ISI 2019: Application form, Dates, ISI 2019 Eligibility, Result, Pattern
ISI 2019: ISI Entrance Exam 2019 is a national level examination, which is organized by the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI). ISI offers quality education & works on application of statistics, natural sciences and social sciences. ISI 2019 Admission Test is conducted for providing admission to students in various UG, PG and JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) courses offered by ISI. This examination will be considered for admission in its all campuses situated in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Tezpur. Here, students can check details about ISI Entrance Exam 2019, including application, eligibility, exam dates, etc.
ISI Entrance Exam 2019 Overview
ISI 2019 Important Dates
The dates and the schedule of the whole examination and admission process are available in the following table:
|S.No.||Name of the events of the Exam||Date Assigned|
|1.||Online application starts||February 2019|
|2.||The last date to submit the application form||March 2019|
|3.||The last date to submit the online application||March 2019|
|4.||Last date to make payment||March 2019|
|5.||Admit card release date||April 2019|
|6.||Exam date||May 2019|
|7.||Result publish date||June 2019|
Note: Dates are certain as per the official schedule however the dates are always deemed to be tentative and may change as per the judgment of the institute.
The table given below shows the eligibility criteria for the ISI Entrance exam 2019:
|B. STAT. (HONS)/ B. MATH. (HONS)||12th or equivalent exam with Mathematics and English subjects.|
|M. STAT.||3 years bachelor degree/B.Tech/BE with statistics subject, or|
PG Diploma in Statistical Methods with Applications/Statistical Methods and Analytics
|M. MATH.||3 years bachelor degree/B.Tech/BE with mathematics subject and strong background in Analysis and Abstract Algebra or,|
B Stat degree from ISI
|MS (QE)||3 years bachelor degree in Economics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics or,|
B.Tech/BE with knowledge of Economics and Mathematics at UG level, or
B Stat degree from ISI
|MS (QMS)||3 years bachelor degree with Mathematics, or|
|MS (LIS)||3 years bachelor degree in any discipline|
|M. TECH. (CS)||BE/B Tech or equivalent degree (AMIE, GRADIETE, DOEACC ‘B’ Level), or|
Master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Physics/Electronic Science/Information Technology
|M. TECH. (QROR)||Master Degree in Statistics/ Mathematics with Probability and Statistics, or|
BE/B Tech or equivalent degree
Must have taken mathematics at graduation level.
Obtained passing marks in Chemistry & Physics at 12th level.
|PG Diploma in Statistical Methods & Analytics||Graduation in any stream including technology/engineering with mathematics subject.|
domicile certificate of North-Eastern states
|PG Diploma in Computer Applications||Three-year bachelor degree with mathematics.|
|PG Diploma in Business Analytics||UG/PG degree with any one of the following:|
BS/BTech/BE or equivalent with 60% marks
Integrated Masters or equivalent with 60% marks
Masters degree with 60% marks
For SC/ST/DA candidates 55% marks will be considered
Candidates appearing in final exam are also eligible
|Junior/Senior Research Fellowship||Statistics: M Stat, MA/M Sc or equivalent degree in mathematics or,|
mathematical maturity with B Stat/ B Math, BA/B Sc or equivalent degree with Statistics
|Mathematics: M Stat, M Math, MA/M Sc or equivalent in mathematics or,|
mathematical maturity with B Stat/ B Math, BA/
B Sc or equivalent degree in mathematics
|Quantitative Economics: MS (QE), M Stat, MA/ M Sc or equivalent in Statistics/Mathematics/ Economics/Econometrics or,|
BA/B Sc degree with Economics, or
Master degree in Mathematics/Statistics as a subject in UG level, or
4-year B Tech degree
|Computer Science: ME/M Tech or equivalent degree in Electronics/Telecommunication Radio Physics/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering /Microwave Communications /Information Technology /Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology with Mathematics subject, or|
M Sc/MCA/MA or equivalent degree in Physics/Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics /Electronic Sciences/Computer Science/ Atmospheric Science/Information Technology/Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology with Mathematics, or
BE/ B.Tech degree
|Quality, Reliability & Operations Research (QROR): M Tech/ME/MS/M Phil or equivalent degree in Quality /Reliability/Operations Research, or|
M Stat/M Sc /MA or equivalent degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics
|with mathematics subject in graduation level or,|
BE/ B.Tech degree
|Physics and Applied Mathematics: M Sc in Physics/Mathematics/|
|Agriculture and Ecology: MSc in Botany/Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Agriculture|
|Geology: M Sc in Geology or equivalent|
|Library and Information Science: first or high second class in MS (LIS) by ISI or,|
Associateship in Documentation and Information Science of ISI, or
NISCAIR/INSDOC or Master degree in Library and Information Science with minimum 55% marks
|Development Studies: Masters or M Phil degree in Development Studies, Sociology, Economics, Agricultural Economics|
ISI Application Form 2019
- ISI Registration 2019 will be started from the second week of February 2019.
- The application will be available through online modefrom the website.
- Enter all the required details in the application form carefully.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned imagesof photograph and signature in the appropriate format.
- Candidates can make the fee payment through online or offline
- Candidates don’t forget to take printout of the application form for future references.
- The application fee will be 700/-for general and all candidates of JRF programmes (irrespective of reserved categories.
- ST, ST, OBC & Differently Abled candidates are needed to pay Rs.350/- as an application fee.
- Students can make fee payment through net banking, debit/credit card or Bank Challanof SBI bank.
ISI Exam Pattern
- Section:The examination will be conducted in two sections, i.e. Section-1 and Section-2.
- Type of Question:There will be MCQ and descriptive questions will be asked in the examination.
- Exam Duration:The exam duration will be two hours for each section.
- The detailed exam pattern is mentioned here:
|Course||Forenoon (10:30 to 12:30)||Afternoon (14:00 to 16:00)|
|Subject||Test Type||Subject||Test Type|
|M.Tech (CS)||Mathematics||MCQ||Math/Phys/Stat/Engi/Tech/Comp Science||Descriptive|
ISI 2019 Syllabus
- The syllabus will be different for all the courses offered by the ISI.
- The questions will be of undergraduate or below (10+2) level.
- For B.Stat & B.Math, syllabus will have topics from Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus & Geometry.
- For M.Stats, questions will be asked from Mathematics & Statistics & Probability subjects.
- Students should prepare according to syllabus to score good marks in the examination.
How to Prepare for ISI Exam
- Find out all the details regarding officially prescribed syllabus.
- Make a suitable time-table and prepare accordingly.
- Consider the best books and study materials for your preparations.
- Practice from previous year question papers, it will help you to know more about the exam pattern.
- Take care of your health, do meditation & yoga it will help you to concentrate in your studies.
ISI 2019 Admit Card
The ISI Admit card 2019 will be available online on the official website of the institute. Candidates can download the admit card after applying for the exam thru the application form.
- The admit card is the essential document which must be with the candidates before they step up to appear in the exam.
- It will have all the details of the candidates as their name, exam centre and the state and timing of the examination
ISI 2019 Result
In fact, the principal part of the whole admission process is the announcement of the result which all the candidates eagerly wait for. The result of the exam will also be available on the official website of the university. All the candidates who have appeared in the examination can see and check the result there.
The last but the most crucial part of the examination is counselling. Candidates, who qualify the exam, will be eligible to appear for the counselling. They will have to present their credentials before the admission board. After all, they can take admission for the desired programme which they have applied in the application for.
ISI 2019 Admission
The admission will be purely based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance test. Students will be invited for counselling as per the rank obtained by them. Students also have to clear the further admission tests or interview to get admission. The list of candidates selected for admission test & interview will be published through the website. Students are needed to bring the required fees & documents to complete the admission formalities.
If any candidate having query regarding ISI 2019, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.