JEE Main 2018 Application Form, Exam Dates, JEE Main 2018 Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, form Correction, Preparation tips, Admit Card, Result, Counselling
JEE Main 2018: Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2018 exam is the most pursued exam among the candidates of India. It will be organized by CBSE for admission to B.Tech/ B.E. & B.Arch courses. On the basis of JEE Main, applicants are admitted to CFTIs, NITs and other engineering establishments associations. JEE Main is also the eligibility test for JEE Advanced which offers admission to ISM & IITs. From the year 2017, CBSE has introduced some new changes like candidates should have Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) for filling the application form. All applicants interested in making their career in engineering can apply for JEE (Joint Entrance Examination). Applicants can get complete information about JEE Main 2018 such as JEE Main 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, age limit.
JEE Main 2018 – Correction Started
JEE Main 2018 Application Correction has been started from 9th January 2018. Check here for correction details.
JEE Main 2018 online application form is now live. Click Here To Check Exam Application Process
The JEE Main 2018 Notification has been announced on 22nd November 2017, application form will be accessible from 1st December 2017. Candidates can check all important details related JEE Main 2018 below in this page.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Dates
Based on last year dates, here we are providing tentative exam dates of JEE Main 2018.
|Events||Exam Dates (Announced)|
|Release of JEE Main 2018 Notification||22nd November 2017|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st December 2017|
|Facility of Correcting Images||2nd week of December 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st January 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||2nd January 2018|
|Opening of Application Form Correction Window||2nd half of January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of March 2018|
|Examination Date for offline exam(Pen & Paper Based Test)||8th April 2018|
|Examination Date for online exam (Computer Based Test)||15th & 16th April 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||24th – 27th April 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Paper 1)/AIR rank & candidates eligible to appear in JEE Advanced||30th April 2018|
|Declaration of AIR rank (paper 2)||31st May 2018|
Availability of Score/Rank Cards on website
|After declaration of AIR of JEE Main 2018|
JEE Main Application Form 2018
All the candidates must read the information catalog carefully before filling the online application form of JEE Main 2018 to get details about application fee, how to apply, & payment mode. The details regarding JEE Main application form are given below:
- Applicants have to fill the JEE Main application form through online mode
- No printed copy will be provided to apply for JEE Main.
- In addition to filling personal & academic details, candidates also have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in prescribed specifications.
- Applications are expected to be released in the first week of December 2017.
- To apply for JEE Main, students should have Aadhaar Number/Aadhaar Enrollment Number/Registration Number which will be provided by facilitation center.
- Applicants can download the acknowledgement page as the proof of successful submission of application form.
JEE Main New Changes Introduced:
Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has introduced some new changes in the pattern of JEE Mains. Here are the highlights:
- For JEE Main 2018 exam, CBSE has announced to establish 258 exam centres, out of which 248 are in India and 10 outside India.
- The board has decided to allow Diabetic students to carry sugar tablets or fruits such as banana, apple or orange and a transparent bottle of water.
- Slot Booking: From the year 2018, students will be able to book their slot for the online mode examination.
- No weightage will be given to 12th class marks for calculating All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Main. No verification will be required for 12th class roll number.
- In order to qualify for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, candidates must have at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) in higher secondary examination or must be in top 20 percentile in class 12th examination conducted by respective boards.
- Moreover, candidates should have Aadhaar Card Number to fill the application form.
- Candidates from Meghalaya, J & K and Assam are excluded from this provision. Such candidates have to enter passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number to get examination centre in these states only.
JEE Main Registration trends in last 7 years
JEE Main applications in lakh
Application fee of JEE Mains 2018 will depend upon the gender of applicant, category and exam mode. Applicants can check the application fee from the below table:
|Papers||Offline mode (Pen & Paper Based)||Online mode (Computer Based)|
|Appearing||OBCs/General (Boys)||SC/ST/All/PWD Girls||OBCs/General (Boys)||SC/ST/All/PWD Girls|
|For Examination Centres opted in India|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
|Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|For Examination Centres opted in foreign country|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
|Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
The eligibility criteria for appearing JEE Main 2018 is given below:
- Date of Birth: Applicants those born on or after 1st October 1993 are eligible for writing the JEE Main examination.
- Relaxation: 5 years relaxation shall be provided in the upper age limit of SC/ST & PWD applicants (i.e. DOB falls on or after 1st October 1988).
- Date of Birth will be considered as mentioned in secondary education board certificate.
- Qualifying Exam: It is must for the applicants to pass the 12th examination/qualifying examination with 5 subjects to be eligible for JEE Main 2018.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be passed/appearing with five subjects. Applicants must have physics & mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- No Minimum Marks: There is no minimum marks requirement in 12th examination for writing the JEE Main exam. However, applicants have to secure the passing marks.
- Passing Year: Those who have appeared and passed the higher secondary examination in 2016 and 2017 are also eligible to apply. Moreover, applicants appearing the final examination of 12th in 2018 can also fill the JEE Main application form.
- In case if applicant appeared the 12th examination in 2015 but not passed in 2015, passed in 2016 are also not eligible.
- Diploma Holders: Diploma holders may also apply for JEE Main 2018 but only eligible for admission to IITs. In other words, Diploma holders will be eligible for JEE Main so that they can further apply for JEE Advanced but not eligible for admission on the basis of JEE Main scores.
Number of Attempts:
Total 3 attempts will be given for clearing the JEE Main. Attempts will be counted from the year 2017 onwards. JEE Advanced can be attempted maximum 2 times in consecutive years.
Eligibility For Admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs:
Percentage Marks: To be eligible for admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs, applicants should have obtained 75% marks in 12th examination or must be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th examination of respective boards. The qualifying marks for SC/ST will be 65%.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
CBSE has published JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern indicating subjects in exam, exam duration, and mode in JEE Main 2018 information brochure. Details such as the number of questions are not available. However, exam pattern remains the same. Thus looking at past year pattern, it is deduced that exam pattern is as follows.
Exam Pattern of JEE Main 2018 Paper 1
|Subject||Questions||Marks||Type of questions|
Exam Pattern of JEE Main 2018 Paper 2
|Subject||Questions||Marks||Type of questions|
Marking Scheme of JEE Main 2018
- Candidate gets four (4) marks for correct answers in paper 1, and MCQs in paper 2.
- One (1) mark is deducted, this is negative marking, for incorrect answers in paper 1, and MCQs in paper 2.
JEE Main Application Form Correction
- Corrections will be permitted in uploaded images (signature and photograph).
- Applicant can make changes only in the selected fields.
- Correction window will also open for correction in application form details like change in exam mode from PBT to CBT, city of examination, change in paper-2 to paper-1.
JEE Main Admit Card 2018
- After submitting the application form, applicants start searching the admit card. JEE Main 2018 admit card will be issued in the 2nd week of March 2018.
- CBSE will release the admit card via online mode.
- Admit card will contain exam centre details, exam schedule, applicant’s roll number, etc.
JEE Main Answer Key
CBSE will publish images of response sheets (OMR) & answer key of paper-1 and paper-2 in the 3rd week of April 2018. Applicants can cross check their answers with the official answer key to know the expected marks. Those who are not satisfied with the answers may challenge the answer key authority by paying Rs. 1000/- per question.
JEE Main 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus of JEE Main 2018 provides the details about chapters & topics that may asked in JEE Main paper-1 and paper-2 examination. Both the papers are for dissimilar/different courses, therefore, syllabus is also unlike for both. JEE Main syllabus for paper-1 contains important chapters from physics, Mathematics and Chemistry taught in 11th & 12th class of ICSE, CBSEand other boards.
For Paper-2 syllabus comprising of aptitude test, Mathematics, and drawing. Applicants can download the detailed syllabus as it will be released by CBSE.
JEE Main Cut-Off
- In order to become eligible for JEE Advanced and for admission to the top colleges, applicant have to grab cut-off marks.
- JEE Main 2018 cut-off will be declared after the completion of exam. Meanwhile, applicants can check the previous year’s cut-off marks.
- In the academic year 2016-2017, JEE Main cut-off is as follows:
- For General category – 105
- For OBC category – 70
- For SC category– 50
- For ST category– 44
JEE Main Result 2018
- JEE Main Result will be declared in the last week of April 2018 via online mode.
- JEE Main 2018 result specifies/ shows actual scores and rank obtained in entrance examination.
- On the basis of JEE Main result, applicants will also get idea that they are eligible for appearing JEE Advanced or not eligible for the same.
- All India rank (AIR) will be considered for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFTIs and others.
JEE Mains Counselling 2018
- CSAB/ JoSAA are the authorities/ establishments which organize by the centralized counselling for admission to IIITs/ NITs/IITs and CFTIs.
- Admission will be offered to the applicants based on All India rank and choices filled by them.
- To get seats, it is compulsory for the applicants to participate in counselling and seat allocation process.
- There are huge amount of colleges in each and every state that also offer admission through JEE Main. To get admission on those colleges, applicants need to apply separately in state counselling.
If any applicant having query related to JEE Main 2018, then you may leave your comment below in the comment box.