JEE Main eligibility Criteria 2018 – The JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria has been defined by the conducting authorities. The exam authorities i.e. the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is responsible for laying down the Eligibility Criteria of JEE MAIN 2018. The eligibility criteria are nothing but a set of certain rules and conditions which are put forward by the exam authorities for the aspirants. The candidates essentially need to satisfy these conditions in order to be legally eligible to take the exam and hence participate in the selection process. Read more about the JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria below.
In this article we give you information about eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Main 2018 is given below:
- DOB: Applicants those born on or after first October 1993 are eligible for JEE Main examination.
- Relaxation: Applicants belong to reserved category (i.e. SC/ST & PWD candidates) will receive a age relaxation of 5 years in their upper age limit (i.e. applicant born on or after 1st October 1988 are eligible).
- DOB will be considered as mentioned in secondary education board document/certificate.
- Qualifying Exam: It is must for the applicants to pass the qualifying examination/ 12th examination along with 5 subjects to come under eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2018.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be appearing/ passed with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry
- Minimum Marks: There is no minimum marks obligation/requirement in 12th examination for writing the JEE Main exam. However, applicants have to secure the passing marks.
- Passing Year: Applicants those who have appeared and passed their higher secondary exam in 2016 and 2017 are also eligible to apply for the exam. Moreover, applicants appearing the final examination of 12th in 2018 are also eligible and fill the JEE Main application form.
- In case if applicant appeared the 12th examination in 2015 but not passed in 2015, passed in 2016 are also not eligible for the JEE Main 2018.
- Diploma Holders: Diploma holders will be eligible for JEE Main so that they can further most apply for JEE Advanced but not eligible for admission on the basis of JEE Main scores. In other words, Diploma holders may also eligible to apply for JEE Main 2018 but there is a condition that they are only eligible for admission to IITs.
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Number of Attempts: 3 attempts will be given to each and every applicant to clear the JEE Main. And in case of JEE Advanced applicant will attempt maximum 2 times in consecutive years.
Eligibility For Admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs:
Percentage Marks: To be eligible for admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs, applicants should have obtained 75% marks in 12th examination or must be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th examination of respective boards. The qualifying marks for SC/ST will be 65%.
Percentage Marks: To be eligible for admission in NITs, IITs, CFTIs, applicants should have obtained 75% marks in 12th examination/ must be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th exam of respective boards. And in term of applicants belong to SC/ST need to grab 65% to get eligible.
If any applicant having query regarding JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.