IISC Admission 2018 Exam Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Courses Offered, Selection Procedure, Merit List
IISC 2018 Admission is administrated by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). It offer’s advanced scientific and technological research and education in the country. IISc does not conduct any entrance test for providing admission. It only organize aptitute test & interview for PG & research courses. This institution offers UG, PG, Research & Ph.D courses in various fields. Admission into these courses is done through JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, CEED, JAM, KVPY and other examinations. Here we are providing details about IISc Admission 2018 including interview, dates, counselling, etc.
IISc 2018 Notification – Interviews Starts from 14th May
IISC 2018 Aptitude/Interviews test will be starting from 14th of May 2018 (M.Tech/M.Des (regular)).
- UG Courses: 4 years Bachelor of Science (Research). Veterinary Sciences
- Research Courses: Ph.D./ M.Tech (Research).
- PG Courses: M.Tech/M.Des/M.Mgt.
- Integrated Ph D Programmes.
- Ph D – External Registration Programmes (ERP).
IISC Admission 2018 Important Dates
Here we have mentioned the official dates of IISc UG & PG courses:
For UG Courses:
|Application form release from||1st February 2018|
|Last date to submit the application||30th April 2018|
|Last date to update the scores of KVPY/IIT-JEE (Main) / IIT-JEE (Advance)/ NEET examinations||Within 1 week from the date of declaration of result|
|Reporting at IISc||Last week of July 2018|
For PG Courses:
|Application form release||1st February 2018|
|Last date to submit the application||26th March 2018|
|Last date for receipt of Sponsored/ERP applications||28th March 2018 (upto 5:30 PM)|
|Last date to update the scores of Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF/UGC NET for JRF/ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/JEST examinations||30th April 2018|
|Aptitude Test/Interview for M.Tech & M.Mgt courses||16th May 2018, 17th-18th May 2018, 16th-18th April 2018|
|Aptitude test & interview for M.Tech / M.Des (regular) programmes||14th-16th May 2018|
|Interdisciplinary programmes in Bioengineering, Energy, Mathematical Sciences, Nanoscience & Engineering, Water Research, Cyber Physical Systems, Climate Change.||19th & 20th May 2018|
|Research programmes||21st-25th May 2018|
|Integrated Ph D programmes||28th-30th May 2018|
|Date of Reporting at IISc:||24th July 2018 (Course programmes (Regular and Sponsored))|
25th July 2018 (Research programmes)
26th July 2018 (Integrated Ph D programmes and ERP)
|Commencement of Classes||1st August 2018|
IISC Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to check the eligibility before applying for any course. Here we have mentioned the eligibility for various courses:
Under Graduate Courses:
- Qualification: Applicants should completed his/her 12th/ PUC II in 2017 from any recognized board.
- Appearing: Applicants expecting to complete their II PUC /12th Standard in 2018 are also eligible to apply.
- Subjects: Applicants must have a Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying exam.
- Percentage: Applicants must obtained 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST applicants).
- Examination: Should qualified KVPY/JEE Main/ JEE Advance or NEET.
- Qualification for M.Tech:Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of Engineering/Technology.
- Qualification for M.Des: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ Design/Architecture.
- Examination (M.Tech):Applicants must hold valid GATE 2016/2017/2018 scorecard as on 1st August 2018.
- Examination (M.Des): Applicants should hold a GATE 2016/2017/2018 or CEED 2018 score as on 1st August 2018.
- Qualification: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree from any recognized college.
- Examination: Applicants should qualified the GATE 2016/2017/2018 or CAT 2017 or GMAT score examination.
IISc Application Form 2018
- The IISC 2018 application form is available through online mode only.
- Applicants can fill & submit the application through the official website.
- Firstly, applicants have to register with their e-mail address and password to begin the application procedure.
- After registration, fill all the required details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of passport size photograph, signature, and signature of your parent/guardian & caste certificate (if applicable).
- Now, make the fee payment via online mode.
- Before submitting the final application, applicants are advised to check the application form carefully.
- Don’t forget to take printouts of the application for further use.
- The payment can be done through Net banking, Visa Card/Master Card and Debit/Credit Cards.
- Applicants also have to pay additional bank charges.
- The application fee for UG & PG courses is mentioned below:
|UG courses||GEN/OBC/KM||Rs. 500/-|
|PG courses||General / OBC and Sponsored applicants from Defence, DRDO, BARC, ISRO, NAL, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA PWD and CPRI||Rs. 800/-|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs. 400/-|
|ERP applicants (All categories)||Rs. 2000/-|
IISc Admission (Selection Procedure)
Here we are providing the selection/admission procedure of various courses in IISc
Post Graduate Courses:
- M.Tech: Admission to the M.Tech programme will be done on the basis of GATE 2016/2017/2018 scores. In case of applicants have equal GATE score their performance in the qualifying exam will be judged for tie-breaking.
- M.Des: Admission to M.Des courses will be made on the basis of GATE 2016/2017/2018 or CEED 2018 score and a design aptitude test and interview. The design & aptitude test will be conducted at the institution. Final selection will be made on the basis of above-mentioned admission rounds.
Under Graduate courses:
Applicants have to qualify the following examination for admission in UG courses:
- KVPY :KVPY-SA applicants appeared in 2016 & selected for the Fellowship, KVPY (SB & SX) aspirants appeared in 2017, and selected for the Fellowship and KVPY applicants shorlisted through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST applicants.
- JEE Main & JEE Advanced: Applicants appearing in 2018 & must have obtained minimum 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), and 30% (SC/ST/PH).
- NEET: Applicants appearing in 2018 & secured minimum 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PH).
IISC Admission 2018 Cutoff & Merit List
IISC receives the application from applicants will be placed in merit list as per rank secured in the examination. A separate merit list will be prepared for national level entrance examinations. The Qualified Applicants will be called for the interview round on the basis of the merit list. The seat allotment will be given on the basis of the performance in the examination and number of seats available.
The Qualified Applicants who qualify the multiple examinations will be included in all the appropriate merit lists and Separate merit lists will be made for the applicants belonging to different reserved categories.
For any other details about IISC Admission 2018, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.