IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2017- Nationality, Age, Education
IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is a self-directed agency in India started in late 1975 as PSS (Personnel Selection Services). IBPS became a self-governing entity at the behest/ command of RBI (Reserve Bank of India) and Public Sector Banks in 1984. With a mission of increasing human resource development via personal assessment, IBPS is envisioned/ intended as a self-governed academic and research oriented Institute. IBPS announces every year positions in PO, clerical, and SO posts in state-owned banks, State Bank and RRBs.
For the recruitment of Management Trainee/ Probationary Officer in the public sector banks, IBPS will publish the notification. Application form for IBPS PO 2017 will be published via online mode. Examination is going to organized in two phases i.e. Preliminary examination and Main Examination. All eligible candidates who want to get chosen/appointed as PO in public sector banks have to fill the application form which will be available only via online mode. Here, in this article we provide a complete details about IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2017 including Nationality, Age, Education etc.
IBPS PO 2017 Notification
Exam dates for IBPS PO 2017 has declared, Preliminary Examination is going to conducted on 7th, 8th, 14th & 15th of October, 2017 whereas Main exam is going to conducted on 26th of November, 2017 (Tentative).
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2017
Here, we provide all the eligibility norms/criteria required to fill the IBPS PO 2017 application form given below:
Candidate should be either –
- Citizen of India or
- Subject of Nepal or
- Subject of Bhutan or
- Or a Tibetan Refugee who came to India on or before 1st of January, 1962 with the aim/intention/purpose of permanently staying in India.
- Applicant must have complete their graduation or Degree in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India or any alike qualification recognized as such by the Central Govt.
- All the educational qualifications should be from a University/ Board/ Institution recognized by Government of India/ approved by Government Regulatory Bodies.
- Applicants must holding a valid Mark sheet/ Degree Certificate and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
- Candidates those who are in appearing in their final year of graduation are also eligible to fill the IBPS PO 2017 Application form.
- Candidates those who having age between 20 years to 30 years are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Applicants born on or between 2nd July 1987 and 1st July 1997 are eligible also to apply.
- Relaxation in upper Age limit will be provided to the candidates belonging to different categories.
Below given table shows the age relaxation norm/criteria for the reserved category candidates:
|Category||Relaxation in age|
|Physically disabled candidates (PH)||10 years|
|The people affected in the 1984 riots||05 years|
|Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes||05 years|
|Commissioned Officers, Ex-Servicemen, including SSCOs, ECOs who have worked minimum 5 years in military and have left on conclusion of project||05 years|
|Of the State of Jammu and Kashmir the original habitants of Kashmir Division during the period ranging from 1st of January, 1980 to 31st of December, 1989||05 years|
|Other backward classes OBC-NCL||03 years|
If any applicant having query regarding IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2017, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.