HPCET 2018 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Syllabus
HPCET (Himachal Pradesh Combined Entrance Test) is conducted by HimTU (Himachal Pradesh Technical University) to provide admission to the eligible students for different B Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) and B Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture) courses in all the universities / colleges coming under HimTU (Himachal Pradesh Technical University). This exam seems to be quite hard and provides a good level of competition for the aspirants to get admission in several best universities / colleges coming under HimTU. In this article we provide all information related to HPCET 2018: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Counselling, Admit card etc…
Exam Name: HPCET (Himachal Pradesh Combined Entrance Test).
Commonly called as: HPCET HP CET
Exam Type: Architecture Entrance Test & UG Engineering.
Exam: State Level Examination
The admission in HimTU (Himachal Pradesh Technical University) is done totally based on merit list. Once the result of HPCET (Himachal Pradesh Combined Entrance Test) is declared qualified aspirants go through two more stages of exam, which we discussed below, so that the seat is available for eligible aspirants.
Eligibility Criteria for HPCET 2018:
All eligibility criteria for appearing in HPCET 2018 are given below:
- Firstly only Indian citizen are eligible for exam so aspirants must be Indian.
- Aspirant must have complete their 12thfrom Himachal Pradesh board or any other alike board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English subjects along with minimum 45% of marks scoring for General category whereas 40% of marks reserved category aspirants.
- Aspirants having age between 16 years to 20 yearsare eligible for the exam. Whereas aspirants belong to reserved category given age relaxation in the upper age limit.
- Aspirants having domiciled from Himachal Pradesh or complete their qualifying exam from Himachal Pradesh are eligible for exam.
Application Process for HPCET 2018
- Aspirant has to collect their application form and the information catalogue/ brochure from the campus of HPCET (Himachal Pradesh Technical University) after official notification released, usually in the month of April.
- Application fees and all related details and provisions/ conditions will be mentioned in the information catalogue/ brochure.
- Aspirant can also apply for HPCET online. And aspirants needs to apply online from official site i.e. ac.in.
- Once aspirants filled their form, then aspirants need to submit their form on or before last date of submission of form along with DD (Demand Draft) made in the favor of the “Finance Officer, Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HimTU).
- After all aspirants submit their application form last step is to take a print out of your application form for future reference.
Age Limit for HPCET 2018
Aspirants having age between 16 years to 20 years are eligible for the exam. Whereas aspirants belong to reserved category and all female aspirants given age relaxation in the upper age limit.
Syllabus for HPCET 2018
As we stated above that this exam is UG (undergraduate) level exam and gives a hard/tough and competitive environment to the aspirants. Therefore aspiring/ ambitious aspirants have to work smart and go through basics subjects of class 12th i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Exam paper contain MCQ type question along with a time duration of total 3 hours (180 minutes). Exam will be organized/conducted in the English language.
Registration Fees for HPCET 2018
- Aspirants belong to SC/ST/BPL need to pay Rs.1100/- as a registration fee whereas aspirants belong to general category need to pay Rs. 1250/- which includes application form fee and catalogue.
- Aspirants can pay their fee by both through online mode or even offline mode.
- Aspirants make online payment through Debit Card /Credit Card or Net Banking, or by e-Challan.
- And those who want to pay fee offline then those aspirant need to pay the obligatory amount through demand draft or pay required amount in account’s department in the campus.
Admit card for HPCET 2018
After aspirants submit their application form and all done with the verification and confirmation then admit cards will be posted to the aspirant’s by speed post on the respective address as they given earlier in the application form. Aspirant can also download their admit card from official website i.e. www.himtu.ac.in. Aspirants are recommended to bring their ID proof with them. As aspirants those who don’t have any id verification will not be allowed to appear for exam.
Important Dates for HPCET 2018
|Application form starts from for all couurses||1st week of march 2018|
|Last date for application form submission ( B.Tech, B.Pharm & B.Pharm)||1st week of may 2018|
|Last date for application form submission (MBA, MCA, M.Tech and M.Pharmacy)||Last week of may 2018|
Dates of HP Common Entrance Test (HPCET):
|For B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.Pharm (Ayur)||2nd week of May 2018 (in Morning)|
|For MBA Programme||First week of June 2018 (in Morning)|
|For MCA Programme||First week of June 2018 (in Evening)|
|For M.Tech/M.Pharmacy||First week of June 2018 (in Evening)|
Counseling Process of HPCET:
After results get declared, then authorities will announce cut off for the exam. And a merit list will be generated with the list of those aspirants who are fulfilling/matching the cut off marks. After final merit list is available, all the enlisted/ recruited aspirants will go through for GD (Group Discussion) followed by a Personal Interview, as a part of the exam. And on the basis of final merit and performance in personal interview all eligible aspirants will be able to get admission in the respective university in respective streams.
Himachal Pradesh Technical University
Camp Office: Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur,
District Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh.
Ph No: 01972-224153
E-mail: registrarhimtu @gmail.com
If you have any other queries regarding HPCET 2018, feel free to comments below