IIT JAM 2018 Application form, Important Date, Eligibility, Pattern
Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test (IIT JAM) 2018 for Master of Science (M.Sc.) is national level exam which is directed by various IISc (Indian Institute Of Science) or Indian Institute Of Science (IISc) rotations wise. It is conducted for getting admission to Integrated Ph.D. Programs at Indian Institute Of Science (IISc) and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Master of Science (2 Years), M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, Joint M.Sc.-M.Tech., M.Sc.-Ph.D., and other Postgraduate programs offered at IIT (Bombay, Delhi, Ropar, Hyderabad, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Indore, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Gandhi nagar Madras and Roorkee.) In this article we are giving you the information about JAM (Joint Admission Test) 2018 like- application, exam pattern, registration and syllabus.
Important Dates (Tentative)
|IIT JAM 2018 online application starts from||First week September 2017|
|last date for pay fee through e-challan||First week October 2017|
|online application last date||First week October 2017|
|Applicants download their admit card on||January 2018|
|Examination held on||Third week February 2018|
|Result for IIT JAM 2017 will be declare on||Last week March 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for IIT JAM 2018
Those Applicants who are applying for IIT JAM entrance exam 2018 will have to meet the following eligibility criteria for admission.
- Indian and Foreign Applicants will be eligible.
- There is no age limit.
- Applicants must be a Bachelor’s degree holder.
- General/OBC-NCL Category applicants, have to grab at least 55% of marks. And for SC/ST and PwD Category Applicants have to grab 50% of marks.
- The applicants who have either appeared or are due to appear in the final exam of their qualifying degree in 2017 are eligible to perform in the test.
The Applicants who concerned to apply for the IIT JAM 2018 then they need to follow below steps:
- Applicants must visit the official site first.
- After this applicant need register himself / herself if a user is new if not then he/she has his/her login ID’s on the site then login to the site. Then click on apply online for the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test 2018 exam.
- Applicants need to fill their application form carefully.
- When applicants done with filling their application form then the final step is to made payment for the application form.
- Finally, applicants need to save the hard-copy (photocopy) of the form for further use.
Exam Pattern for IIT JAM 2018:
|Question Type||Objective type test / Multiple choice Question|
|Examination Mode||It’s a Computer Based Test|
|Total Number of questions||There are total 60 Questions divided into three section viz. A, B, C|
|Marking Scheme||Paper contain 60 questions with weightage of100 marks|
|Negative Marking Shemec||In section B & C there is no negative marking scheme|
|Time Duration||Exam contain duration of 3 hours (i.e. 180 minutes)|
Application fees –
- Applicants made payment for the application form by both mode (i.e. online / offline)
- Applicants can use their Credit as well as Debit Cards, Bank Challan or National Electronics Funds Transfer System (NEFT) to make payment for the Application fee.
- General and OBC category applicants have topay 1500 for single exam or we can say for one exam and for both exam he/she need to pay Rs.2100.
- And for SC/ST and Female, Applicants need to pay 750 for One exam and Rs.1050 for Both exam.