IIST Admission 2018 Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Seat Reservation, FAQ’s, Rank List, Counselling
IIST Admission 2018: Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) is a deemed university which offers quality education in the area of space sciences, space technology and space applications. This institution offers UG, PG, doctoral and post-doctoral level courses in the field related to space research & application. Candidates have to qualify the JEE Main 2018 & JEE Advanced 2018 examination organized by CBSE to get admission. The admission in UG courses is done on the basis of JEE Advanced 2018 score. IIST 2018 Application Form will be available from 22nd May 2018. Through this article, we are providing details about IIST Admission 2018, including application form, important dates, eligibility, etc.
IIST 2018 Notification:
IIST 2018 Information Brochure for UG courses will be released on 16th May 2018. Link will be provided here.
IIST 2018 List of Shortlisted applicants for PG courses is releasing on 11th May 2018.
IIST Admission 2018 Exam Date
Applicants can check here the official dates of IIST Admission 2018 for UG courses & PG courses. Check also tentative dates of Ph.D courses (July session):
For UG Courses:
|Admission Brochure Release||16th May 2018|
|Online registration starts||22nd May 2018|
|Last Date of online registration||5th June 2018|
|Last Date for remitting application fee in Bank||June 2018|
|Rank list release||June 2018|
|Counselling starts||July 2018|
For PG Courses:
|Online application release||13th April 2018|
|Closing for online submission of applications||1st May 2018 (11:59 PM) (Extended)|
|Last date for payment of application fee||2nd May 2018|
|Display of shortlisted applicants for Test/Interview for Departments of Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Mathematics & Physics||11th May 2018|
|Display of shortlisted Rank List for Departments of|
Aerospace Engineering & Avionics
|Last Date of Remitting fee for Departments of Aerospace Engineering & Avionics||16th May 2018|
|Test/Interview for applicants for Departments of Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Mathematics & Physics||4th & 5th June 2018|
|Display of Provisionally selected applicants for Departments of Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Mathematics & Physics||8th June 2018|
|Last Date of Remitting fee for Departments of Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Mathematics & Physics||13th June 2018|
|Reporting date at the Institution||21st July 2018|
|Classes begins for all PG Programmes||23rd July 2018|
For Ph.D Courses (July Session):
|Application Released||April 2018|
|Last date for form submission||April 2018|
|Last Date of Payment of application fee||April 2018|
|Display of shortlisted applicants for|
|Interview Dates||April 2018|
|Display of Provisionally selected applicants||May 2018|
|Classes Starts||May 2018|
IIST 2018 Eligibility
For UG Courses:
- Applicants must have been born on or after October 1, 1993 who belong to the GEN and OBC category.
- Applicants must have born on or after October 1, 1988 who belong to SC, ST and PWD categories.
(The DOB as recorded in the high school/first Board /or its equivalent will be accepted.)
- Qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 75% (65% Sc/ST/PWD) marks.
- Applicants have to secure marks in following subjects which will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks criterion.
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, A language (the language with the higher marks will be considered if the applicant has taken more than one language.), any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered)
- General Applicants: At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the 3 subjects (PCM).
- OBC (Non Creamy Layer) Applicants: At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the 3 subjects (PCM).
- SC/ST/PWD Applicants: At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (PCM)
For PG Courses:
- The age limit is 28 years as on last date of application (age relaxation for the applicants of SC / ST / Persons with disability (PWD) category as per Government of India Orders).
- Passed BE/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.S. or equivalent degree with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 out of 10.
- Valid score is applicable in GATE/JEST/UGC NET in relevant area for which applicant apply.
IIST Application Form 2018
- Applicants can fill and submit the IIST Admission 2018 application form via online mode via the website.
- There is no offline application form will be provided.
- The application form has been released from the 22nd May 2018 (for UG courses) and 13th April 2018 (for PG courses).
- Applicants have to fill all the required details like personal, academic, communication, JEE Advanced examination and many other details.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, medical certificate (PwD applicant) and caste certificate (if applicable).
- Applicants can make the fee payment via bank Challan of SBI or Union Bank of India.
- Upload the scanned image of Challan payment.
- After submitting the application, take the printout of the application form for future references.
- The application fee for UG courses will be Rs. 250/- per departmental code (for general) and Rs. 125/- for SC/ST/PWD and Women.
- The application fee of PG courses is Rs. 600/- (for Male applicants of GEN/OBC & Rs. 300/- for Female applicants of GEN/OBC, SC, ST & PwD applicants per department.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- The fee payment will be made via bank Challan from any branch of SBI or Union Bank of India (UBI).
- NRI applicants can make the fee payment via demand draft.
- The DD should be drawn in favor of “THE REGISTRAR, IIST” payable at Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- In case of payment via DD applicants have to send the DD to the address mentioned below:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala (P.O.), Thiruvananthapuram-695547
IIST 2018 Course and Seat Matrix – There are total three UG engineering courses offered by IIST. The total intake capacity is 140. Applicants may check the details from the table below:
|B.Tech + M.S/M.Tech (Dual Degree)||20|
Here we are providing the seat reservation for UG courses:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15 %|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5 %|
|Other Backward Castes (OBC) – NCL||27 %|
|Persons with Disabilities (PD)||3% (Horizontal Reservation)|
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Question: When will be the IIST Application Form 2018 released?
Answer: The application will be available from 4th week of May 2018 (for UG courses) and 2nd week of April 2018 (for PG courses).
Question: Can I apply via offline mode for IIST Admission 2018?
Answer: No, only online mode is available.
Question: Can I apply for admission in B.Tech courses in IIST?
Answer: Yes, you can apply B.Tech programme.
Question: What will be the application fee for UG courses in IIST?
Answer: You can check the application fee from the above given section.
Question: How can I make the application fee payment?
Answer: The fee payment can be made via bank Challan of SBI or Union Bank of India.
Question: Can I make fee payment via online mode?
Answer: No, the fee payment can be done via bank Challan or DD (for NRI applicants).
Question: What is the eligibility to apply for B.Tech in IIST?
Answer: You can check the eligibility from the above given section.
Question: Which examination I have to clear for admission in B.Tech programme?
Answer: You have to qualify JEE Main & JEE Advanced 2018 examinations.
Question: Which documents I have to upload in the application form?
Answer: You have to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, medical certificate (PwD applicant) and cast certificate (if applicable).
Question: What is the last date to apply for UG courses?
Answer: The last date to apply for UG courses will be second week of June 2018.
IIST Rank List 2018
The rank list for admission will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination. The rank list can be checked via online mode via the website. Rank list for UG courses will be prepared on the basis of JEE Advanced 2018 All India Rank (including category rank). Admission will be done on the basis of rank list.
IIST Counselling (Admission Process)
Here we have mentioned the admission process of UG & PG courses offered by IIST:
The authority shall release a rank list on the basis of applicant’s performance in the JEE Advanced 2018 examination. For admission in UG courses, students have to clear both JEE Main & JEE Advanced examinations. Rank list will be generated for those students who have registered online for admission to IIST and satisfy all the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the authority.
Applicants have to apply online for admission in IIST. Students will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of marks scored in the GATE/JEST/UGC NET examination in relevant areas. After qualifying the examination, applicants have to appear for the interview round organized by the institution. Applicants have to bring the necessary documents in original at the time of interview.
If you have any other queries about IIST Admission 2018, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.