IISER 2018 Admission Application Form, Exam Dates, IISER Admisiion 2018 Eligibility, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Answer Key, Counselling
IISER 2018: IISER (Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research) is most premier institute of India in the field of science education and research. There are seven IISER institutions in India like at Bhopal, Mohali, Kolkata, Pune, Berhampur, Tirupati and Thiruvananthapuram. All IISERs offer five years dual degree program known as BS-MS Programme. Applicants can get admission in IISER from three ways: KVPY exam (Kishor Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana), JEE Advanced exam and via IISER Aptitude Test 2018 (for state board toppers. In this article, we are providing the details about IISER 2018 Admission IISER entrance exam, result & counselling.
IISER 2018 Notifications:
IISER 2018 Admission Process is done to offer admission into 5 year dual degree course (BS-MS Programme). The admission is based on IISER aptitude test, KVPY & JEE Advanced exam.
IISER Exam Dates
IISER 2018 dates for KVPY, JEE channel and for SCB stream (aptitude test) is given below. Applicants should adhere to these dates which is as follows:
IISER 2018 Admission Important Dates: SCB Channel
|1||Opening of Application Portal||May 24, 2018|
|2||Last date to submit application forms||June 12, 2018|
|3||Availability of Admit Card for IISER Aptitude Test 2018||June 18, 2018|
|4||IISER Aptitude Test 2018||June 24, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Result||July 3, 2018|
|6||Submission of Seat Acceptance Fee (SAF) for first round of allotment begins||July 4, 2018|
|7||Last Date for Submission of SAF for Final Round of allotment||July 21, 2018|
IISER 2018 Admission Important Dates: KVPY Channel
|1||Application portal opens||May 21, 2018|
|2||Deadline to submit application form||June 8, 2018|
|3||Allotment of seats for KVPY channel||June 13, 2018|
|4||Submission of SAF beings||June 14, 2018|
|5||Last Date for Submission of SAF||June 19, 2018|
IISER 2018 Admission Important Dates: JEE Channel
|1||Application portal opens||June 11, 2018|
|2||Deadline to submit application form||June 21, 2018|
|3||Allotment of seats||June 25, 2018|
|4||Submission of SAF begins||June 26, 2018|
|5||Last Date for Submission of SAF||June 30, 2018|
Note: Float – Applicant accepts the offered seat and indicates that, if admission to a higher choice of IISER is offered, they will move to the offered IISER. In case, a higher IISER choice is not offered, they will continue with the currently accepted IISER. Such a applicant, who has chosen the FLOAT option, will be considered in second (last) round of allotment. If offered a higher choice, the applicant automatically forfeits the first allotment.
The 50% seats (General/SC/ST/OBC Non-creamy) of IISERs will be filled via KVPY and JEE Advanced 2018. And the remaining seats will be filled via State and Central Boards that is based on IISER Aptitude Test 2018. IISER Admission Procedure 2018 is begin after the announcement of the result. The seat will be allotted on the basis of the availability of seats, ranks in the merit list and applicant’s preferences. The IISER does not impose any cut-off. Top applicants from KVPY and JEE channels will be provided admission in the IISERs.
Documents required at the time of admission:
- Printed copy of the application form
- Admit card of IISER Aptitude Test 2018
- Class 10thand 12th Mark sheets
- Class 10thand 12th Passing Certificate
- Character Certificate
- ID Proof
- Caste Certificate
IISER 2018 Application Form
Applicants those who wish to get admission in IISER, need to fill the application form via the channel of KVPY stream, JEE Advanced Stream and SCB (State Board Toppers) stream.
The IISER 2018 application form has been released via online process.
- Application form for KVPY channel was released from 20th May 2018. Other registration can be made from 24th May 2018 (SCB Channel) & 19th June (JEE Channel).
- The application fee is Rs.2000/- for general and OBC category and Rs. 1000/- for other categories.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Before filling the application form, applicants have to be ready with the scanned photograph in JPG/PNG/BMP format.
- The size of the file should not exceed to 2MB.
- At the time of form filling, applicant can fill their Institution choice out of all seven IISER for admission in order to select all the seven IISERs in order of preferences.
- Take the printout of the filled application form.
- Applicants have to bring the print out of filled application form at the time of admission.
IISER Eligibility Criteria
To get admission in IISER applicant have to fulfill the given eligibility criteria.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY):
Applicants have to qualify in SA (2015)/ SX (2016)/ SB (2016) from basic science stream, they can apply.
- Stream SA: Applicants who enrolled in the XI Standard and having secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the X Standard Board Examination.
- Stream SX: Those applicants enrolled in XII standard / (+2) and secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects (PCB) in the class 10th. They must be obtained 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in Class 12th before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
- Stream SB: Applicants enrolled in the 1st Year of an UG course in sciences and secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects (PCB) in the XII/(+2) Standard Board Examination. They must secured 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in the 1st year final examination of B.Sc. /B.S. /B.Math. /B.Stat. /Int. M.Sc. /M.S.
JEE Advanced Exam:
- Applicants who obtained a minimum of 75% marks in class XII and securing a place in the rank list of JEE Advanced for the admission to IITs, they can apply to the IISER.
State and Central Boards:
Applicants who qualified their Class 12th in 2017 or appearing in 2018 in science stream with either
- Marks above or equal to the cut-off percentage that will be announced by DST as eligibility for INSPIRE Fellowship 2018. There is a 5% relaxation for PD/ OBC (Non-Creamy layer) category applicants in the DST cut-off. For SC/ST and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) applicants, the cut-off is 55% in class 12thfor all boards.
- The eligibility for Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) under INSPIRE scheme is based only on the performance in class XII board examination.
Applicants who applying via State and Central Boards channel, they will require to appear and passed the IISER Aptitude Test 2018.
|Name of Board||Cut-off Percentage|
IISER Admit Card 2018
No admit card will be issued and required also for the applicants applying via the KVPY or JEE channel. The applicants applying via the SCB channel can get the admit card after filling the application form via online from the official site. The admit card was released on June 2018. Applicants can take the printout of the admit card. Applicants are required to bring the completed application form and the admit card at the time of the IISER aptitude test.
How to download IISER Admit card 2018
- Click on the admit card download link (will be provided here once it is available)
- Log-in to portal using the following details:
- Email ID
- Password (generated at the time of registration)
- Security code displayed on screen
- The admit card will be displayed on screen
- Check that all the details mentioned in it are correct.
- Download and take printout of the IISER 2018 admit card.
IISER 2018 Exam Pattern
- Subjects: The question paper of IISER Aptitude Test 2018 was based on the PCBM.
- Type: It was a multiple choice question paper.
- Mode of Exam: This was an offline pen & paper based test.
- There was 15 questions asked from each subjects.
- Marks: The question paper was 180 marks.
- Duration: The time duration of the paper was three hours (10.00 AM to 1.00 PM).
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 3 marks was awarded to the applicants.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark was deducted for incorrect answer as negative marking.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
IISER SCB Syllabus
The IISER Aptitude Test 2018 Syllabus was composed of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology. The syllabus follows a general guideline of NCERT syllabus for class XI and XII. The detailed syllabus is as following:
- Relations and functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Straight Lines
- Conic Sections
- Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry
- Limits and Derivatives
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Application of Derivatives
- Applications of integrals
- Differential equations
- Three dimensional geometry
- Linear Programming
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of Systems of Particles and Rigid body
- Properties of bulk matter
- Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic energy
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Electronic devices
- Communication Systems
- Some Basic Concept of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter
- Redox Reactions
- The s-block Elements
- The p-block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- The solid state
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- The p-block elements
- The d- & f-block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogens
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Diversity in the living world
- Structural organization in animals and plants
- Cell structure and function
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Genetics and evolution
- Biology and human welfare
- Biotechnology and its application
- Ecology and environment
IISER Answer Key 2018
Applicants can check IISER Aptitute Test answer via online mode from the website. The answer key was released on June 2018. If applicant have any objections about the questions or answers in IAT, they can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org till last week of June 2018 (Before 5 PM). Applicants can send emails only from their registered email address & must provide their name & application number in the subject of the email.
IISER Result 2018
Applicants can check IISER SCB channel result via online mode from the website. IISER Result 2018 will be declared in the month of July 2018. Applicants can check their result by entering their email id & password. On the basis of the marks secured by the applicants in the examination, applicants will be called for the counselling process.
IISER 2018 Counseling
The candidates who will get minimum qualifying marks in SCB will be able to appear in the counseling process. The candidates will get the seats in IISER Institutes according to their score in SCB. The seat allocation process will start in the month of July 2018. The candidates will have to appear for the counseling to get admission in IISER.
Address of Correspondence
Joint Admissions Committee 2017
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan, Pune 411008
Phone: +91 020 2590 8222 (10 AM to 3 PM on weekdays)
Applicants having query about IISER 2018 Admission, can drop comment in the comment box.