JEE Main Application Correction 2018 have been Started, Rectify your Details & Image Here
JEE Main Application Correction 2018 can be done till 22nd of January, 2018. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2018 exam is the most pursued exam among the candidates of India. It will be organized by CBSE for admission to B.Tech/ B.E. & B.Arch courses. On the basis of JEE Main, applicants are admitted to CFTIs, NITs and other engineering establishments associations. JEE Main is also the eligibility test for JEE Advanced which offers admission to ISM & IITs. From the year 2017, CBSE has introduced some new changes like candidates should have Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) for filling the application form. All applicants interested in making their career in engineering can apply for JEE. The exam is be conducted in two modes online which is computer based and offline which is pen and paper based. Applicants should know that what entries can be modified and what is restricted for any modification. In this article, we are discussing JEE Main Application Correction 2018 Details.
JEE Main Application Form 2018 – Application Correction Started
JEE Main 2018 Application Correction can be done till 22nd January 2018. Corrections can be done via login. Click here to make correction.
The application form for JEE Main was released from 1st of December, 2017 via the official site of the board. The last date to fill the application was 1st January 2018. Applicants should fill the form correctly and completely. Incomplete information in the application form will lead to disqualification of the applicant. The applicants have to fill the application form via online mode only. CBSE has provided the facility of JEE Main application correction in some particulars.
JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction
JEE Main Application Form Correction is a one time facility. You will not get another chance to make changes. So make the most of this opportunity and ensure that all the data and images in the form are correct. The JEE Main Correction Date 2018 for the details and images are as below:
|Application form released on||01 Dec 2017|
|Facility for corrections in the uploaded images started from||08 Dec 2017|
|Last date to apply for JEE Main 2018||01 Jan 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction will begin from||09 to 22 Jan 2018|
|Time limit to pay extra application fee (if applicable during correction)||09 to 23 Jan 2018|
What details can be corrected using JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction facility?
- Change in mode of exam: The applicant will be allowed to change the mode of exam from pen & paper to computer-based, but the reverse will not be allowed.
- Change of Paper: All particulars in the JEE Main 2018 application form can be corrected, including choice of paper. For example the applicant can change the choice of paper from Paper I to Paper II (and vice versa) in JEE Main 2018 exam, or opt for both papers. Any extra amount that may arise as a result of change of option has to be paid at the time of making the corrections.
- Aadhaar details: Can be corrected using the JEE Main 2018 application correction facility.
- Medium of examination: Applicants, if they wish, can change the medium of examination from English to Hindi/Gujarati. In fact, computer-based applicants have the flexibility of selecting the medium of examination at the start of the exam. Also, if a applicant had opted for Hindi/Gujarati and wants to opt for English instead, the applicant needn’t have to do anything as the question paper will be bilingual Hindi/English and Gujarati/English. The applicant is free to attempt questions in any language he/she is comfortable in.
- Change of Exam City: This is allowed only in case of change of exam city from India to one abroad.
- Name, State of Eligibility, and Date of Birth: These particulars that the applicant entered at the time of JEE Main 2018 registration can also be changed.
JEE Main Correction 2018 Dates
JEE Mains Correction in the application form is the one time opportunity to edit application form. There is an option for one time correction of personal particulars of applicants. JEE Main application form correction 2018 window has been opened from 9th – 22nd January 2018. Any additional correction fee can be paid between 9th – 23rd January 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Correction can be done only if the applicants have paid the fee and completed all the steps of online application form of JEE Main. The applicants can modify all the particulars (including images of the photo, thumb impression, and signature) of his/her application form. The balance fee, if any due to correction in particulars, will have to be paid by the applicants during that period. In case of fee payment, any changes done in the application will be updated after the successful payment. No change will be allowed to switch from CBT to pen paper exam.
Note: The change of mode from computer based to pen & paper based will not be allowed. Modification in the city for examination will be allowed. The additional amount (if applicable) should be paid by the applicants via credit/debit card/e-wallet (SBI buddy/Paytm) or e-challan in the Canara/ICICI/HDFC/Syndicate Bank during the correction period. Since, it is the one-time facility, extended to the applicants to avoid any hardship to them; therefore, the applicants are informed to do the correction very carefully because no further chance of correction will be given to the applicants for whatsoever reason.
FAQs on JEE Main Application Correction 2018
Below we have discussed few common queries which boggle the mind of applicants.
Ques. Can Aadhaar Number also be Updated?
Ans. Yes, unlike last year, the applicants will also get the opportunity to edit Aadhaar details in the application form.
Ques. By mistake I have submitted more than one application form. Will it cause any problem?
For this query, the CBSE has given the following answer:
“Normally, at the time of issuing admit card of JEE (Main) both the application of a applicant (which appear to be similar) are merged and only one admit card is issued. However, the applicant should send e-mail to email@example.com mentioning both the application numbers and specifying clearly the application number which they want to be considered”
Ques. When I applied for JEE Main 2018, the class 12th roll number was not allotted to me but it has been allotted now. What should I do?
Ans. Mentioning the Roll Number of Class 12th is not mandatory while submitting the application form but if it has been allotted to you then it is advisable that you add it, using the JEE Main Application Form Correction Window 2018.
Ques. I have applied for Paper 1 and 2 of JEE Main but I do not wish to appear for Paper 2. How can I apply for the refund of fee?
Ans. The applicants may or may not appear for the examination but the application fee of JEE Main 2018 is non-refundable in nature.
Ques. I was not able to book the date for online examination after paying the fees. Now how will be the date and session determined?
Ans. In this case, the exam date and slot will be assigned randomly. The details of it will be informed by the admit card.
Note: If in case applicant want to send individual query, then they can email to JEE Main official email ID. If applicant is sending email regarding their application form correction then they have to mention the name, application number and the mistake committed and the correct details which has to be filled.
How to Correct Application Form
The applicants should follow the following steps for JEE Main Application Correction 2018 in application form:
- Go to the official site. (link is given above)
- Log in with your application number and password.
- After login, the details filled in the form are displayed.
- At the end of the page, a link with Edit Application Form is displayed.
- Go via the form carefully.
- Once you finish editing check and recheck all the details.
- Submit only when you are satisfied that form is now correctly filled.
- When the form is submitted after correction, take a print out of JEE Main Application Correction 2018 slip and keep it safe.
JEE Main Application Correction 2018 in Images
It is very important to upload the images correctly. The image uploaded in the application form will be uploaded in admit card and rank card as well. Hence, the candidates need to ensure that it is in the correct format. There are three images that the candidates need to upload in the application form and these are for Photograph of Candidate, Signature of Candidate, and Signature of Mother / Father / Guardian
What are the Correct Specifications for Images?
The prescribed specification for these images is as below:
|Photograph||JPEG||4KB to 40KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature||JPEG||1KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|Signature of Father/Mother/Guardian||JPEG||1KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Note: The candidates can take help from professional to correct the size, dimension, or file format.
Image Correction Procedure For JEE Main Application Correction 2018
The board has provided the facility to make correction in the uploaded images. Correction in images has been was started from 8th December 2017 and it was continued till 5th January. Those applicants who have uploaded wrong images can correct their images during the correction period. Below we have mentioned the procedure to make correction in the uploaded images:
- Click on the official website link.
- A login page will be opened on the screen.
- Fill all the required details like Application Number, Password and security code.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- Select the images with correct specifications and upload them.
- Take a printout of the corrected application for further use.
If you have any doubt regarding JEE Main Application Correction 2018, you can ask your query in the comment box given below.