines (Dhanbad).
JEE Mains 2018 Preparation Tips Observed from the pattern, some of the most important topics for JEE Main 2018 spotted in the order of their importance are:
- Physics: Electrostatics, Optics, Current Electricity, Magnetism, Nuclear Physics, Thermodynamics, Simple Harmonic Motion, Fluid Mechanics and Rotational Dynamics
- Mathematics: Integration, Matrices and Determinants, Probability and Statistics, Applications of Derivatives, Vector Algebra, 3-D Geometry, Sequence and Series and Complex numbers.
- Chemistry: P-block elements, Alcohol, Phenols and Ethers, Atomic structure, Co-ordination chemistry, Mole concept and Electrochemistry
Once you have the correct syllabus complete with relevant topics, you need the best books for JEE Main 2018 preparation. NCERTs are your fundamental books for JEE as they help in establishing your concepts and to understand what the questions actually seeks out.
Some of the other books recommended for JEE Main 2018 by faculty and IITians are-
- C Verma- For concepts and numerical practice, the book incites analytical thinking too
- Resnick and Halliday: An optional book to refer for concepts and examples
- Dc Pandey and O.P Tondon
- Numerical Chemistry (Objective book) for Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
- Latest edition of Arihant Organic Chemistry for additional practice as it includes questions based on existing JEE pattern
- N Sanyal’s Organic Chemistry book, NCERTs for Inorganic chemistry and Paula Bruice for Organic
- Coordinate Geometry and Trigonometry book by S.L. Loney
- A DasGupta’s book for subjective and objective practice
- For Calculus, refer to a book by G N Berman
- Arihant Books, Cengage, Algebra – Hall and Knight, Calculus – Thomas and Finney
Finally, your perseverance throughout the preparation is your cutting edge to make it to your dream college. Believe in yourself and don’t fret over the results. With a dedicated approach, there is nothing you can’t do.
The pattern of the JEE Main examination can be sub-divided into 2 categories – the paper I examination for candidates aspiring for higher studies in BE/B.TECH and paper II examination for candidates aspiring for higher studies in BArch./B Planning.
- Mode of examination : The mode of examination has 2 choices for candidates, online and offline. The subject combination is Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. There are 30 objective type questions with same weightage to each subject.
- Time Limit : The time limit for the paper is 3 hours. Online exam is held in two shifts, first one at 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. The second shift for the examination is from 2:00PM to 5:00 PM.
- Candidates with 40% disability are given an hour extra to finish their paper.
- Language : The examination can be given in English / Hindi and Gujarati (for Gujarat region), this has to be specified at the time of filling up the application form and this cannot be changed.
- Marking : Each correct answer rewards 4 points and each wrong answer deducts 1/4th mark. Total marks for the 3 subjects is 360.
- Mode : The mode of examination is ONLY offline and no online option is available in paper II examination.
- Subjects : Mathematics Part I, Aptitude Test Part II and Drawing test part III. The mathematics and aptitude section has 30 marks, while the drawing section will have only 7 questions.
Books for JEE Main 2018 Preparation
Recommended books for JEE Main and JEE Advanced preparation provide a handy guide to candidates for textbooks to study from. This includes books recommended by toppers and education experts. You can purchase books in the list of best books for IIT JEE preparation 2018 online or from market. Along with them, take note of all that is taught in classes 11th and 12th in school. All toppers emphasize on self studies. Especially in last few days it is vital to have self made notes to study from. So, while referring to best books for JEE preparation 2018, keep making notes.
It is quintessential to choose the correct book to study the key chapters with utmost precision and no confusion. One of the key reasons to get confused is technical jargon and use of language by authors that is not simplistic.
We recommend going ahead with buying NCERT books, where key materials are explained in detail and by imminent scholars of their respective fields. The language is simple and does not cloud your understanding.
Upon studying through NCERT books (which probably be your school prescribed books as well, during 11th and 12th), you can go ahead with an advanced book but put in due consideration as to which one is the best.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Which are best books for JEE 2018
These are the most important books
|Concept Of Physics Set Vol 1 & 2 by HC Verma|
|Challenger Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced|
|Understanding Physics Optics & Modern Physics for IIT JEE by DC Pandey|
|A Textbook Of Organic Chemistry For Jee Main & Advanced by Dr. R K Gupta|
|Wiley’s J.D. Lee Concise Inorganic Chemistry for JEE (Main & Advanced) by Sudarsan Guha|
|Modern approach to chemical calculations by R. C. Mukherjee|
|Objective Mathematics by RD Sharma|
|Plane Trigonometry by SL Loney|
Are official details of JEE Main 2018 available?
No. Usually CBSE releases notification for JEE Main in the month of December. Available details of JEE Main can be seen here.
If any applicant having query regarding JEE Mains 2018 Preparation Tips, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.